The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Discussion) Turris for Eriksson?

Forget any possible sweeteners, Turris for Eriksson straight up? Yay or nay?  

27 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Turris, a local boy, has been a healthy scratch lately and with 4 years remaining beyond this year left on his contract at 6m per his contract status is worse than Eriksson situation. 

Eriksson has 2 years remaining beyond this season and his contract is buy out proof 

Turris, 30, is better than 9 points in 19 games and can play Center or wing 

My point being Eriksson 6m on the books isn't going to vanish and this team cant go to the next level with that dead weight on top of having 4m on the books for Luongo and Spooner.

Canucks have 10m (12.3% of their cap space) on the books that is giving them no production and Turris at 6m will at least give the Canucks a little somethin somethin 

To Nsh: Eriksson

To Van: Turris, 2nd pick 2020, 2nd pick 2021

the Canucks get the sweetener to take on the extra 2 years of Turris's deal

miller-pettersson-boeser

ferland-horvat-turris

pearson-sutter-virtanen

roussel-beagle-gaudette

P.S Seattle may look at turris for the expansion draft if he has a good year next season ;) 

If the Preds could retain cap I'd take him on, but yeah just as it was mentioned to raise his value and have Seattle pick him up.

Doubt an NHL shot and hands like his fade so quickly when he's the victim of so much depth in Nashville such that he got buried.

Could see him, Gaudette, Leivo, Edler and Goldobin form a solid PP 2, and that would be much better than having that money sit and do nothing (if Loui doesn't retire).

5 hours ago, billabong said:

Turris, a local boy, has been a healthy scratch lately and with 4 years remaining beyond this year left on his contract at 6m per his contract status is worse than Eriksson situation. 

Eriksson has 2 years remaining beyond this season and his contract is buy out proof 

Turris, 30, is better than 9 points in 19 games and can play Center or wing 

My point being Eriksson 6m on the books isn't going to vanish and this team cant go to the next level with that dead weight on top of having 4m on the books for Luongo and Spooner.

Canucks have 10m (12.3% of their cap space) on the books that is giving them no production and Turris at 6m will at least give the Canucks a little somethin somethin 

To Nsh: Eriksson

To Van: Turris, 2nd pick 2020, 2nd pick 2021

the Canucks get the sweetener to take on the extra 2 years of Turris's deal

miller-pettersson-boeser

ferland-horvat-turris

pearson-sutter-virtanen

roussel-beagle-gaudette

P.S Seattle may look at turris for the expansion draft if he has a good year next season ;) 

interesting idea for sure... with Granlund and Smith coming off the books, they could look to get Turris out of the picture too via a Loui trade/buyout. They wouldn't save much Y1 but they do after that. I'd be interested because I don't think we see much more out of Sutter this year or next so we need a 3C. AG's great but he's not ready. 

5 hours ago, Jimmy McGill said:

interesting idea for sure... with Granlund and Smith coming off the books, they could look to get Turris out of the picture too via a Loui trade/buyout. They wouldn't save much Y1 but they do after that. I'd be interested because I don't think we see much more out of Sutter this year or next so we need a 3C. AG's great but he's not ready. 

A Turris buyout is a 2M cap hit - longer term but more manageable than Eriksson who is 5.7M followed by 3.7M.  The Predators window is now and that difference to add in free agency is significant.  

• Cheers 1

8 hours ago, mll said:

A Turris buyout is a 2M cap hit - longer term but more manageable than Eriksson who is 5.7M followed by 3.7M.  The Predators window is now and that difference to add in free agency is significant.  

good point, I wasn't thinking about a Turris buyout as a possibility for them.