The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

All Decade Team Canada

Rate this topic

ruilin96

Had a lot of fun seeing everyone's roster on the All Decade Canucks team, I am going to start a thread here on all-decade team Canada.

Eligibility:

1). Player must be eligible to compete for team Canada at the International Stage (so if a player is Canadian citizen but competes for a different country at the IIHF, that player is not eligible)

2). Must be a player actively playing in the decade between 2010-2019. Player does not have be part of the Vancouver/Sochi Winter Olympic teams, as long as he is Canadian by IIHF standards, you can put him on your team.

Perry - Crosby - Iginla

Mackinnon - McDavid - Marchand (:sick:)

Getzlaf - Toews - Stamkos

Tavares - Bergeron - Marleu

Giroux

Doughty - Weber

Keith - Vlasic

Pietrangelo - Burns

Seabrook

Price

Luongo

Fleury

Edited by ruilin96

I'll bite.  Forward lines are in no particular order as all could be a top line.  Reuniting some prominent pairings and groups that have worked well.

all round line 1:
Marchand - Crosby - Bergeron (such an elite, all-purpose line formed in 2016; now the Bruin duo is scoring too, they'd be scary if reunited)

speed line:
Stamkos - McDavid - MacKinnon (all 1st overall picks line with speed to burn.  Stammer on the left for the one-timer, plus Nate can snipe on either wing)

power line:
Iginla - Getzlaf - Perry (dominant PF trio, the Ducks were always tough in their heyday and Iggy's not an all-time great Flame for nothing)

emergent stars:
M. Richards - Toews - Giroux (all three broke out as legit stars and captains in this era, and this was their decade of youth)

HM: Jeff Carter (dominant as a Flyer, as a King and on Team Canada), Patrick Sharp (might be because of his riding shotgun with Toews but he was good)

Dynasty backbone:

Keith - Seabrook (dominant pair this decade, winning several Cups and other championships)

Dominant studs:
Doughty - Weber (they were a pair in 2010 if I'm not mistaken and have the makings of an all-round threat)

Hamhuis - Pietrangelo (Alex was emerging at the same time as Doughty and Stammer, and since 2011 I've had a soft spot for Hammer)

HM: Niedermayer - Pronger (tribute for a pairing in the sunset of their career)

Luongo/ Fleury/ Price

• Upvote 1

Did my best to keep everyone in positions they've played at least somewhat frequently before:

Brad Marchand - Sidney Crosby - Patrice Bergeron

John Tavares - Connor McDavid - Nathan MacKinnon

Claude Giroux - Jonathan Toews - Steven Stamkos

Jamie Benn - Ryan Getzlaf - Corey Perry

Patrick Marleau

Notable omissions: Jarome Iginla, Joe Thornton, Jeff Carter, Patrick Sharp

Duncan Keith - Drew Doughty

Marc-Edouard Vlasic - Shea Weber

Alex Pietrangelo - Brent Burns

Mark Giordano

Notable omissions: PK Subban, Brent Seabrook

Carey Price