The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Mafia] Doughty's Check vs Patrick Kane - (Game on)

Rate this topic

AV.

Just now, Beluga Whale said:

WW's tunneling is inherently wolfy in my mind. I believe he'd be aware enough as villager to realize he should explore other areas of the game and not just focus on BJ. 

Yah but I get like that too when in my gut I am certain someone is scum (cough cough MR) and others just aren't seeing it (cough cough you).

1 minute ago, Aladeen said:

That's fair, and no doubt lynching MR in this round will give us the evidence needed to conclude that the bird needs to be hung next round. I am all for it. 

At this point I fully believe the scum team is:

MR

BJ

Feltch/TL/Falcon

What are the key points behind your read on BJ?

Just now, Beluga Whale said:

It's how you formatted it. It seemed like the type of vote justification that wolves add after a vote.

My main disagreement was the "coaching" aspect. I don't think that's likely to be the case. In my experience I rarely see experienced mafia players telling newish players precisely how to play and what to say. They usually just give general advice. 

Why are you assuming that Gen40, if mafia, has a team of experienced players with him?

That's odd. That's very, very odd.

Just now, falcon45ca said:

Why are you assuming that Gen40, if mafia, has a team of experienced players with him?

That's odd. That's very, very odd.

WTF are you talking about. I'm responding to your suggestion that he's being coached. Implicit to that hypothetical is that he would be coached by a more experienced player.  

Aladeen I feel like BJ could be switched with otherwise or WW, at least for now. BJ seems like he’s at least putting some effort in. 

I could see a MR, otherwise/WW, TL/Fetch team

5 minutes ago, Aladeen said:

Can't say that for sure, Bussing is probably only a couple of minutes older than mafia itself. 

Something tells me BJ wouldn’t put that much effort in to bus a teammate

1 hour ago, Stamkos said:

Everyone playing ranked by order of scumminess to me. 

1. TL 

2. MR 

3. Feltch 

4. Otherwise 

Prime Scum Leans

5. GEP

6. WW

7. Aladeen

8. Falcon 

9. BJ 

Null/No read

10. Kryten

11. BW 

TP Lean 

12. Stamkos

TP 

I honestly don’t care who we take out, as long as it’s one of the top 4. While I prefer MR or TL over Fetch and otherwise, I’ll seriously go with any of them to get a majority. 

I’d rather get any of them than give the mafia a chance to swing just before nightfall. 

On 6/2/2019 at 3:43 PM, Master Radishes said:

Reads list will be short and to the point. No detailed analysis yet.

TP lean

BJ - I struggle to read him, but he seems game-solvey to me.

falcon - also seems genuinely engaged in game

Stamkos - I feel like he slanks when scum, although that one post was brutal

Zfetch - fitting TP meta

Scum lean

BW - 10% of his posts seem good, but the rest are inconsequential or are picking off low-hanging fruit (e.g. discussion of game mechanics). His tone is not intense enough for TP BW.

Kryten - maybe just rust, but he's yet to properly engage

Aladeen - not a good start, but will give him more time due to dental circumstances

Everyone else null/uncertain so far.

Yesterday I was in MR's scum pool. He never interacted with me nor did he ask me a single question. And he hasn't since! 

14 hours ago, Master Radishes said:

Top 3 scum atm:

Aladeen - acting within scum meta

Kryten - does not seem properly game-solvey even a little bit yet

GenEP - don't know his meta, but generally too silent and posts are of little substance

I'm now off his list and he never said anything about me in-between those posts. 

3 minutes ago, Beluga Whale said:

Stamkos switching to anon mid game is maximum TWTBW

I changed after the anon/non-anon discussion (I think I said something about it too) just because I just assumed it didn’t matter anymore. 

Should I just change back? Does it matter?

8 minutes ago, Blue Jay 22 said:

I always love it when someone gets called out, and then the other person's defense is that they are overreacting. I'm guilty of it myself, but being on the receiving end of it really shows you how frustrating it is. 

Ok, how about this.

I don't understand the logic behind your vote.

I don't understand how you can be so fixated with me and completely ignore more than half of the thread. Even if you think I'm scummy, I'm shocked that no one has called you out for potentially bussing me as scum/scum because of your incredibly narrow focus to the game.

I don't understand how BW providing an explanation for his early appearance and me not providing an explanation makes me more scummy when BW could easily be lying.

I've repeatedly explained my views on you vs BW. And there are others you find you scummy (Aladeen). Its not just me.

I don't understand why on page 21, you ask TL about his lists, he makes an appearance in the thread without addressing your question, and then this morning, you completely shrug off your interest of TL's reads and fixate back on my post timing. 

@Time Lord Explain your reads? Honestly, I didn't strug off TL, I had a headache this morning and will admit to some tunnel vision on you.

I'm willing to put this on backburner for now (but not my vote just yet)

I don't understand how when you argue with Stamkos, you state that I could have simply seen a PM to indicate game start time while forgetting that 2 TP specials in this game would have also received PMs, (so if I did get a PM, which I didn't, I would have at least had to check it's contents).

I don't understand how you are going to lead a lynch against a scum candidate on the basis of the timing of their first post.

I did forget that there was the other TP special. At this point, its your reaction to my thoughts about the post timing, moreso than the post timing itself, that I'm not liking and not finding towny. These are my round 1 views and I'm voting as such. 

Please help me understand how on Earth your game is a reflection of a TP mentality. Oh, and I remember you saying that you are the type of player to put out reads closer to the end of round 1, so I'm looking forward to those reads that should be coming out shortly :rolleyes:

I never said that. I said I've never been the type of player to put out lists of every player and my reads. At any point in game.