The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] Eriksson for Lucic

Just now, VegasCanuck said:

Yup, much rather have him at 6 million per season, than Lucic.

I've bashed Eriksson pretty hard in the last while, but his performance against Florida was stellar. He just played really smart and calculated hockey. It was great to see.

6 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

I've bashed Eriksson pretty hard in the last while, but his performance against Florida was stellar. He just played really smart and calculated hockey. It was great to see.

True, but it would be nice to have Milan riding shotgun for Petey.  Lucic is still fast enough in a straight line to keep up.  He’d only play 5 on 5 with Petey anyway too.  

Even if you figure the deal makes sense from a player perspective, I don't see a scenario where Eriksson waives to go to Edmonton. Neither team is currently winning, and the lifestyle for a millionaire in Vancouver is significantly better. Not to mention having to play for Hitchcock.

1 hour ago, PhillipBlunt said:

He is extremely over paid for his overall performance, we should be getting 20 - 25 goals per season out of him and at least 50 - 60 points.

I think he has slipped into a defensive role, for whatever reason. Not sure what happened to his production, he's not that old that he shouldn't still be able to produce points as well.

I think next year is the last of a hard NTC and he goes to a modified where he can submit a list of teams. I can't see us being able to move him unless we eat a lot of salary, or we do something like I suggested earlier. Do what's necessary to compensate Seattle for selecting him in the expansion draft and protect our young players.

1 minute ago, VegasCanuck said:

He is extremely over paid for his overall performance, we should be getting 20 - 25 goals per season out of him and at least 50 - 60 points.

True.

I think he has slipped into a defensive role, for whatever reason. Not sure what happened to his production, he's not that old that he shouldn't still be able to produce points as well.

Same. I would be fine with Green putting him in the press box or stapling his butt to the bench when he's having an off game to send a message not only to him, but to the team on a whole. The message being that anyone can be benched if they don't carry their weight.

I think next year is the last of a hard NTC and he goes to a modified where he can submit a list of teams. I can't see us being able to move him unless we eat a lot of salary, or we do something like I suggested earlier. Do what's necessary to compensate Seattle for selecting him in the expansion draft and protect our young players.

It would be perfect if Eriksson was taken by Seattle. Even if he takes what he did against Florida and excels for the rest of the season.

4 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

True.

Same. I would be fine with Green putting him in the press box or stapling his butt to the bench when he's having an off game to send a message not only to him, but to the team on a whole. The message being that anyone can be benched if they don't carry their weight.

It would be perfect if Eriksson was taken by Seattle. Even if he takes what he did against Florida and excels for the rest of the season.

As we get a couple of years down the road, we're going to need that cap space. I have a feeling that Luongo is going to retire in another year or two and create an issue for us. I'm hoping if that happens, that we will be able to make a good case to the league for cap relief on that contract as they approved it and then created a rule against it, retroactively.

If he's going to retire before end of his contract, doing it at the end of this season would be better for us, lower overall recapture I believe, than waiting another season.

Archived