The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Tampa Bay Lightning at Vancouver Canucks | Dec. 18, 2018

-Vintage Canuck-

6 minutes ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

Yup correct because 2/3 of periods isn't going to change my view on what I've seen all season, maybe for the game and after the hit on Stech it woke the boys up finally about time they did something after a dirty play, but 2/3 of periods isn't going to change how they have played all season.

At some point a young group (a new and developing core) needs to become a team.  Last night's game was the starting point for our new young core in truly becoming a team.  It was a pleasure to see the boys standing up for one another, and not just Guddy and Jake.  It was all the boys getting in some good shots.  Even Brock got in a couple!  I saw Goldy too, getting in there.  Guddy is teaching Jake how to fight better too.  I see Jake really messing up some opponents with his fists.  Sure he kills guys with extreme hits, but the next step is being a bopper.   

19 minutes ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

Yup correct because 2/3 of periods isn't going to change my view on what I've seen all season, maybe for the game and after the hit on Stech it woke the boys up finally about time they did something after a dirty play, but 2/3 of periods isn't going to change how they have played all season.

I am urging you to not post on something you're just speculating on.  If you've decided the team's this and that it won't change, it might be your attitude not theirs that's stuck.

6 minutes ago, Topcheeze86 said:

U guys really got to learn hockey and understand that edler is a massive chess piece on the backend he logged more than 30 mins like come on the guy is a horse and needs to resigned to another 2-3 yrs to mentor hughes etc 

This 110%.  We will extend Edler for 3 to 4 more years.  We need his big body too.  

10 minutes ago, Topcheeze86 said:

U guys really got to learn hockey and understand that edler is a massive chess piece on the backend he logged more than 30 mins like come on the guy is a horse and needs to resigned to another 2-3 yrs to mentor hughes etc 

In the last two years he's had an excellent return to form. I'd be happy seeing him re-signed.

39 minutes ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

:unsure: okay.....

I'm not sure how you can say the Canucks were "pushed around" last night, based on what you've seen "all season", but  we can agree to disagree, I suppose.

42 minutes ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

I think you're stuck in the 80's.........which would be awesome, but isn't really applicable to the modern NHL

2 hours ago, DIBdaQUIB said:

Tampa is a Stanley Cup contender in a struggling American market, crucial to bettmans plans to grow the game in the USA...the Nucks are a Canadian team in the midst of a rebuild and of no significance to the league.  Ergo, no suspension.

Well said DIB... it sounds too true for comfort...

5 minutes ago, DarthMelvin said:

From what I have read of his posts.. he is just trolling you all... and you are all feeding the troll. No real hockey knowledge there. 

I've made an effort not to feed him but yeah you're right, the ignore button is probably the best option. 

7 hours ago, Fan since 82 said:

I did think Nillson should have had that one, but that is Stamkos who is one of the best shooters in the league. The rest were not really on him. I thought he played a really solid game.

He did have a solid game but don't let star power get in the way of a routine save, he failed to keep us in the game.

18 hours ago, ktcy2 said:

So sick of headshot injuries. When is the nhl going to learn from it? 

Every long term injury out there has to do with an illegal head check. How the hell is it possible that we are on the receiving end of these checks 3 times now this season? 

What the heck is the nhl going to do about this now, suspend Martel for 2 games? Does it work? No, players will do it over and over again because these players who do are the border line guys who don’t care about being suspended! 

Now we lose stech for who who knows how long. I don’t understand how the league allows this to happen over and over again

If a player suffers a concussion due to an illegal hit to the head, the offending player should miss the same amount of time the injured player does.

Archived