The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Erik Karlsson out for the season

Rate this topic

4 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Karlson isn’t in the lineup and low and behold the goalie magically gets a shutout.  Obviously EK is a serious liability defensively.  He was a mistake, and if the GM could dump that mistake he would in a heart beat.  Trouble is no team will take that mistake.  My God!  It’s twice, actually worse considering the term left, than our mistake on Loui.  Sharks are done fir the coming decade.  And I personally find that, as a true Canuck’s fan, FUNNY AS HELL! 

1. It was the Wild.

2. Your hatred for the Karlsson deal is clouding any logic thrown your way. Saying the guy can't play anymore is delusional at best.

• Wat 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

Just now, canuck73_3 said:

1. It was the Wild.

2. Your hatred for the Karlsson deal is clouding any logic thrown your way. Saying the guy can't play anymore is delusional at best.

And I didn’t even read your post.  As a Canuck’s fan (and on our board) I hate the other teams, especially SAN Jose and Joe the loser Thornton.  I’m glad ?EK is a bustaroo, and is ruining their team for the next decade.  That’s better for us, no?  God, what’s happening to th3 world of fandoms when we cheer for the hated Sharks?  

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

And I didn’t even read your post.  As a Canuck’s fan (and on our board) I hate the other teams, especially SAN Jose and Joe the loser Thornton.  I’m glad ?EK is a bustaroo, and is ruining their team for the next decade.  That’s better for us, no?  God, what’s happening to th3 world of fandoms when we cheer for the hated Sharks?  

I'm not cheering for the Sharks, just pointing out that Karlsson isn't their problem. Goaltending is...

1 hour ago, canuck73_3 said:

62FBACBD-E00D-4CA3-9E68-7DEEEC02F546.jpeg

EK was great is 2012.  Bobby Orr was great in 71.  Both are done as NHL players though.  Difference is the Bruins aren’t locked into Orr for 11 million cap per year for seven more years.   Guys age out, and EK has aged out.  

EK was great is 2012.  Bobby Orr was great in 71.  Both are done as NHL players though.  Difference is the Bruins aren’t locked into Orr for 11 million cap per year for seven more years.   Guys age out, and EK has aged out.  

He has not, he's 29...

• Cheers 1

11 minutes ago, redhdlois said:

So glad we never signed him.   Was never on board for that one.

You are wise Red.  I was all in on EK.  Boy that would have been a killer fir any chance if a successful rebuild.  The Sharks are stuck with EK who’s contract is way WAY worse than Loui’s.  They have seven more years of EK at 11 million per.  Is it the worst contract out there now?   Maybe goalie ?Bob is equally as bad? 

• Huggy Bear 2

7 minutes ago, Alflives said:

You are wise Red.  I was all in on EK.  Boy that would have been a killer fir any chance if a successful rebuild.  The Sharks are stuck with EK who’s contract is way WAY worse than Loui’s.  They have seven more years of EK at 11 million per.  Is it the worst contract out there now?   Maybe goalie ?Bob is equally as bad? 

That contract. OMG.  
He has peaked and is on his way down now.......and he only has 1.5 ankles :huh:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, redhdlois said:

That contract. OMG.  
He has peaked and is on his way down now.......and he only has 1.5 ankles :huh:

I saw Bobby Orr’s decline.  It was so fast.  He was great and then (no matter how much we wished for hi. To be great again) he was a shell of his former self.  EK is, like you say, on his way down. It’s going to be a very fast decline.  So happy it’s Sam Jose that is screwed though and not us.  

• Cheers 1

12 hours ago, canuck73_3 said:

62FBACBD-E00D-4CA3-9E68-7DEEEC02F546.jpeg

Lol this pic is from 2012, when he was making 1.3 AAV playing for a good Canadian team. 

It's 2020, he has 7 more years left after this season at 11.5 million AAV 

Erik Karlsson IS an overrated minus machine now. Sharks might even do better without him. 

• Like 1
  • Wat 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

6 minutes ago, apollo said:

Lol this pic is from 2012, when he was making 1.3 AAV playing for a good Canadian team. 

It's 2020, he has 7 more years left after this season at 11.5 million AAV 

Erik Karlsson IS an overrated minus machine now. Sharks might even do better without him. 

They would definitely be way better without him.  But they can’t move him and that contract.  His value is so negative it would cost the Sharks their first round pick fir the next 100 years to dump that guy.  Their team is doomed fir a decade, and that makes me (as a Canuck’s fan) lmao.  :lol:

• Haha 1

They would definitely be way better without him.  But they can’t move him and that contract.  His value is so negative it would cost the Sharks their first round pick fir the next 100 years to dump that guy.  Their team is doomed fir a decade, and that makes me (as a Canuck’s fan) lmao.  :lol:

You hit the nail on the head. No way he has any positive trade value.

I could get used to seeing all these 3 dumpster Cali teams occupying the last, 2nd last and 3rd last spots of the pacific division for the next decade! :P

• Cheers 1