The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2019-20 Utica Comets Thread

Crazy ending to the 2nd period .... 90 seconds left, a scuffle beside the Comets net and Beezers helmet comes off, but he passes the puck.  Ref calls a penalty.   Cull goes ballistic, summons the ref and cites the rule, claims that Beezer as per the rule was in the act of playing the puck when helmet dislodged, and thus no penalty.

Refs can't reverse the call, so belatedly call a penalty on the Phantom player and call it coincidental roughing!!

On the 4 on 4, with seconds left, OJ pulls down his man and Lehigh score, just as the  buzzer sounds.  After review, goal is called off and crowd

go nuts.

So Comets end the period up 3-2 but will be shorthanded at start of 3rd

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Googlie said:

Crazy ending to the 2nd period .... 90 seconds left, a scuffle beside the Comets net and Beezers helmet comes off, but he passes the puck.  Ref calls a penalty.   Cull goes ballistic, summons the ref and cites the rule, claims that Beezer as per the rule was in the act of playing the puck when helmet dislodged, and thus no penalty.

Refs can't reverse the call, so belatedly call a penalty on the Phantom player and call it coincidental roughing!!

On the 4 on 4, with seconds left, OJ pulls down his man and Lehigh score, just as the  buzzer sounds.  After review, goal is called off and crowd

go nuts.

So Comets end the period up 3-2 but will be shorthanded at start of 3rd

I love hockey

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Googlie said:

Baertschi with 3 seconds left in the game outhustles for an empty netter.

Final score 4 - 2 Comets !!

Was OJ the first star?  He sure had another great offensive game.  My God he’s going to be great for us.  You just can’t teach his combination of size, skill, and offensive instincts.  He’s going to be a Dougie Hamilton type player.  That will take a lot of pressure off Hughes to play so many minutes.  

27 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Was OJ the first star?  He sure had another great offensive game.  My God he’s going to be great for us.  You just can’t teach his combination of size, skill, and offensive instincts.  He’s going to be a Dougie Hamilton type player.  That will take a lot of pressure off Hughes to play so many minutes.  

He’s already been Sharpied in as the Finnish Bobby Orr. A modern day Wayne Gretzky. The best player to ever be drafted into the NHL.

• Haha 1

Good road win tonight vs LV Phantoms 4-2. Lind, Hamilton, Bailey and Baertschi goals.  3 point weekend to move into second place in North Division.  Amerks in first.  Marlies third. I noticed a stat tonight that surprised me. The Comets are currently 121 Goals For (GF) to lead the AHL.

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

You talk a lot about OJ's size Alf.  He is listed as 6'3" 198lbs.  He is not even up to the average weight of players in the NHL and he is already 21. It is possible he puts on a few more pounds and it is possible he does not.

He is not big by any means.

Edited by Kanukfanatic

8 minutes ago, Kanukfanatic said:

You talk a lot about OJ's size Alf.  He is listed as 6'3" 198lbs.  He is not even up to the average weight of players in the NHL and he is already 21. It is possible he puts on a few more pounds and it is possible he does not.

He is not big by any means.

He’s still snot, and physically developing.  He will be 220 at least when he’s 23-25.  That’s why JB picked him. 

• Haha 1

He’s still snot, and physically developing.  He will be 220 at least when he’s 23-25.  That’s why JB picked him. 

Huh?  lol

You don't know that. He could max at 205.  I would Looovvvvveeee him to be 220.

But you are just making stuff up at this point lol.  Just like you just called him "snot" apparently lol.

NHL refs are, OF COURSE, managing the game.  Kings are getting away with A LOT.  Bergman is a Loser and do are the friggin’ Leafs.  

If you like the Loser Leafs, or any other NHL team, get the hell off our board, and go to yours.  You’re losers if you’re here.  

I keep saying our guys need a new voice as coach.  Fire Green!  Yeh!  Hi Petey! 

Ha ha Loser TBay giving us JT Miller.  Stupid losers.

have o said Leaf’s fans are losers?  

Jesus Alf.....lay off the bottle lol.

• Haha 2