The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Colorado Avalanche at Vancouver Canucks | Nov. 16, 2019

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

17 minutes ago, Trebreh said:

what a cocky bitch! didn't earn a tie? I agree the Canucks didn't play well but they were down two goals with 3 mins left... how was that not earning it?

easy to say that after he scored game winner.... :rolleyes:

this is bulletin board material for next game and i hope they are fully healthy so they cant use the missing Rantanen/Landeskog excuse. 

how did they earn a tie? that 3rd goal the entire team is like looking to the player that just got hit in the head and trying to get the ref to stop the bloody play lol.. that 3rd goal never even should have happened..

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Bertuzzi44ever said:

Eichel has a higher career points per game then Mackinnon and has played on more lower scoring teams. 

Everyone praised Mack but Eichel outskates him every all star game and has done better in his career thus far. I’m also a buffalo fan and I just felt I had to get that off my chest, but yes he’s great for sure. Lol

Took a while for Mack to become elite but I would take Mack over Eichel everyday right now.

Mack and McDavid are the only two players with too much speed or skill to handle. 

Eichel is good and could become better in a few years too at Mack's age.

1 hour ago, Bertorama said:

As expected November is a tough month for this team I think we all saw that coming. 

so far 2-4-3 in November, October is holding us up Nicely at the quarter mark of the season.  

To me it’s the coming compete level and fight that these guys through now in the next 6 games that will set this team up to be a playoff team, from boys to Men. Here comes the grind it out games before a gifted schedule of December home games. Here comes the opportunity to show stamina and Character and truly get bonded as a team regardless of the bumps and bruises and injuries. Time to battle through. 

let’s Go boys!!!

tbh the easy schedule against bottom feeders pumped this team up way higher than where they really are.. the powerplay is dominant against the bottom feeders.. against good decent teams.. they look horrendous.. they have a great record against bottom feeder teams but their records against teams competing for playoff spot is actually pretty horrendous.. hopefully we get more consistent secondary scoring.. or the weight of carrying the offense by EP will wear  him down as we get down to the stretch run

5 hours ago, N7Nucks said:

Hopefully this puts to rest the idea Demko is a bonafide starter right now. I love the guy, but he needs some seasoning still. Stole a point at least. Lets try survive this roadie here.

Its one game. All the top goalies in the league have games from time to time when they let in some softies.Hell Rask let in a few softies in game 7 of the SCF lol. I think its too early to say he isnt a starter, and I'm hoping he is cause itll save us a lot of money and make us a better team 

Just finished watching the game recorded...

3 Stars - the skate jersey. Wicket... wow..

2 Stars - Gaudette. Making a name for himself. Play like that, and here will never see another AHL game...

1 Star - the gutsy comeback. Green pulling the goalie with almost 4 min to play was good to see, and got us a point in a game we looked out of. 

on a side note, McKinnon is probably the best player in the NHL just now.... or very close to it....Quick and powerful throughout... Avalanche are a couple of years ahead of us, so expect that to be the level we play at constantly in a couple years. 

The boys will learn from these games.

onwards and upwards. 

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 2

For all the complaining about starting Bo in OT.... he won almost every single draw during the game, so Green puts him out for the opening F.O. in O.T hoping to start with possession. Unfortunately he lost that draw and McKinnon showed his class...

Don’t think the idea was wrong at all... 

Edited by spook007
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Junkyard Dog said:

We need to survive November till Beagle, Sutter, Ferlund, Motte and Roussel are back.

Hopefully we manage to steal some points.

Miller-Pettersson-Boeser

Pearson-Horvat-Virtanen

Bottom Six (Healthy):

Ferland-Sutter-Leivo

Motte-Beagle-Roussel

Gaudette(?)

Bottom Six (Present)

Baertschi-Gaudette-Leivo

Schaller-Graovac-Eriksson

Massive difference....

6 hours ago, canuck2288 said:

Every overtime we start a line that counters their top line. We don’t play to win, we try not to lose 

tonight we lost 

play EP, Miller and Hughes straight up !!!

People wonder why I get frustrated by Geeen?

Bo won just about every draw throughout the game and even the commentry commented on how amazing he was on the dot, so why would you not let him take to opening draw win O.T. 

19 minutes ago, spook007 said:

For all the complaining about starting Bo in OT.... he won almost every single draw during the game, so Green puts him out for the opening F.O. in O.T hoping to start with possession. Unfortunately he lost that draw and McKinnon showed his class...

The pic helped

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, spook007 said:

Green simply went with what he always does.  Horvat-Miller got the 1st shift in OT 5 times out of 6 so far.  

Pettersson-Boeser-Hughes were the 1st shift in OT only once vs Philadelphia very early in the season and 1st time the game went to OT.  Otherwise it has always been Horvat-Miller and Tanev.  Edler vs Washington.  

9 minutes ago, mll said:

Green simply went with what he always does.  Horvat-Miller got the 1st shift in OT 5 times out of 6 so far.  

Pettersson-Boeser-Hughes were the 1st shift in OT only once vs Philadelphia very early in the season and 1st time the game went to OT.  Otherwise it has always been Horvat-Miller and Tanev.  Edler vs Washington.  

True... But possession is massive in 3 on 3. Especially when the best player by a country mile is on the ice...

I love to see EP - Brock - Hughes as much as anyone, mega exciting when they are on the puck, but totally understand why Green was using Bo to the opening draw... on a night where he basically owned the face-offs.

If anything, maybe put Quinn and EP/Brock with him, and let him change after the F.O.

Edited by spook007

6 hours ago, Darius said:

yep, bo was owning that whole team in the dot tonight.  I think Green put him out there to get possession  from Mackinnon, their most mobile shutdown D is Tanev....  If they weather that first MacK shift you put Petey, BB and QH against their next tier of players and it would have been a gong show for the Aves in their zone.

Spot on....

• Cheers 1