The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Time to give Goldy a chance with Petey again?

Rate this topic

*Buzzsaw*

2 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

What? He had 43 an 56 points 3+ years ago. 

And AV said last game that it’s nice to see Miller now “gets it”.  Miller, in the eyes of AV, should have been a dominant player in all parts of the game.  50 points is good for some players, but Miller accomplished that while he didn’t get it.  Now that he gets it, he is a PPG player who is a friggin beast, and really hard to play against.  Goldy needs to “get it” for how he needs to play to be his best.  

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Alflives said:

And AV said last game that it’s nice to see Miller now “gets it”.  Miller, in the eyes of AV, should have been a dominant player in all parts of the game.  50 points is good for some players, but Miller accomplished that while he didn’t get it.  Now that he gets it, he is a PPG player who is a friggin beast, and really hard to play against.  Goldy needs to “get it” for how he needs to play to be his best.  

bingo Alfred. Some guys take time. Burkie liked him at 15th oa, and would have selected him higher up if he had a better attitude at the time he was interviewed for the draft. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Industrious1 said:

What?

2 years ago Green made a comment saying his mom called him and wanted Goldobin playing and not scratched because she liked him, I thought people would of remembered that but I guess not, you guys are no fun.

"My mom called me last night and she was upset that Goldy might not play tonight, as it was reported. That's not correct, Goldy is in. As is Jokinen. Dowd is out." - Coach Green

On 11/25/2019 at 10:08 PM, *Buzzsaw* said:

We all know what Green said after training camp... 'I've decided to go in a different direction'.

But unfortunately reality has intervened and the team is struggling to generate shots or chances at even strength with only eight 5 on 5 goals in the last 11 games.

Meanwhile, Goldobin, who had undeniable chemistry with Pettersson last year, (Pettersson's most productive spell during the 2018/2019 season was with Goldy) is tearing up the AHL, leading Utica in scoring with 8 goals/20 pts in 18 games.  His linemate Reid Boucher is feasting with Goldy as a winger, with 13 goals in 18 games... one of his best ever starts.

Pettersson wasn't tearing it up because of Goldobin but more likely because he was not getting covered the way he is now. Teams simply weren't expecting Pettersson to be a scoring threat at the beginning of last season. Now, teams are sending out their best defencemen to cover Pettersson. 

Nice to see Goldy is going to get a fair shake, in what is likely his final opportunity to show anything. It seemed like he lasted 2 shifts with Petey before being sent down to the bottom of the lineup and then to eventually being plastered to the bench for much of the 2nd and 3rd periods. 

No player is going to succeed like that, it's next to impossible. Not a big fan of how Green juggles the lines so much. 

Edited by TheRealistOptimist
  • Upvote 1

19 hours ago, TheRealistOptimist said:

Nice to see Goldy is going to get a fair shake, in what is likely his final opportunity to show anything. It seemed like he lasted 2 shifts with Petey before being sent down to the bottom of the lineup and then to eventually being plastered to the bench for much of the 2nd and 3rd periods. 

No player is going to succeed like that, it's next to impossible. Not a big fan of how Green juggles the lines so much. 

I find it strange that Green does this with Virtanen too. If these two guys make one mistake or don't score on their first two shifts they benched . If one of them did what Schaller did on the pens goal that made it 6-4, they'd be scratched. Everyone on the team has made bad plays that cost them this year but Virtanen makes one mistake and everyone's on his case. 

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Timbermen said:

I find it strange that Green does this with Virtanen too. If these two guys make one mistake or don't score on their first two shifts they benched . If one of them did what Schaller did on the pens goal that made it 6-4, they'd be scratched. Everyone on the team has made bad plays that cost them this year but Virtanen makes one mistake and everyone's on his case. 

Green has higher hopes for Virtanen and thats why hes a little harder on him and I think its working.  Despite what the negativity media keeps throwing down our throats about Jake, Virtanen is still considered a player the Canucks have high hopes for.  He may never be  a perennial 30 goal guy,   but he can still be a legit top 6 winger in this league.  He is trending upwards.  

Did anyone think Kassian would pan out in the NHL?  Vancouver basically threw him away, and hes matured in Edmonton to the point that he makes an impact constantly throughout each game.  Let players like Jake mature and grow with the team and it will pay off.    

• Upvote 2