The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Stars fire head coach Jim Montgomery, name Rick Bowness interim head coach

Rate this topic

3 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Sleeping with one of the staff girls, who is really young, but not so young it's a criminal offence?  I don't see why the team is hiding what happened, unless there are legal concerns.  Nill did mention the team got advice from lawyers on the matter.  

Any time you are dismissing an employee for cause, it is ALWAYS best to consult with a legal rep or team. Otherwise it could come back to bite you in the arse if there is no real justification. Given the swiftness and timing of the decision, it has to be pretty damning on Monty.  

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Sleeping with one of the staff girls, who is really young, but not so young it's a criminal offence?  I don't see why the team is hiding what happened, unless there are legal concerns.  Nill did mention the team got advice from lawyers on the matter.  

Nill said no staff is involved.  

Lawyers are consulted because there's a contract - there's also money due and they probably don't want a legal battle.  

Edited by mll

1 minute ago, Odjick29willkillyou said:

Any time you are dismissing an employee for cause, it is ALWAYS best to consult with a legal rep or team. Otherwise it could come back to bite you in the arse if there is no real justification. Given the swiftness and timing of the decision, it has to be pretty damning on Monty.  

Maybe it is about Monty sleeping with someone he shouldn't be, and the team is keeping it quiet to protect the woman?  I think that scenario fits in with all that Nill said in his presser, right?  That's got to be it!  Happened at that Christmas party too.  Too much booze, and he and some woman hit the sack.  Yup, I'm going with that.  

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

Sleeping with one of the wives of another employee?  That fits perfectly.  It's not a crime, but is sure as hell wrong, and hurts the team.  

Nill said no employee past or present were involved.  

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, mll said:

Nill said no employee past or present were involved.  

Wife of an employee is (technically) not an employee, right?  Plus Nill said he didn't want to say more, because he wanted to protect the names of the other party.  Sure sounds like a sex scandal to this old ball of fur.  

2 minutes ago, RonMexico said:

That could just as easily be lip service. It could very well be a total coincidence too.

The story will come out one day - Nill wouldn't take the risk to say it's not about racism/abuse and then for it to be about that.   

• Upvote 1

Seriously ?

Ok then if this is the new standard and we are all playing the PR game then we can expect 28 more firings after Babcock, Peters, Montgomery. I am sorry and I would not discredit someone who felt the need to come out about being wronged and I would not condone some of the things being rumored but there is next to nobody other then maybe Dan Hamhuis and the late Roger Nielsen who can legit retain their positions at this point.

Again things coming out and will continue to, but we need to learn how to deal with things instead of removing people, I mean are we going to set up an Island of Misfit abusers or something. You cannot terminate peoples careers or damage them to the point they are done. I mean are clubs being businesses simply scared of bad PR ? there needs to be another avenue here where things are acknowledged, apologies and effort is taken to move forward together. 

You watch the outrage over the Peloton bike commercial, there is a real problem here with opinions and feelings equaling rights and policy. Sure we don't know the extent of what happened in Dallas, but first reaction here is this is getting frankly disappointing. 

• Thanks 1
  • Wat 3

8 minutes ago, Mike Vanderhoek said:

Seriously ?

Ok then if this is the new standard and we are all playing the PR game then we can expect 28 more firings after Babcock, Peters, Montgomery. I am sorry and I would not discredit someone who felt the need to come out about being wronged and I would not condone some of the things being rumored but there is next to nobody other then maybe Dan Hamhuis and the late Roger Nielsen who can legit retain their positions at this point.

Again things coming out and will continue to, but we need to learn how to deal with things instead of removing people, I mean are we going to set up an Island of Misfit abusers or something. You cannot terminate peoples careers or damage them to the point they are done. I mean are clubs being businesses simply scared of bad PR ? there needs to be another avenue here where things are acknowledged, apologies and effort is taken to move forward together. 

You watch the outrage over the Peloton bike commercial, there is a real problem here with opinions and feelings equaling rights and policy. Sure we don't know the extent of what happened in Dallas, but first reaction here is this is getting frankly disappointing. 

The NHL is scared. Didn't you hear Bettman? We don't like surprises. READ: this hurts our sacred brand.

Edited by RonMexico

6 minutes ago, Mike Vanderhoek said:

Seriously ?

What's that about?  Girl riding bicycle right?  What's wrong with that one?  

As for the whole, these guys are losing their careers.  I think they are in a position of privilege, and are making a lot of money too.  They could get other jobs, just (likely) not in hockey, or so high paying.