The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2020 Winter Classic - Predators vs. Stars; 2020 Stadium Series - Kings vs. Avalanche

• -Vintage Canuck- changed the title to 2020 Winter Classic - Stars vs. Predators; 2020 Stadium Series - Avalanche vs. Kings
  • -Vintage Canuck- changed the title to 2020 Winter Classic - Predators vs. Stars; 2020 Stadium Series - Kings vs. Avalanche
20 hours ago, Fanuck said:

Meh, didn't even watch this year's versions.

NHL - this is getting old - you've saturated the market.

It isn't 'special' anymore imo. 

Entitled much? These events are for the people that go to them. Good thing there's more channels on tv or you'd be screwed.

Am I the only one who thinks these are dumb to begin with?  Fans sitting nowhere near the boards, and everyone sitting so far away from the play.  All too often bad unis and lighting.

I guess the overall event is fun for those who go with lots of things to check out (IIRC) but as far as the game itself goes, I really don't see the point.

Then they go and put them in places where snow is almost unheard of like these, and it gets even more silly.

Whatever let's them sell a bunch more tickets, I guess.

On 1/25/2019 at 1:01 PM, Fanuck said:

Meh, didn't even watch this year's versions.

NHL - this is getting old - you've saturated the market.

It isn't 'special' anymore imo. 

I imagine they must still be making bank on it otherwise they'd stop doing it. Not to be a butthole, but just cause you don't like something doesn't mean other people don't like it too.

10 hours ago, Kragar said:

Am I the only one who thinks these are dumb to begin with?  Fans sitting nowhere near the boards, and everyone sitting so far away from the play.  All too often bad unis and lighting.

I guess the overall event is fun for those who go with lots of things to check out (IIRC) but as far as the game itself goes, I really don't see the point.

Then they go and put them in places where snow is almost unheard of like these, and it gets even more silly.

Whatever let's them sell a bunch more tickets, I guess.

So we should not do our best to grow hockey?

5 minutes ago, MikeyBoy44 said:

So we should not do our best to grow hockey?

Sure.  I just don't see this as a great way to do that.  Sitting too far away from the play means a lot of overpriced seats.  If they thought they needed to put graphics on the puck to make it visible on TV so many years ago, what would they have to use in a football stadium when the viewer is another hundred+ feet distance away from the play?

I'd rather pay less to see the game in an arena and get a better sight-line.  Be closer to the play and the sounds, and not freeze my butt off.

59 minutes ago, Kragar said:

Sure.  I just don't see this as a great way to do that.  Sitting too far away from the play means a lot of overpriced seats.  If they thought they needed to put graphics on the puck to make it visible on TV so many years ago, what would they have to use in a football stadium when the viewer is another hundred+ feet distance away from the play?

I'd rather pay less to see the game in an arena and get a better sight-line.  Be closer to the play and the sounds, and not freeze my butt off.

I can see what you're saying for sure, but for the people that show up it isn't just the game it's an actual event a lot like the all star game. People can get autographs and meet guys and all sorts of stuff. It's so much fun at these events. I was at the Edmonton one and it was a blast. I find it's a great way for kids to enjoy more than just a game.

Archived