The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Stars fire head coach Jim Montgomery, name Rick Bowness interim head coach

Rate this topic

19 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

So the best speculation so far is that it has to do with his personal life?

Not unlawful behaviour, abuse of players, not racism, not falling under the leagues incoming code of conduct.. 

That leaves it in a weird spot,  really curious what it was.

I wonder if it's something like Rob Ford. Apparently, he did quite a few drugs as a player in St. Louis and I wonder if he was filmed taking drugs and someone anonymously sent the video to Dallas management.

I'll add that if he indeed did get fired for the radio interview that is just unbelievable. There's no way he could be fired for that.

Edited by peaches5

14 minutes ago, peaches5 said:

I wonder if it's something like Rob Ford. Apparently, he did quite a few drugs as a player in St. Louis and I wonder if he was filmed taking drugs and someone anonymously sent the video to Dallas management.

I'll add that if he indeed did get fired for the radio interview that is just unbelievable. There's no way he could be fired for that.

WHAT DID HE SAY DURING THE INTERVIEW?

24 minutes ago, peaches5 said:

He's bald.  Maybe it's a bald thing that was caused by doing drugs?  

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, peaches5 said:

Even if it is a drug problem isnt the better course of action to get him help like they do with players, rather than kicking him the curb?

Of course we are entirely speculating but a drug problem is different than what's been going on with the other coaches. 

4 hours ago, apollo said:

He probably tried to get between benn and Seguin and got fired for it. 

Benn and Seguin have a really weird thing going on between them. I'm curious what they do to one another behind closed doors. 

That being said whatever they got going on, I'm not gonna bash them since I have no problem with the LGBQT community. 

Jim should have known better than to get involved. Fired! :P

Man that thing benn and Seguin got going on is really weird though. Not sure why they don't come out public? 

It's also pretty weird they dissed the Sedins on that Neil and Bob radio show in Dallas saying something like 'Who knows what else they do together". You know what they say about guys always calling other people gay. When someone posts the finger it's usually pointing right back at themselves.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, fecklund said:

That is a reallllllly quick turnaround.

Either Nill was looking for a reason to fire Montgomery (less likely) or it is really bad. 

4 hours ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Seemingly all a player has to do is apologize and admit a moment of weakness/stupidity and it's all forgiven...

Coaches? They're (expletive deleted)ed.

what I've been saying through all of this is, sure there's some dick coaches out there, but about 80% of the hockey players that I know are terrible people and it won't be long until they start feeding on each other too.

36 minutes ago, peaches5 said:

The timing and explanation doesn't fit.  Nill said he received a phone call on Sunday that made him aware of a material act of unprofessionalism and it caught him by surprise.  He would have been aware of the radio interview earlier - plenty of people heard it.     

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, mll said:

The timing and explanation doesn't fit.  Nill said he received a phone call on Sunday that made him aware of a material act of unprofessionalism and it caught him by surprise.  He would have been aware of the radio interview earlier - plenty of people heard it.     

How about this scenario?  Montgomery, while coaching in college, slept with one of the girl students, who helped the hockey team in some capacity.  The girl would have been of age, so no criminal investigation, but Montgomery was in a position of power over the girl, so that would be considered really bad from the NHL.  (And really bad in most people's eyes)  

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

How about this scenario?  Montgomery, while coaching in college, slept with one of the girl students, who helped the hockey team in some capacity.  The girl would have been of age, so no criminal investigation, but Montgomery was in a position of power over the girl, so that would be considered really bad from the NHL.  (And really bad in most people's eyes)  

It happened recently.  

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, mll said:

It happened recently.  

Sleeping with one of the staff girls, who is really young, but not so young it's a criminal offence?  I don't see why the team is hiding what happened, unless there are legal concerns.  Nill did mention the team got advice from lawyers on the matter.