The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Stars fire head coach Jim Montgomery, name Rick Bowness interim head coach

Rate this topic

47 minutes ago, JayDangles said:

Good point. 

Most people that do not live down here forget that Texas Rangers HC Ron Washington had a relapse in mid-season and was dismissed shortly thereafter in the midst of a successful season at the time. Yes the team provided counseling as needed, but they cut ties with him quickly. Given what we know (or do not know) at this point, I would say that could be a possible reason.   

What the hell is happening to hockey???
don Cherry gets fired and all of a sudden it's total open season on everyone who's ever done anything wrong at any point over the last 228 years.

And NOW, we have a GM in Dallas, Jim Nill, firing his coach, but saying that "it had nothing to do with any player past or present, and also not criminal in nature"

OK !? 

So what? He got caught getting a little extra at a massage parlour on a day off? GIMME A BREAK.... 

Montgomery's firing is not related to that kind of misbehaviour, a person familiar with the situation told The Associated Press on condition of anonymity because the team had not elaborated on the reason for Montgomery's dismissal.

(from https://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/jim-montgomery-fired-dallas-stars-nhl-1.5390679 )

Great, so lets fire people for behaving themselves I guess? :angry::rolleyes:

Like Dave Mustaine said in 1986: "who said I aint kind... just not your kind" 

Edited by fecklund
  • Cheers 2
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Baer. said:

Lol I like how you just resort to insults when disagreed with... Have a nice day Monty.

Thing is, it’s not a disagreement when you’ve misunderstood what others were able to get. You thought I brought up the tweets from Seguin as either:

1. To string him up; or

2. As a joke

Neither assumption was correct. Others know that, you didn’t. But you continued to believe that was the case. 

Also not an insult. Was a statement of fact. My 3 year old does get things wrong.

• Cheers 2

8 minutes ago, fecklund said:

What the hell is happening to hockey???
don Cherry gets fired and all of a sudden it's total open season on everyone who's ever done anything wrong at any point over the last 228 years.

And NOW, we have a GM in Dallas, Jim Nill, firing his coach, but saying that "it had nothing to do with any player past or present, and also not criminal in nature"

OK !? 

So what? He got caught getting a little extra at a massage parlour on a day off? GIMME A BREAK.... 

(from https://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/jim-montgomery-fired-dallas-stars-nhl-1.5390679 )

Great, so lets fire people for behaving themselves I guess? :angry::rolleyes:

Like Dave Mustaine said in 1986: "who said I aint kind... just not your kind" 

and yet trudeau was not fired for rasit blackface three times

• Upvote 1

Made a pass at the team owner???

Was caught trying out new methods of "Tenderizing Cows"?

No idea, total speculation by everyone....

We might never know the answer to this one, guys. I'm not sure that all the people on this board will ever be able to accept and live with that ::D

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, VegasCanuck said:

Made a pass at the team owner???

Was caught trying out new methods of "Tenderizing Cows"?

No idea, total speculation by everyone....

We might never know the answer to this one, guys. I'm not sure that all the people on this board will ever be able to accept and live with that ::D

It'll come out eventually.