The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kreider fined

On 3/14/2019 at 9:22 PM, apollo said:

4,625,000... Is his salary 

Man that 5k really gonna teach him a lesson... 

SMH. I lose more and more hope in this league as the years go by. 

What is the message DOPs sends here? For a measly 5k anyone without a big list of previous infractions can target a star and take him out of a game (or series or season) with a well aimed elbow to the head.  Aren’t the supposed to be clamping down on his since they’ve taken the players ability to police themselves virtually out of the game?  Can’t wait until a GM has finally had enough and goes Shero on the rest of the league, and the arms race is back in full swing, because it will happen.

I feel like I post the same thing every time. Goons don’t prevent injuries, they cause them.

repeat head trauma is only one of them and one the NHL can’t stand behind after being sued by the PA.

The ugly stick swinging episodes were goons.  Bertuzzi decided that a fight was the only way to fix what happened to Naslund.

Knowing what we do about head trauma and after the PA sued the NHL about head trauma it is amazing and incredibly short sited that fighting still exists in the game. It illustrates just how complicit the PA is in throwing its membership to the wolves. 

I have never seen any data that suggests that fighting makes it safer. It certainly isn’t linked to team success. 

For all the whinging and whining on this board about fighting we are in the middle of the pack this year as far as fighting goes, it is not like we are near the bottom of the league. I don’t feel returning to a time where you could send a Bobby Clarke out to break a players ankle because he was beating you singlehandedly is a step forward. But hey he might get punched in the face after so justice is served?  Yes I know it was the Russians so there wasn’t going to be a fight anyway but glorifying violence in the game spreads beyond just the hobo fights.  Hockey is best when it is fast, tough and clean.

Saying we don’t like cheap shots so we need to make them less frequent by promoting a higher degree of violence is very questionable logic to be kind. 

On 3/16/2019 at 12:38 PM, smokes said:

The problem for the Canucks now is that who is going to keep opposing teams honest?

Yeah thankfully we had Guddy to protect Petey against Matheson and that Montreal kid whose name is hard to spell so i'd rather type this whole thing out. Tough guys don't stop dirty plays. 

On 3/14/2019 at 5:00 PM, Jaku said:

Lol I'm glad I'm not the only one that thought that. 

I think it was suspension worthy. But the NHL disciplinary committee has zero consistency.

Wrong, they're pretty consistent when the Canucks are the victim :lol:

Archived