The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The DumbBrexit / #Wexit thread

JM_

32 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Not alive?  Who are those two you speak of?

Or are you assuming things about people you never have and never will meet again?

My bad I'm sure you study Alberta politics when you were 3.

30 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

She's not respected? How did she get elected? :unsure:

Respected in a far left Edmonton riding. Wonder why? Maybe cause the ndp hired a wack of government workers..

27 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Exhibit A ^^ of the right's identity politics and making political decisions based on ideology and myths over common freaking sense and reality.

:lol:

19 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

its just shows how far things have gone. She's an elected MP, pro-pipeline. But no, thats not good enough :picard: I mean listen to yourself. 

btw, 33% of AB likes the NDP provincially. 40% of Albertans didn't vote CPC federally. Maybe its you. 

:picard: so rather than listen to the 60% in both cases you would rather the minority speak for us.

Again if you want to argue Alberta politics why did you make a thread on separation? I assumed your thread was how best to kill the separation talk and you propose an ndper. Ftr the ndp and liberals are hated in Calgary...you know the 3rd biggest City in Canada. 

Edited by Ryan Strome
  • Haha 1

Just now, Ryan Strome said:

My bad I'm sure you study Alberta politics when you were 3.

Respected in a far left Alberta riding. 

:lol:

:picard: so rather than listen to the 60% in both cases you would rather the minority speak for us.

Again if you want to argue Alberta politics why did you make a thread on separation? I assumed your thread was how best to kill the separation talk and you propose an ndper. Ftr the ndp and liberals are hated in Calgary...you know the 3rd biggest City in Canada. 

who's "us" - so those 40% are just "them" and don't count as Albertans? Holy cow man. 

3 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

who's "us" - so those 40% are just "them" and don't count as Albertans? Holy cow man. 

Holy cow you like putting words in someone's mouth when your argument fails. Of course those people matter but you want a party in Alberta represented by the ndp who are hated here and not by a person who won a riding with over 70% support. Why are you so dead set against a cpc mp from Alberta?

Edit: us is Alberta. 

Edited by Ryan Strome

7 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

Holy cow you like putting words in someone's mouth when your argument fails. Of course those people matter but you want a party in Alberta represented by the ndp who are hated here and not by a person who won a riding with over 70% support. Why are you so dead set against a cpc mp from Alberta?

Edit: us is Alberta. 

what fail? An elected, pipeline supporting MP isn't good enough for you. Thats your words.

Scheer is set on opening up cabinet confidence. How can he be trusted not to put pressure on his MP to not act in good faith in cabinet? It would be better to put in a PC senator who doesn't have re-election bias. 

Edited by Jimmy McGill

4 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

I dunno man....it sounds an awful lot like, "Hey, don't throw us a bone.....we want the whole F&^%# chicken!"

Not at all. Why do you have an issue with an Alberta cpc mp who won by a landslide being that voice?

Here's the bigger issue, how come when we have a liberal government they continually have little if no support out west? 

1 minute ago, Ryan Strome said:

Not at all. Why do you have an issue with an Alberta cpc mp who won by a landslide being that voice?

Here's the bigger issue, how come when we have a liberal government they continually have little if no support out west

Because it's simply not true.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Jimmy McGill said:

what fail? An elected, pipeline supporting MP isn't good enough for you. Thats your words.

Scheer is set on opening up cabinet confidence. How can he be trusted not to put pressure on his MP to act in good faith in cabinet? It would be better to put in a PC senator who doesn't have re-election bias. 

First Scheer has to go. Second, there is so much more than just supporting TMX Jim. Alberta oil is getting such a bad wrap globally when in fact it's the safest cleanest in the world. We have a PM who has never stood up for the oil industry in fact said he wants to phase it out. He should be promoting it as it will have benefits for every canadian. C48 c69 are garbage man. Investment is way down and a lot is to do with Ottawa not giving investors confidence. 

Just now, Ryan Strome said:

Here's the bigger issue, how come when we have a liberal government they continually have little if no support out west? 

I don't. The only one with an issue here seems to be you.

As for the second question, I've given up trying to figure out why people vote the way they do. It baffles me that 40% of Americans continue to support Donald Trump, so the only guess I can make is that people have gotten so tribal, there is no chance of swaying them. For example both you and FTG have spent a considerable amount of time complaining about PET. It doesn't make a lot of sense to me that people would despise his son, just because of his name, but it's obvious that many do.

Also, I noticed that you used the uncapitalized word "liberal". I think there is plenty of liberal support in the west, it just so happens that much of that support goes to the NDP. I'd say they were much more ideologically aligned with the Liberals than the Cons...

6 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

I don't. The only one with an issue here seems to be you.

As for the second question, I've given up trying to figure out why people vote the way they do. It baffles me that 40% of Americans continue to support Donald Trump, so the only guess I can make is that people have gotten so tribal, there is no chance of swaying them. For example both you and FTG have spent a considerable amount of time complaining about PET. It doesn't make a lot of sense to me that people would despise his son, just because of his name, but it's obvious that many do.

Also, I noticed that you used the uncapitalized word "liberal". I think there is plenty of liberal support in the west, it just so happens that much of that support goes to the NDP. I'd say they were much more ideologically aligned with the Liberals than the Cons...

The hatred for the liberals is way before trump. It started in the 80s. Was western Canada tribal then?

Edited by Ryan Strome

3 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

The hatred for the liberals is way before trump. It started in the 80s. Was western Canada tribal then?

I didn't realize we were talking about the 80's with your 'they continue to..' quote.

'Continue to' would tend to indicate the general present FWIW. And presently, they garnered 26.1% of the vote in BC (24.4% NDP and 34.1% Cons FWIW) in the recent election.  Hardly the 'little to no support' you purported.

17 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

Oh really? 1980 PET had 2 seats west of Ontario and 0 seats west of Manitoba. What did Chretien get 1 seat in Alberta? JT no seats in Saskatchewan and Alberta and what 2nd or 3rd place in BC. Such a national party eh?

Could the West embracing Reform (Tea bagger in the US) style conservatism be at play here.  That style of conservatism couldn't win nationally as well.  It's only when they absorbed the PCs and changed their name that they were able to bamboozle conservative voters out east.  

• Cheers 1

25 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

First Scheer has to go. . 

agreed

25 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

Second, there is so much more than just supporting TMX Jim. Alberta oil is getting such a bad wrap globally when in fact it's the safest cleanest in the world. We have a PM who has never stood up for the oil industry in fact said he wants to phase it out. He should be promoting it as it will have benefits for every canadian. C48 c69 are garbage man. Investment is way down and a lot is to do with Ottawa not giving investors confidence. 

So how does the NDP MP cause harm? Shes pro-AB all the way. 

As far as the phase out thing, he said it is a declining industry, which it is. Its not immediate but many see oil declining globally not just in AB.

He does promote it. I don't know why you keep saying he doesn't. He said over and over again during the election how important it is AB oil gets to market and how its safe and clean relative to competitors. Why can't you acknowledge that? 

C69 has nothing to do with investment leaving. You need to ask yourself, why did Canadian Encana shareholders let the fox in the henhouse in 2013? why did they think hiring a Texas oil CEO was a good idea, and not lead to the company heading to the US? The thinking that has led to investors going south happened a long time ago RS. 

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Trump was an example of how I can't understand how people vote. it's not really germane to anything else.

Let's not talk about Germany. Lol j/k

1 minute ago, aGENT said:

I didn't realize we were talking about the 80's with your 'they continue to..' quote.

'Continue to' would tend to indicate the general present FWIW. And presently, they garnered 26.1% of the vote in BC (24.4% NDP and 34.1% Cons FWIW) in the recent election.  Hardly the 'little to no support' you purported.

So then the cpc has the most support nationally in your opinion?

2 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

Let's not talk about Germany. Lol j/k

So then the cpc has the most support nationally in your opinion?

Single party? Yes. Progressive vs regressive parties? Not even close. I thought we were talking about 'the West'?

Edited by aGENT