The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

At Number 10 Who do we take?

Rate this topic

aqua59

2 hours ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

Matthew Boldy. Exactly the type of player we need alongside Pettersson and Boeser. A skilled power forward that excels in virtually every aspect of the game.

If only our first “power forward” panned out from 2014 :bigblush:

• Wat 1
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, CanuckGAME said:

You just here to troll?

Jake's story isnt over yet.   Need guys like jake to win Stanley cups.

Yes and no. I sincerely hope jake develops but hindsight is 20/20 and he was the wrong pick. But we must move on! Draft rules need to change to prevent teams like NJ from drafting 1st overall 2/3 years, ridiculous for canucks not to land a top 3 after 4 years no playoffs 

Edited by bobo1763
  • Upvote 1

Cole Caufield, Trevor Zegras, or Alexander Newhook. I understand many of you want Boldy because he is the safest pick at 10, but I really believe our first overall should always be reserved for the player with the highest ceiling. 

2 hours ago, cowboy644 said:

I'm liking the way a couple people are thinking.If the Canucks can not draft  aplayer that can make this team in 2 years,trade the pick.There isn't time to develop a 2019 pick.This team has to put together a playoff team for next year.Not a cup team,just a playoff team.Package some guys for either a  quality D man or a winger for Bo.Benninig should be gone after today and look for a gm or an  quality assistant from a team who can get creative.Jim is not the guy to get creative.It's paramount that this off season foretells the next 3 seasons.

Not to be negative but the Canucks are still way short of the playoffs. They aren't leap frogging Vegas, Calgary, San Jose and probably Colorado.

Take the pick and run....let him develop. Especially if he's a 3/4 dman.

3 hours ago, Alflives said:

Cole Caufield IMO has the most potential to be an elite driver of player, after Jack Hughes.  He’s a big risk to take at ten, but I think we need to swing for the fences and select guys who have star potential.  We already have enough third and fourth liners.  We need more guys like Petey, Brock, and Quinn who can drive play.  Caufield has that potential.  

glad to see you surfaced - some of us noticed you were MIA - thought maybe you headed to the Ukraine to join Fedor