The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Colorado Avalanche at Vancouver Canucks | Nov. 16, 2019

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

1 hour ago, Shirotashi said:

TY Horvat aside from his faceoffs, has been awful and I mean awful. He wants nothing to do with the puck

I before people dump on me I challange anyone to show me where he was dangerous. Hes one of the worst 

players on the team (faceoffs aside). Prove me wrong show me im wrong.

A little harsh but not that far off. Bo needs Sutter and Beagle to soften his minutes. 

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, J-23 said:

Yes, he took a shot to the &^@#ing head. I was at the game, he was leaking. Play should be stopped anytime that happens.

i saw it on tv with replays, i did not see blood on the ice till he got up and left and that was on replays. If they blew all suspected injuries down there’d be so much faking it would turn hockey into soccer. It’s a refs judgment call and I think from what I saw they got it right.

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Kanukfanatic said:

Demko was average.

Too bad...it was his chance to take the net from Marky.  O well.....

Gaudette is great. He solidified his spot on this team.  Horvat needs to get his game back....the only thing he is doing right now is winning faceoffs.....no goals.

Tbh I think he's nursing an injury but Bo knows that if he sits, the team is done.

1 hour ago, ShawnAntoski said:

Good points and I hope that a solution comes to fruition that is amicable.  You seem to be a very patient person to have such a perpective and that is good on you.  Being a low event player with his salary is unacceptable to most fans and he should had expected that after signing that contract. 

I agree, you can't have a guy there like Ericsson, with the salary he has to just BE there to be a warm body on the ice. He's not contributing anything. Gaudette is flying right now, and with Motte and Rousell probably coming back soon, theres just too many guys waiting in the wings that can actually impact a game and contribute to the team over Ericsson. Louie had his chance, he's played almost a 3rd of the season and we've seen squat. Honestly, I can't even recall him doing anything memorable the last few games

2 hours ago, Smashian Kassian said:

The 1st unit really needs to simplify. Too much passing, its like they are always looking for someone else to shoot. Seems like they are unsure or lacking some confidence as a group.

There's too much talent on that unit for this kind of inconsistency. You have guys that can shoot, just let whoever has a chance to blast away. 

Hughes shoots when he sees a lane. That's one thing I love about him. He has Pettersson and Boeser on the half walls, but if he sees an opportunity - hes taking it.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, AllWeatherFan said:

“It just felt kind of cheesy,” MacKinnon said of the Canucks comeback. “It didn’t really feel like they earned the tie. It just didn’t feel like it should have been an overtime game. I’m sure everyone felt the same as I did; I just wanted to end it as quick as possible. I wanted to end it first shift and I’m glad I did.”

Gotta say, I’m with Mackinnon that the boys didn’t deserve a tie tonight. We’ve gotta realize we’re a lunchbox team. If we don’t outwork the other team we lose. We’re trying to be too high-end (skill focused) and just need to go back to running up the shot clock like when we were winning. 

Hurts not having Sutter and Beagle. Who knows? Maybe even Ferly was making more of an impact than it seemed. 

Juolevi now too? C’mon. 

https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/avalanches-nathan-mackinnon-channels-anger-get-best-canucks/

https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/canucks-olli-juolevi-lower-body-ailment-no-timeline-return/

what a cocky bitch! didn't earn a tie? I agree the Canucks didn't play well but they were down two goals with 3 mins left... how was that not earning it?

easy to say that after he scored game winner.... :rolleyes:

this is bulletin board material for next game and i hope they are fully healthy so they cant use the missing Rantanen/Landeskog excuse. 

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, WHL rocks said:

Hard earned come back point. 

Green had a brain cramp started the wrong players vs MacKinnon.. 

Or we had a chance to get 2 pts

He wanted Bo to get possession of the puck and then quickly switch off to get petey and the others out there. Unfortunately it didn't work out.

• Upvote 1

We’ve now won 2 of our last 9. Didn’t read greens press release but did he think we played a good game again?

How many more games of Tyler Myers doing nothing but giving the puck away, taking penalties and producing Zero offense or using his size is it going to take for people to realize he isn’t worth half his contract.

he makes what eriksson does people. Benning payed him more then what mcavoy got. Mcavoy is great in both ends. Tyler actually sucks in both. Hutton is out producing Myers in LA! Lol at least he’s got a goal and does he even make a third of what myers does?

name one great play he’s made this year. I’ll wait 

Edited by Bertuzzi44ever

3 hours ago, Silky mitts said:

Edler and Bo's minutes way too high tonight. Green is running these guys into the ground. He is pretty inept and is showing it in a lot of ways this season.

He has no choice. Nobody else aside from Sutter and Beagle can win faceoffs like Bo does. And the reason Edler's mins are high is because as decent as Benn and Stecher are as a pairing, they're not as reliable as we think they are. Edler also plays 2nd unit pp and pk.

4 hours ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

It's pretty jarring to get a look at what an elite talent actually looks like. 

Eichel has a higher career points per game then Mackinnon and has played on more lower scoring teams. 

Everyone praised Mack but Eichel outskates him every all star game and has done better in his career thus far. I’m also a buffalo fan and I just felt I had to get that off my chest, but yes he’s great for sure. Lol

4 hours ago, ShawnAntoski said:

JV can be a lite version of McKinnon if he ever develope that situational awareness to make plays not just for himself but his linemates as well

Situational awareness is something that is hard to develop. You can train to be stronger, faster, to shoot better, but that instant decision making that top players have is not really trainable, you either have it or you don’t.

JV doesn’t and never will. EP does and can become as good as McKinnon, all he needs is a bit more swagger. 

4 hours ago, Kanukfanatic said:

Huh? I am not referring to any face off. More of a general comment in that I don't think green is a very good NHL coach. He is mediocre at best. I wish the Canucks would ditch him and get a real NHL coach.  Look at what some other coaches in the NHL are able to get their teams to do...such as the Montreal Canadiens this year. 

Green just seems to not be very good.

There's a reason he's the coach and you're not.

• Upvote 2

28 minutes ago, filthycanuck said:

Beagle yes, a big hell no to Sutter. That guy is expendable

He's been good this season on the PK, defensively and has provided secondary scoring on top of winning draws.

He's our best option as 3rd C. Gaudette should be playing wing in the top 6.

Only way we trade him is if Gaud can play defense and win draws we he hasn't shown. He's shown he can score so play him to his strengths. Bo needs a winger.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Dumb Nuck said:

Problem is, if the rule was different there’d be more faking than actual injuries, I think it has to be obvious, major bleeding, unconscious, etc. The ref has to be absolutely sure it is a serious injury. In this instance, from what I saw the injury didn’t look that serious. Look at the injuries caused by blocked shots, should they all be called?

no but with all the concussion lawsuit in all sports.. any contact to the head whether it's illegal check taking a puck to the head etc etc all should be instantly stopped.. sure people might fake it.. but league should be reviewing anyways.. if players are found to be embellishing maybe suspend them for a game or something.. for the sake of players well being.. rather take it seriously then just oh i don't think he's really hurt.. only to find out he's like covered in blood