The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Tampa Bay Lightning at Vancouver Canucks | Dec. 18, 2018

-Vintage Canuck-

4 hours ago, Tyndall2 said:

If Stecher is out for long I would prefer Biaga over Del Zotto.  Edler last night showed why he has very little trade value.  Give aways, no control on the blueline on the pp and can't hit the net if his life depended on it.  Finally, to beat a team like Tampa your goalie needs to probably stand on his head.  Last night that didn't happen.  The best part of last night's game was seeing the Canucks come to the aid of their teammates.  If the league wants hits to the head taken out of the game then the penalties have to be severe enough to discourage them.  

Your losing your credibility with posts like this. Edler played amazing last night. He’s played great all season. Without him we wouldn’t be sniffing playoffs. 

5 hours ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

I'm talking about making a hockey hit on someone, a big guy isn't going to get knocked down to the ice from someone half their size and get a concussion like the other guy who's smaller and will probably hit the ice with his head and have a higher chance of getting a head injury.

Sure, like when that giant Darius Kasparaitis concussed the midget Eric Lindros...

Hard to imagine the NHL players department deemed that hit as a hit to the shoulder where the Head was also hit. Same as Sven. What a joke! The NHL radio discussed the clean hit all day that the Canucks responded too. If that's a clean hit then make sure you hit part of the shoulder before you take there head off! A sad state the NHL has become! Its time that the NHL gets out of governing its own sport. Its too big for this level of corruption. Imagine if all pro sports were officiated by an independent officials union. That answered by the rules and not the mandate of the Owners. imagine suspensions handed out for hits to the head regardless if they were attempting to jump on the players foot. Fact: He was hit in the head and his ears were ringing because of it! Its time the Canucks get a few goons because the NHL is incapable of looking after players safety!

I wanted to apologize to the team if any of you guys see this thread. I called out the team out when Matheson gooned our golden boy and there was no response. This was exactly what we needed, our team is known to be a bunch of cream puffs and we changed the culture overnight. Even Hutton and Boeser we’re getting involved. Jake just needs to play like that almost every game, and he will be a slow burn star in this league. You could tell Gudbranson was intimidating the Tampa team. Roussel came to play and looks like a keeper, you could tell he was amped up for this one, and he looked so proud when he was sitting in the penalty box while the brawl was happening. 

3 hours ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

Canuck73 are you okay? I think something is wrong, you finally decide to quote me after trolling me and giving confused smilies to me for the last 2 months, no this can't be happening an actual response from you, sorry but just so amazed you finally wrote something to me, bravo you deserve a pat on the back!

So you're trying to say the Canucks played the Jets last night too?

Canuck73 is fine. Your posts are so bizarre that he continues to be confused....like the other 90% of us lol.

Edit: looking at this thread you appear to be the king of the confused face. But in your defence you probably have that look on your actual face most of your life lol. No offence.

2 hours ago, Topcheeze86 said:

U guys really got to learn hockey and understand that edler is a massive chess piece on the backend he logged more than 30 mins like come on the guy is a horse and needs to resigned to another 2-3 yrs to mentor hughes etc 

Sure, right after he goes to Toronto for the Spring, and finds out their top secrets! LOL

3 hours ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

Canuck73 are you okay? I think something is wrong, you finally decide to quote me after trolling me and giving confused smilies to me for the last 2 months, no this can't be happening an actual response from you, sorry but just so amazed you finally wrote something to me, bravo you deserve a pat on the back!

So you're trying to say the Canucks played the Jets last night too?

No, 95% of your posts just aren't worth mine or anyone’s time to actually respond to.

On twitter there is an over head of the Stetcher hit. Shoulder on head as clear as crystal clear water! How can the NHL not have all the angles? Wait until the roles are reversed? Maybe as a Canuck fan I never got over the Aaron Rome suspension! But man its hard to watch! The fact that the refs completely messed the call up. If it was a legal check why was a penalty called? Blind side hits are still welcome in the NHL. Man I would add my name to the players suing the NHL for not protecting them! I would love to see the NHL stand up for the players that have ruined lives because of concussions! Maybe the government needs to step in and add some mandates! Isn't that what happened to the NFL?

45 minutes ago, messier's_elbow said:

I wanted to apologize to the team if any of you guys see this thread. I called out the team out when Matheson gooned our golden boy and there was no response. This was exactly what we needed, our team is known to be a bunch of cream puffs and we changed the culture overnight. Even Hutton and Boeser we’re getting involved. Jake just needs to play like that almost every game, and he will be a slow burn star in this league. You could tell Gudbranson was intimidating the Tampa team. Roussel came to play and looks like a keeper, you could tell he was amped up for this one, and he looked so proud when he was sitting in the penalty box while the brawl was happening. 

Absolutely. I will take a loss during a regular season of a rebuild to send the message we did yesterday. Hutton said it perfectly. Wolf pack mentality. 

Dont f@*k with us

Ppl were talking about trying to win a close game, keeping composure during that Panthers game. 

Im glad the hot heads on this board and the city raised enough hell to demand change from our team. And man are we proud of our boys for it! 

3 minutes ago, cory40 said:

On twitter there is an over head of the Stetcher hit. Shoulder on head as clear as crystal clear water! How can the NHL not have all the angles? Wait until the roles are reversed? Maybe as a Canuck fan I never got over the Aaron Rome suspension! But man its hard to watch! The fact that the refs completely messed the call up. If it was a legal check why was a penalty called? Blind side hits are still welcome in the NHL. Man I would add my name to the players suing the NHL for not protecting them! I would love to see the NHL stand up for the players that have ruined lives because of concussions! Maybe the government needs to step in and add some mandates! Isn't that what happened to the NFL?

Heh, I was looking at some of the Canuck suspensions of the past.  Remember when Hansen was suspended for batting the puck out of the air?  Apparently this was a "flying elbow" :blink:

Then there's Edler 2 games for not trying hard enough to avoid Mike Smith (who was looking to draw a penalty I may add)

Actually, the supply of Edler suspensions is almost as comical as the non-suspensions on Daniel Sedin alone.

1 hour ago, messier's_elbow said:

No need to apologize, I think 99% of Canuck fans called out the team lol.

Archived