The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Extinction Rebellion - More Traffic Disruption Planned For Vancouver Friday

DonLever

25 minutes ago, Alflives said:

The more our state becomes a welfare accepted society the more votes the Liberals (and other far leftist types) get.  It's a sad reality that our current government supports these protests, in hopes of gaining more votes.  Give people a free ride, and they will definitely vote for you.  Totally bad for our country's future.  (Okay tree huggers.  I put that one on a tee for you.) 

If I could give you two up votes I would.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

I don’t understand how you and others can be so passionate about something with such a limited understanding. 

Does it require a deep understanding something to be passionate about it? I know very little about how my internal organs actually work but I'm pretty passionate about making sure they continue to work.

I'm not a climate scientist, don't pretend to be one. But I believe in science and so I'm passionate about the issue. 

Your cynicism/defeatism is ugly.

9 minutes ago, inane said:

Does it require a deep understanding something to be passionate about it? I know very little about how my internal organs actually work but I'm pretty passionate about making sure they continue to work.

How do you make sure your organs continue to work? By having a slight idea of what is good or bad for your body to consume perhaps?

If you were told you need to drastically reduce your alcohol intake over the next 12 years or it will be too late for your organs and you will die. Would you focus on cutting out the odd glass of wine you have once a month and call that a victory.  All the while ignoring the 40 of vodka you pound a day. 

Seems like a smart and logical idea.

If it’s a legit climate emergency, treat it like one. Actually focus on viable solutions that will actually make an impact to reduce/cut out global emission otherwise what’s the point of the alarmism.  Instead of coming across as a concerned activist you come across as a weak minded individual simply looking to appease your own conscience. Most people are smart enough to realize that and it’s why protest like this are losing their appeal and being labeled as a negative. People are fed up being called the bad guy.  

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

How do you make sure your organs continue to work? By having a slight idea of what is good or bad for your body to consume perhaps?

If you were told you need to drastically reduce your alcohol intake over the next 12 years or it will be too late for your organs and you will die. Would you focus on cutting out the odd glass of wine you have once a month and call that a victory.  All the while ignoring the 40 of vodka you pound a day. 

If it’s a legit climate emergency, treat it like one. Actually focus on viable solutions that will actually make an impact to reduce/cut out global emission otherwise what’s the point of the alarmism.  Instead of coming across as a concerned activist you come across as a weak minded individual simply looking to appease your own conscience. Most people are smart enough to realize that and it’s why protest like this are losing their appeal and being labeled as a negative. People are fed up being called the bad guy.  

You make a lot of assumptions about me. 

Your defeatism and cynical pessimism masked as realism is a time worn approach but never results in anything. Change is hard, it should make you uncomfortable. 

11 minutes ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

Fantastic analogy!

Passion is great, if it has proper direction and understanding. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

Yeah I think and science back me up that China and India’s year to year growth in CO2 emissions is the equivalent to 10 years of CO2 emissions of the oil sands.

Canada represents 1.6% of global emissions. Global Emissions are increasing at 2.7%.even if Canada produces ZERO emissions the global emissions still grows.  You would think about how vocal and passionate you are about this topic that you would have done one ounce of research on it. I guess that’s a lot to ask for nowadays. 

Exactly, that's why the cpc environment plan is the best for the world. 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

If you have no knowledge of environmental issues why even discuss it?

Fin calls you a poster that has his head buried in the Alberta tar sands.....  Also, fin is very hungry lately..... so few salmon.  You ever wonder why Salmon runs are collapsing...... ?

Edited by kingofsurrey

6 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

If you have no knowledge of environmental issues why even discuss it?

Fin sent me a few links to send to you.  Fin says if he sees you at a Canucks game he wants to " have a word with you " 

Global Warming Is Pushing Pacific Salmon to the Brink, Federal Scientists Warn

The fish, critical to local economies and the food chain, were already under pressure from human infrastructure like dams. Climate change is turning up the heat.

https://insideclimatenews.org/news/29072019/pacific-salmon-climate-change-threat-endangered-columbia-river-california-idaho-oregon-study

3 hours ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

I think Forsberg and others have a valid point.

IF the climate scientists are right about the dire consequences that are coming our way due to man made CO2 emissions and IF the only way to stop those dire consequences is for the world to come together and drastically reduce those emissions, I think we're probably screwed.  I just don't see that type of unified action coming.

My hope is that reducing CO2 emissions isn't the only way of solving the problem.  That, instead,  someone will come up with a technological innovation that extracts greenhouse gases from the atmosphere and converts them into something useful (like another energy source).

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, UnkNuk said:

I think Forsberg and others have a valid point.

IF the climate scientists are right about the dire consequences that are coming our way due to man made CO2 emissions and IF the only way to stop those dire consequences is for the world to come together and drastically reduce those emissions, I think we're probably screwed.  I just don't see that type of unified action coming.

My hope is that reducing CO2 emissions isn't the only way of solving the problem.  That, instead,  someone will come up with a technological innovation that extracts greenhouse gases from the atmosphere and converts them into something useful (like another energy source).

Plant trees my friend 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2