The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Mafia: Tales From The Dungeon [Game over; Mafia win)

Rate this topic

AV.

6 minutes ago, falcon45ca said:

I find the tp cred Stamkos gave MH & Z very strange. If 2 players both agree that the sky is blue, does that mean that one is mirroring the other? No, it just means the sky is blue.

Nah Bro... I can see that if there was a more insightful view of scumminess. I have yet to read back to see the hype. But your post aligned with Aladeen, The complete Deenis is very similar. 

My vote will most likely be for Falcon.

Just now, DarthMelvin said:

Nah Bro... I can see that if there was a more insightful view of scumminess. I have yet to read back to see the hype. But your post aligned with Aladeen, The complete Deenis is very similar. 

My vote will most likely be for Falcon.

Who else is on your scum list?

6 hours ago, DarthMelvin said:

I was curious about one of your posts. I wanted to wait and see what else you posted.  You are starting to mirror post.  I find this suspect. It's like you are trying to pocket Aladeen. 

I like this read. IMO everything falcon says there is correct, but the way it's phrased just looks like a summary of what Aladeen had just said.

7 hours ago, Stamkos said:

My list - 

Scum reads 

1. BJ 

2. Hoggers

3. Aladeen  

Meh/Slankers/no read 

5. Flaccid

6. DM

7. LL

8. 65

9. TL

10. Lewt

11. MR

12. Toews

TP lean

13.  Fetch

14.  MH 

100% TP

15. Stamkos  

Lots of meh. 

How on earth are you town reading MH? He posted like one thing and it was sketchy as &^@#.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

This reminds me of when I used to play on some old scanlation forums back in the day. The nostalgia is palpable.

While we're talking about it, can I get a quick tl;dr of the unwritten community rules and protocols? Because I think it is something I can easily adopt. Someone @ me, please.

In any case, I am still observing. I have read the entire thread, and am continuing to think about my reads and formulating some rough pools. I intend on making a post later, be it tonight or tomorrow morning. We shall see. That being said, I am loving this context towards how things work and run. I'm having a pretty good time. Been a while since I really got to observe somewhere new with people I don't know, and I appreciate the opportunity. 

• Upvote 3
3 hours ago, Aladeen said:

So a post that had nothing to do with you, wasn't directed at you and was obviously a joke to someone I have been playing mafia with for over half a decade with is bullying? and that is somehow related to you?

You are that much of sensitive delicate flower that you can't even talk to someone like a man about it? You had to run to the mods to battle for you? Wow that is absolutely pathetic in every sense of the word. You talk about online bullying but your username is literally trying to intimidate people and how you post shows zero respect to anyone you have posted to in a game where you know only the person who brought you to it.

I have played with these players and I am still here, if they thought I was a bully I would have been permabanned a long time ago. You, Hoggers and Maple should go back to whatever troll site you came from, but wherever that is it's obvious they don't play mafia there because you are the worst player I have ever seen and when players like Green Demon and Horvat have graced us with their presence that is saying a lot. 

You just know damn well you would have had your ass handed to you in this game by me and your only real hope was narccing me out to the mods. That is literally the only explanation for your pathetic play, your little man bravado and every other character flaw you have exhibited in your posting thus far. 

lol

6 hours ago, Aladeen said:

Any ways I'm out AV says he doesn't care if I drop so I am going to, I will literally never play a game with Stamkos or the 3 noobs again. 

6 hours ago, Aladeen said:

I am sorry stammers, I believe you. I am just pissed off and you were the one I was engaged with at the peak of that.

I know it was one of the 3 noobs my gut tells me 65 but it doesn't really matter, it's best for me to take a long break at the very least.

If I keep playing this game now I will for sure be permabanned. 

@Everyone I am sorry for what I said to stammers he didn't deserve that. GL with the rest of the game. 

Don't worry after a month u can make a new account

Not that I would know opps

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
4 hours ago, Blue Jay 22 said:

Lucky, here are my reads. Give me your thoughts after your read through:

5 hours ago, Blue Jay 22 said:

Got too many songs stuck in my head. Anyways, here are my reads at this point:

1. BJ 

I feel like you are back in the town form I expect of you. You are presenting a lot of arguments / possibilities without pushing a narrative or trying to control the thread which reads more tp and less maf for now. But you're smart and tricky as &^@#. Regardless of my general distrust of everybody, I agree with your tp lean on you.

2. LL

Shouldn't be as timid and intimidated. Asking questions, looking for holes, tells, but not a lot of actual game solving. I chalk that up to not being very good at the game.

3. Intoews

Town lean. He's addressing things in a concise manner, his tone is believable.

4. falcon

Falc is not shying away from any conflict or line of questioning and defending himself admirably. Gut says falc is tp.

5. TL

Does that guy ever post prior to an hour before NF1? I look forward to his intro. Usually provides lots of meat to chew on.

6. DM

Has done nothing. I guess his last little give and take with falc is a step in the right direction, but filling a thread with memes tells me he doesn't want to say much, or doesn't have much to say, which is scummy. Scum lean

7. MR

I'm totally null on MR. His tone and overall approach seem more in line with tp MR, but there are a few aspects to his wording or usage which just aren't sitting right. 50/50

8. hoggers

Not being helpful. Posts with zero info or insight. OK, I found a couple of his posts interesting, but he's not giving any content.

The focus of his posts have revolved more around his friends than any actual scum hunting.

9. 5'6Jacked

Keeps baiting people, refuses to answer questions, just replies to questions with questions in some arrogant air of superiority.

Continually creating conflict without any justification for it then bails only to come back with more baiting one liners.

Interesting to note a little give and take I had with hogs where he confirmed 6'5 is playing head games in an attempt to get a certain type of response from other players, but I'm not sure if I can buy that because neither 6'5 or hogs seem very interested in helping the town at this point.

It's like an ego driven attempt at keeping all and any info they've gathered to themselves.

Those two are frustrating as hell from where I sit. Which is basically a high chair, maybe a booster seat.

10. Aladeen

Pretty sure he's tp. Like 95%. The 5% is because I wouldn't put it passed him to be so convincing and appearing to be a #1 scum hunter but actually distracting us and kills us all.

11. Zfetch

I expect more from Z. Offering nothing but a tire pump on the new guy and bizarre reads. Scum lean

12. MH

Yeah, scum lean.

13. Lewt

No idea

14. Stamkos

Going out of his way, sticking his neck out to call out vets. I really didn't like his first few posts, seemed like an early attempt at special hunting or something, I dunno, but it didn't sit right in my head. He's a null for now.

15. Maples

Not a damn clue. I'm eagerly awaiting a post which contains more than a sentence from her.

So I guess that puts tp at

BJ

Deen

Falc

Toews

A bunch in between

Scum-

6'5

Z

I don't know who else. Think I need a couple beers and some herbage to get my mind straight.

• Thanks 1
2 hours ago, Maple said:

This reminds me of when I used to play on some old scanlation forums back in the day. The nostalgia is palpable.

While we're talking about it, can I get a quick tl;dr of the unwritten community rules and protocols? Because I think it is something I can easily adopt. Someone @ me, please.

In any case, I am still observing. I have read the entire thread, and am continuing to think about my reads and formulating some rough pools. I intend on making a post later, be it tonight or tomorrow morning. We shall see. That being said, I am loving this context towards how things work and run. I'm having a pretty good time. Been a while since I really got to observe somewhere new with people I don't know, and I appreciate the opportunity. 

Lots of words designed to pull at the heartstrings, BEHOLD THE PROMISE, but just like yesterday will provide absolutely no insight.

Prove me wrong please.

OK. The biggest kid is getting ready for bed.

I had a miserable day at work and I'm going to get a mean buzz on to wash that crap away once the kids are in bed.

If you think my posts are pretty useless right now, just wait a couple hours. I'll be giving MH and DM a run for their money on the useless post scale.

Maybe I'll just roll in a be a &^@#ing dick to everybody because that seems to be an acceptable strategy now.

25 minutes ago, luckylager said:

I feel like you are back in the town form I expect of you. You are presenting a lot of arguments / possibilities without pushing a narrative or trying to control the thread which reads more tp and less maf for now. But you're smart and tricky as &^@#. Regardless of my general distrust of everybody, I agree with your tp lean on you.

Shouldn't be as timid and intimidated. Asking questions, looking for holes, tells, but not a lot of actual game solving. I chalk that up to not being very good at the game.

Town lean. He's addressing things in a concise manner, his tone is believable.

Falc is not shying away from any conflict or line of questioning and defending himself admirably. Gut says falc is tp.

Does that guy ever post prior to an hour before NF1? I look forward to his intro. Usually provides lots of meat to chew on.

Has done nothing. I guess his last little give and take with falc is a step in the right direction, but filling a thread with memes tells me he doesn't want to say much, or doesn't have much to say, which is scummy. Scum lean

I'm totally null on MR. His tone and overall approach seem more in line with tp MR, but there are a few aspects to his wording or usage which just aren't sitting right. 50/50

Not being helpful. Posts with zero info or insight. OK, I found a couple of his posts interesting, but he's not giving any content.

The focus of his posts have revolved more around his friends than any actual scum hunting.

Keeps baiting people, refuses to answer questions, just replies to questions with questions in some arrogant air of superiority.

Continually creating conflict without any justification for it then bails only to come back with more baiting one liners.

Interesting to note a little give and take I had with hogs where he confirmed 6'5 is playing head games in an attempt to get a certain type of response from other players, but I'm not sure if I can buy that because neither 6'5 or hogs seem very interested in helping the town at this point.

It's like an ego driven attempt at keeping all and any info they've gathered to themselves.

Those two are frustrating as hell from where I sit. Which is basically a high chair, maybe a booster seat.

Pretty sure he's tp. Like 95%. The 5% is because I wouldn't put it passed him to be so convincing and appearing to be a #1 scum hunter but actually distracting us and kills us all.

I expect more from Z. Offering nothing but a tire pump on the new guy and bizarre reads. Scum lean

Yeah, scum lean.

No idea

Going out of his way, sticking his neck out to call out vets. I really didn't like his first few posts, seemed like an early attempt at special hunting or something, I dunno, but it didn't sit right in my head. He's a null for now.

Not a damn clue. I'm eagerly awaiting a post which contains more than a sentence from her.

So I guess that puts tp at

BJ

Deen

Falc

Toews

A bunch in between

Scum-

6'5

Z

I don't know who else. Think I need a couple beers and some herbage to get my mind straight.

@hoggers

( :