The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] Kakko

3 hours ago, Oregon.Duck said:

you willing to part with Boeser and a first? That's probably a minimum and still a non-starter for NYR.

Agree they'd want that level of quality back. Given the player is not 'generational' though, that deal would make them think. Boeser is a potential 40 goal player, already been an allstar and was up for the calder, in a redraft he's top 5.

That being said, we're better off with boeser and who we pick (assuming he becomes a NHL player and we draft well) vs 1 player. For all we know, we pick Seider and he becomes the big #1RD we've needed for decades, that's worth more to us than one star replacing another and losing the pick

Don't forget, Boeser has PROVEN he can be an all star in the NHL, people get a bit too hyped on the new kid in the draft. As good as Kakko looks and likely will be, there is still always risk until they show they can play in the league and be consistent. Players like Alexandre Daigle, Patrik Stefan, and many others have not lived up to their 'rankings' . A sure thing vs a lottery ticket, as good as it looks is always a risk you need to think long and deep about.

Edited by 18W-40C-6W
  • Upvote 1

If you really want #2, the proposal you start with is....

To NYR

#10 pick, 2020 1st, Virtanen, Juolevi, Dipietro

To Van 

#2 pick

Even that... if I'm NYR i walk, with no hesitation. But you never know.

EDIT - if 2020 is shaping up to be a strong draft... that pick becomes more enticing

Edited by JayDangles

37 minutes ago, JayDangles said:

To NYR

To Van 

#2 pick

EDIT - if 2020 is shaping up to be a strong draft... that pick becomes more enticing

I think NYR looks long and hard at FAs available and thinks of calls in the past they made which they could seal the deal with now.

But Kakko is probably 1st overall and Hughes 2nd

So they might bite

4 hours ago, JayDangles said:

To NYR

To Van 

#2 pick

I'd do that deal.  The big risk is the 2020 pick, especially if the Canucks struggle next year.  But in my opinion, the top two guys are head and shoulders above the rest in this draft, so if you can move up then go for it.  If not, might be worth trading down, cause the talent different between #10 and #20 isn't all that much.

On 5/24/2019 at 5:04 PM, underrated said:

I'd do that deal.  The big risk is the 2020 pick, especially if the Canucks struggle next year.  But in my opinion, the top two guys are head and shoulders above the rest in this draft, so if you can move up then go for it.  If not, might be worth trading down, cause the talent different between #10 and #20 isn't all that much.

If Seider or Broberg are targets for us, and Sunderstrom is still on the board (likely all three), then trading down to 15th would almost gaurantee we’d get one of them...not a bad idea if that’s what is wanted.

• Upvote 1

On 5/25/2019 at 6:59 PM, IBatch said:

If Seider or Broberg are targets for us, and Sunderstrom is still on the board (likely all three), then trading down to 15th would almost gaurantee we’d get one of them...not a bad idea if that’s what is wanted.

If JB has one of those three he prefers I think he takes that one at 10.  I doubt he has them all ranked the same.  

• Cheers 1