Canucks Community

[Proposal] VAN-CBJ; VAN-OTT; VAN-BUF; VAN-VGK

To Vancouver: 

LW Paul Bittner

D Ryan Collins 

To Columbus:

LW Sven Baertschi 

Explanation:

With Pearson and Miller as our LWs we have no room for Baertschi. Columbus needs some firepower and Baertschi is a good complimentary player. We're just too deep on LW to keep him at this point. We also clear $3.3 Million in cap space trading Baertschi to a gutted Columbus team. 

To Vancouver:

LW Zack Smith

To Ottawa:

LW Loui Eriksson

VAN 2nd 2021 

LW Tim Schaller

Explanation: in later trades we'll be able to re-coup the 2nd round pick traded to Ottawa. Obviously we needed to add a sweetener to get Ottawa to take on an extra $2.75 Million in salary against the cap. Eriksson's contract is great for Ottawa's tight budget as his salary is much lower than his cap hit. Ottawa is still on the hook for Eriksson's $3 Million USD signing bonus but the remainder of the contract helps Ottawa as a budget team. Vancouver also gets rid of Tim Schaller so he can play regularly as a bottom six forward for the Senators. 

To Vancouver:

BUF 2nd 2020

C Rasmus Asplund 

D Zach Bogosian 

To Buffalo:

C Brandon  Sutter 

D Chris Tanev 

Explanation: Vancouver gets a big bruising fairly healthy defenseman in Zach Bogosian. Sabres get a calm, durable defensive defender Chris Tanev. In addition the Sabres gain Brandon Sutter who will help insulate Buffalo's young forwards. 

To Vancouver:

LW/RW Nikita Gusev 

RW Alex Tuch

To Vegas:

LW Nikolay Goldobin 

D Guillaume Brisebois 

RW Jake Virtanen 

VAN 2nd 2020 

Explanation: 

Vancouver acquires KHL star Nikita Gusev in exchange for project forward Nikolay Goldobin who will most likely play for the Chicago Wolves. Vegas also gains defensive prospect Guillaume Brisebois to add to their thin prospect pool and a second  round draft pick. Gusev is a helluva gamble for the Canucks but could end up being a huge win for us. 

Just like that, Vancouver now has $17,885,000 in cap space. 

To start, Vancouver signs RW Brock Boeser to an 8 year $58,000,000 contract with a No-movement clause($7,250,000 AAV) 

Then,  Canucks sign RW Nikita Gusev to a 2 year $9 Million contract($4,500,000 AAV) 

Vancouver still has a remaining $2,635,000 approximately in cap space. In order to be prepared to add pieces at the deadline if I'm Benning I go into the season with the extra space.

Here's how the 2019-2020 Vancouver Canucks look:

1-JT Miller-Elias Pettersson-Brock Boeser

2-Tanner Pearson-Bo Horvat-Nikita Gusev

3-Antoine Roussel-Adam Gaudette-Alex Tuch 

3-Zack Smith-Jay Beagle-Josh Leivo

Tyler Motte

1-Alex Edler-Troy Stecher

2-Quinn Hughes-Tyler Myers

3-Jordie Benn-Zach Bogosian

Olli Juolevi and Oscar Fantenberg 

Starter: Jacob Markstrom

Backup: Thatcher Demko

Not that easy to make that many big trades in 3 years never mind a few months..

Trade like this only happen on NHL 2019 games..

You have 30 other teams competing to make cap room and thats what makes it tough...

I can see Schaller Utica - save 1 million                              

Tanev  trade 4.5 million-- take back young D prospect under 2.5 million -- 2 million savings

Sutter 4.5 million - trade and retain half his salary== save 2 million

We save 5 million doing these moves...

1 minute ago, wildcam said:

Not that easy to make that many big trades in 3 years never mind a few months..

Trade like this only happen on NHL 2019 games..

You have 30 other teams competing to make cap room and thats what makes it tough...

I can see Schaller Utica - save 1 million                              

Tanev  trade 4.5 million-- take back young D prospect under 2.5 million -- 2 million savings

Sutter 4.5 million - trade and retain half his salary== save 2 million

We save 5 million doing these moves...

We need Tanev.  Not trading him.  The other two can go though. :sick:

• Upvote 1

I heard Bogosian had hip surgery this off season. If we are moving tanev, it will not be for bogosian.

Roussel will be on LTIR to start the year plus whatever is done with Eriksson 6mil.

Also have 5.57million in cap space atm needing to sign boeser and maybe goldobin also Teves and Rafferty.

Check cap friendly out, 15 forwards currently signed plus Goldy and Boeser.

10 Defenceman signed plus Teves and Rafferty.

Demko+Marky with dipietro,bachman and kielly. 

Miller Petey Boeser 

Pearson Horvat Virtanen 

Baer Sutter Leivo 

Motte Beagle Bailey?

Roussel Gaudette Eriksson 

Goldy Schaller.

Edler Tanev

Hughes Myers 

Benn Stecher 

Fantenberg Biega

Juolevi Woo

Sautner brisebois

Rafferty Teves

Dorion could not stop talking about the importance of culture at free agency.  He's not going to take Eriksson who complained about the coach to media. 

Vegas is not looking to move Tuch.  They have more expandable players on their roster - like Cody Eakin.  There have been discussions about moving Statsny - re Chris Johnson.  Tuch is on a team friendly deal and is only going to get better.  It doesn't make sense for them to weaken their roster.  They want to compete next season.  Virtanen is no replacement for Tuch.  Tuch was drafted the same year as Virtanen and is already producing at a better pace. 

Goldobin is not their kind of player.  For the expansion draft they went to talk to teammates to make sure to only bring in guys with impeccable work ethic.  In the AHL all he would do is take ice time away from the prospects they are trying to develop. 

• Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I know he is valuable but he is always hurt? If we can get young prospect back with upside i would make trade...Tanev is UFA on last yr of contract.

We are lucky to get 55 games from Tanev..

31 minutes ago, GhostsOf1994 said:

I heard Bogosian had hip surgery this off season. If we are moving tanev, it will not be for bogosian.

Roussel will be on LTIR to start the year plus whatever is done with Eriksson 6mil.

Also have 5.57million in cap space atm needing to sign boeser and maybe goldobin also Teves and Rafferty.

Check cap friendly out, 15 forwards currently signed plus Goldy and Boeser.

10 Defenceman signed plus Teves and Rafferty.

Demko+Marky with dipietro,bachman and kielly. 

Miller Petey Boeser 

Pearson Horvat Virtanen 

Baer Sutter Leivo 

Motte Beagle Bailey?

Roussel Gaudette Eriksson 

Goldy Schaller.

Edler Tanev

Hughes Myers 

Benn Stecher 

Fantenberg Biega

Juolevi Woo

Sautner brisebois

Rafferty Teves

Bailey is Utica player along with Schaller 1 million dollar savings send Schaller to Utica.. No room for Schaller, Erickson could also be in Utica..

I was just listing the depth of the canucks current roster and likely ahl call ups.

I'd bet the coachs/managment want Gaudette to play huge minutes in ahl.

Goldy is top 6 or bust, Schaller, bailey and Eriksson in the ahl still leaves a whole on the 4th line rw

10 hours ago, Alflives said:

Tanev is never really around. If someone around the league values him enough to throw us a bottom pair d-man and a 2nd or 3rd rounder I think we'd be mistaken to not at least consider it. I doubt anyone would without at least seeing if Tanev can stay healthy though. So we are probably stuck with him for the year healthy or not. Since I see us being playoff bound this season.