The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Canucks @ Golden Knights -SUN AUG 23 7:30PM PACIFIC - NBCSN, CBC, SN, TVAS

Rate this topic

xereau

4 minutes ago, Lancaster said:

I'm just worried about fatigue with the Canucks as they have played a total of 10 games, whereas Vegas has played 1 game less and has had a few more days of rest.  

Markstrom and Edler would be on the top of my list of players to "manage".

On the other hand.... with lots of young guys on the team, they should be constantly fresh.  

If I was a Vegas fan I’d be worried about us.    Thankfully I’m not.   Feel that Vegas is just a recovery series ... as in when you work out what part of your work out is recovery.   Canucks in five. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Chicken. said:

Gonna be a great series. I went with Canucks in 7 so thinking we'll see some adversity and battle testing of the group

We'll come out strong I'm sure though from last game it looks like some guys are just getting warmed up ala jake & motter and even petey and the powerplay getting better and better the more games we play. witnessing progress and development of the prospects is awesome entertainment win or lose! 

yelling season 2 GIF by Outlander

Is that Edler in the front and QHs beside him?  Miller and JV on the left side of the screen? 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Lancaster said:

I'm just worried about fatigue with the Canucks as they have played a total of 10 games, whereas Vegas has played 1 game less and has had a few more days of rest.  

On the other hand.... with lots of young guys on the team, they should be constantly fresh.  

Its definitely a concern. TG loves to overplay his top guys. I was watching carefully in the 3rd period against STL hoping he'd sit Petterson and Hughes but it didn't happen.  Those 2 have been logging a ton of ice time. Yes, they're young, but playoffs are a long grind.  A war of attrition.  We all remember what happened to EP40 about 2/3rds of the way through his rookie season. He burned out due to playing too hard  night after night.  Hopefully he has learned to pace himself as this is going to be a grueling series against another hard hitting (and dirty) team.

21 minutes ago, Lancaster said:

0 travel, sky high levels of confidence. Barely played any OT hockey, months of rest leading up to this. Markstrom better not be tired at age 30 already, if so...dont sign the guy to a long expensive contract if he is bagged after 1 true round of playoff hockey.

Edler needs to play a bit less at times, he makes mistakes more when playing a ton. Benn has played well and the bottom pair should get some more ice time to help the top 4 D out.

Canucks are riding an all time high basically, team should want to get back out on the ice asap to continue playing.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

We would get completely run out of the building if this game were in Vegas. But it's not. So LFG Canucks!

This is the one to steal for sure with our momentum rolling. We've won 2 games since Knights played a game. Let's keep this train rolling!

4-3 Canucks in OT.

19 minutes ago, John.Tallhouse said:

“It Doesn't Feel Pity, Or Remorse, Or Fear, And It Absolutely Will Not Stop, Ever, Until You Are Dead!”

LE when the net was empty last night was so like watching they awful Christian Bale part of the Terminator franchise ... we need this when the net is empty going forward..Jon Heder Swagger GIF by 20th Century Fox Home Entertainmentblue steel GIF

• Haha 3

Just now, IBatch said:

LE when the net was empty last night was so like watching they awful Christian Bale part of the Terminator franchise ... we need this when the net is empty going forward..

I legitimately broke out laughing when he missed the empty netter. 

feel for the guy at this point :lol:

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, apollo said:

Jake the snake was absolutely flying last night. 

Jake is on a whole new level, so are many of our other players. 

It's a glorious time to be a Canucks fan. 

710228005_42596442_10156655626953703_2789153866556375040_n.jpg_nc_cat101_nc_sid2d5d41_nc_ohcN08qhoWcExQAX_4AaIB_nc_htscontent.fcxh2-1.jpg.26c90885358ed0e8e23be7204e32f4a9.jpg

Lol I love this , but why is jake sitting on jakes shoulder :frantic:should of been Binnington 

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, CptCanuck16 said:

Its definitely a concern. TG loves to overplay his top guys. I was watching carefully in the 3rd period against STL hoping he'd sit Petterson and Hughes but it didn't happen.  Those 2 have been logging a ton of ice time. Yes, they're young, but playoffs are a long grind.  A war of attrition.  We all remember what happened to EP40 about 2/3rds of the way through his rookie season. He burned out due to playing too hard  night after night.  Hopefully he has learned to pace himself as this is going to be a grueling series against another hard hitting (and dirty) team.

Most coaches do that but as far as some go Torts is the master.   Plus block shots, kill penalties etc darth vader GIF

• Cheers 1

Did everyone watch that absolutely legend troll video Mr. Booth put on Twitter just trashing Binner' and the Blues?

How about Greener last night?! He was on fire too.

&^@#ing rights boys that's a win now put the bleeping tunes on! - Travis Green

This team is having fun they are just taking it a day at a time trying to make the most of that bubble life. You love to see it.

It's been a fun ride so far. Too bad they can't enjoy the series win a bit more and are already having meetings today breaking down VGK and their forecheck and elite transition game speed.

• Like 1