The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Mafia] Star Wars: Revenge of the Mafia (Game Over)

Rate this topic

3 hours ago, Master Radishes said:

For once, I think this approach isn't a bad idea. After nailing NIK and SS, I suspect there's at least one scum in the low posters. The game state just feels like it.

Join me in voting Otis.

Definitely don’t join MR, my friend is a little confused right now :( 

3 hours ago, J-23 said:

Why tf would we vote Otis anyways..

Good point 

2 hours ago, Master Radishes said:

Because Intoews isn't scum and Otis is.

Neither of us are 

30 minutes ago, Master Radishes said:

Fracking TP are too strong again. @Otis let's just concede. No way we're going to win now.

They’ll probably let me slip through the cracks though tbh 

On 6/5/2020 at 3:54 PM, Sharpshooter said:

:lol:

Pretty sure MR is TP this round. Unless he’s coming out of the gate, double deep? 

On 6/5/2020 at 4:00 PM, Sharpshooter said:

I know. But, it’s also a bit of info and insight into how he’s deciding to kick things off. Would MR really go deep off the bat or based of the joke and the prior post of not receiving a pm, does his humour serve us to lean him as tp? I think it does somewhat. Agree with you that it’s just the start and further insight is required to satisfy that tp lean. But, it’s a tp lean for now for me. 

On 6/5/2020 at 4:05 PM, Sharpshooter said:

Jokes? Definitely. Pointing to himself being scum off the bat? Doubtful.

On 6/5/2020 at 4:10 PM, Sharpshooter said:

Defending my read on someone I pay attention to. 

On 6/5/2020 at 4:19 PM, Sharpshooter said:

2 posts.

1 prior to BJ’s posts and 1 post BJ’s post. They’re fit together nicely. First one seems to be a legit question, second one seems to be a joke based on what I read as his obvious joke. 

Ipso fatso, I think he’s tp. 

Now what’s the reason to tunnel? Because I haven’t clearly explained my read or because you’re trying to get in early as a tp candidate? 

SS defending his TP read of MR. Going back, he spends quite a bit of time on it, doesn't really talk about others, except his teammate NIK a little while later

On 6/6/2020 at 8:06 PM, Sharpshooter said:

I hope he can see just how dumb you are. If I’m wrong about NIK lynch me. 

On 6/6/2020 at 7:53 PM, Sharpshooter said:

First of all, there is no Sharpshooter1. This has been explained before. Don’t be a dumbass. 

Secondly, NIK  seems like maf to me. The biggest reason I have is that comparing his town game, last couple of games, he was way more carefree, jovial and having a good time. This game has been almost completely opposite. He’s way more defensive and replying in a butthurt manner that I have seen by him before. 

And that’s where I think he might be maf. It’s the appeal to emotion that’s sticking out about him most for me right now. 

And this little nugget stood out for me the most. Most of you either didn’t pick it up or didn’t mention it. When’s the last time NIK or anyone really has called LL, “Lucky”? I think it’s another appeal to emotion, specifically to LL. It’s the classic, let me address my friend by their first name to convince them that I’m not a threat, manoeuvre. 

I haven’t caught up to the rest of the thread but I will eventually tonight. 

This is the best of SS calling out NIK, tho he doesn't vote for NIK until after LL calls him out on it.

On 6/8/2020 at 11:46 AM, Sharpshooter said:

I was working late last night. Didn’t have the energy or desire to get into all the suicide, pedo anime, and other nonsensical convos after a late shift. 

And, I wouldn’t know what the morale in the scum PM is like. I’d suspect it’s quiet as I believe one or maybe two inactives could be maf. I think NIK was supposed the be the loud one and the inactives could/would sit back. Just my guess. 

If my read on MR from the get go and ascribing him a town lean(which he seems to still be to me), and my read on NIK on his appeals to emotion schtick and sticking by my vote on him for as long as I did doesn’t show that I’m once again town, then nothing will. MR stupidly pushed me as maf last game and I was town then too(terrible reads by him last game). So lynch me and show yourselves to be the dumb dumbs you are on the flip or investigate me. Either way is fine by me. I’m back to work in a couple of hours again.

This line in the 3rd paragraph...it doesn't sit well with me. 

On 6/8/2020 at 2:53 PM, Sharpshooter said:

Why did you jump off of NIK at the last moment? I’ve not seen you jump off like that at the last minute to vote for someone that no one thinks is maf. You could have easily jeopardized that vote if DM went back/stayed on his original vote and NIK came back to preserve vote himself. Doesn’t seem helpful to the town. 

Also, what would my motivation have been to not stick with NIK after elaborating my reasons for also reading him as off and scummy? Why would I bus NIK so early before N1? Also, had I changed my vote I would have been charged with not staying true to my own read and/or jumping ship to save him. So damned if I do and damned if I don’t? Does that make sense? 

20 hours ago, Sharpshooter said:

Falcon, and at least one super inactive.

I don't think scum is amongst the inactive. 

MR/Intoews are our best bet tonight. 

If we lynch me tonight, at least you'll all understand why I'm so perplexed at how that first nightfall went down. I blame that for throwing off all of my reads. Like, Sharpshooter could've easily swung the vote away from his teammate but just... didn't? Where were their other teammates? The three main wagons were wide open between W/T/T and somehow the wolf narrowly ends up hanging???

Did they take a look at their team of inactives and decide they were throwing in the towel on day one? Or are they bussing each other in the hopes that one of them comes out looking squeaky clean at the end? &^@# me, man.

Last part of my rant: Otis and MR are both probably good counter wagons for me; not sure which I prefer. MR being so sure of my towniness is actually really bizarre and almost reads like TMI, but it's also something I'd be surprised to see him do as scum. Otis would just be PoE on the inactives, which is fine given how many opportunities we have to mislynch.