The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Mafia - Cocaine & Combovers (MAFIA WIN, DM A HUGE DISAPPOINTMENT)

Rate this topic

falcon45ca

9 hours ago, Aladeen said:

The Mandalorian is the best thing about Star Wars since rogue one... I have spoken.

Well, Rogue One sucked too, imo. That movie had the most boring characters.

Tbh, after TLJ my love for Star Wars is pretty much gone.

Edited by Ceres
41 minutes ago, Ceres said:

Well, Rogue One sucked too, imo. That movie had the most boring characters.

Tbh, after TLJ my love for Star Wars is pretty much gone.

I have spoken

Edit: TLJ was truly the most $&!#e thing to ever hit the screen, a group of nutless monkeys could have taken their feces wiped it on some paper stapled it together and come up with a better screenplay than that abomination, but Rogue One was fracking good especially the end of the movie with Vader chasing after the plans, was very cool that that is where New Hope Began IMO

Edited by Aladeen
16 minutes ago, Aladeen said:

I have spoken

Edit: TLJ was truly the most $&!#e thing to ever hit the screen, a group of nutless monkeys could have taken their feces wiped it on some paper stapled it together and come up with a better screenplay than that abomination, but Rogue One was fracking good especially the end of the movie with Vader chasing after the plans, was very cool that that is where New Hope Began IMO

Yeah I agree on TLJ. It simply ruined the entire trilogy for me. A good story has to follow one artistic vision; you can't just have a rotating cast of directors that can change the direction of the overarching story whenever they feel like it. 

• Cheers 1
16 minutes ago, luckylager said:

Pffft, TLJ kicks the crap out of the prequels. Episode 1-3 were awful, especial 1 and 2. Total trash.

If you managed to live through the utter disappointment of that era of Star Wars you really shouldn't be complaining about the most recent additions IMO.

My only beef with the new stuff is Kylo. The dude is way too much of a pussy / emotional hipster to be a good sith. To even present a Sith that has an overwhelming sense of conflict between light and dark IN EVERY SCENE is just a bitch move and panders to snowflake culture. 

We saw absolutely no conflict in Vader until Lukr was being tortured by the Emperor in the dying minutes of the third film. We didnt have to watch him struggle with teenaged emotions for 5.5hrs before he makes a firm decision.

Like, you'd have thought he'd find his way after killing Han, but nope. Just a sullen little wanker listening to AFI's Eternal Suckage on the Black Seas of Crybaby Punkrock.

Yeah the prequels sucked as well. No doubt about that. 

Pretty sure Kylo isn't even a Sith. And I'm not sure why having an emotional character is even a bad thing. If acknowledging or highlighting the emotional conflicts within humans is "snowflake culture" then all I have to say is: ok boomer.

31 minutes ago, Ceres said:

Yeah the prequels sucked as well. No doubt about that. 

Pretty sure Kylo isn't even a Sith. And I'm not sure why having an emotional character is even a bad thing. If acknowledging or highlighting the emotional conflicts within humans is "snowflake culture" then all I have to say is: ok boomer.

See, this where they lose me. Jedi and Sith, by nature are "Superhumans". 

Also, both Jedi and Sith see emotion as a weakness. One a path to the dark side, the other, something to be exploited.

Basically, Kylo sucks. He's too fearful to be a Jedi and too much of an emotional basket case to be a Sith.

Emotional characters, or human characters are part of the saga, without our emotions we become less than human; psychopaths and sociopaths.

Those with knowledge of the force are supposed to be above our basic level of human emotional wants and needs.

By putting a spotlight on this moral dilemma of a Sith, IMO, they're pandering and preying on the superficial pop need for emotional conflict, or what I see as snowflakery.

2 hours ago, Aladeen said:

I have spoken

Would’ve been cooler if 3PO and R2 were on the ship so that scene would make sense, but alas, inaccuracies and inconsistencies are common with Disney. 

And I'm not a Boomer.

One of the great things about being GenX is we get to criticize Boomers for being hypocrites because they &^@#ed up the economy (and planet) under the guise of love, peace and environmentalism, and also pass off the emotional tendencies of younger generations as weakness.

But don't worry, most of us have no idea who we actually are.

35 minutes ago, luckylager said:

And I'm not a Boomer.

One of the great things about being GenX is we get to criticize Boomers for being hypocrites because they &^@#ed up the economy (and planet) under the guise of love, peace and environmentalism, and also pass off the emotional tendencies of younger generations as weakness.

But don't worry, most of us have no idea who we actually are.

Haha I know. It's just funny to say "ok boomer" when someone is expressing old fashion ideals. 

45 minutes ago, luckylager said:

See, this where they lose me. Jedi and Sith, by nature are "Superhumans". 

Also, both Jedi and Sith see emotion as a weakness. One a path to the dark side, the other, something to be exploited.

Basically, Kylo sucks. He's too fearful to be a Jedi and too much of an emotional basket case to be a Sith.

Emotional characters, or human characters are part of the saga, without our emotions we become less than human; psychopaths and sociopaths.

Those with knowledge of the force are supposed to be above our basic level of human emotional wants and needs.

By putting a spotlight on this moral dilemma of a Sith, IMO, they're pandering and preying on the superficial pop need for emotional conflict, or what I see as snowflakery.

I don't know if you can say the Dark Side sees emotions as weakness. I think a lot of their principles come from unleashing hate and anger. 

But I suppose that's where we differ. I am much more compelled by characters with weaknesses or flaws, and have to deal with moral conflicts. 

9 minutes ago, Ceres said:

I don't know if you can say the Dark Side sees emotions as weakness. I think a lot of their principles come from unleashing hate and anger. 

But I suppose that's where we differ. I am much more compelled by characters with weaknesses or flaws, and have to deal with moral conflicts. 

You can though. The sith exploit emotional attachment.

How was Anakin turned out again? 

I rest my case.