The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Canucks @ Golden Knights -SUN AUG 23 7:30PM PACIFIC - NBCSN, CBC, SN, TVAS

Rate this topic

xereau

1 minute ago, Steamer4GM said:

Is it tomorrow yet?

Drop the &^@#ING PUCK!!!

Every second of this time is glorious.

The team is knuckling down and working on their game, while we get to bask in all this glory, huh?

Seriously, this feels so good, I want it to linger, our team finally got rewarded for everyone's hard work.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Goal:thecup said:

Every second of this time is glorious.

The team is knuckling down and working on their game, while we get to bask in all this glory, huh?

Seriously, this feels so good, I want it to linger, our team finally got rewarded for everyone's hard work.

Yeah I kinda don't like the quick turnaround.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

I'm pretty happy with the short turn-around to start the next series. Vegas has had several days off, while the Canucks are fired up from last night and ready to continue. Maybe the Nighty-nights come out a little sleepy and the Canucks score early and often. 

• Cheers 1

Vegas is very beatable 

all post season games we close ones, not a fantastic regular season, maybe some goalie controversy 

I really don’t think the Hawks game the. A huge fight yet most games were close 

we can’t idolize these guys. We can beat them and we have to believe in that and play to win 

vegas does not pile up a lot of shots for so the key is to take advantage of our shots and loch them down. 

1 hour ago, WHL rocks said:

Lol...

London Knights don't own the rights to Vegas Knights..

they own the trademark to a hockey team in Canada called the London Knights... They own the name Knights.

Just like you can't start a shoe company named Nike. There is already a shoe company named Nike. They have it trademarked and own the rights.. 

I get that, read again I was being a bit silly. I mentioned it in the response that I know it is about the 'Knights' part.

My point was that they are different leagues. But they are both hockey teams and on the same continent.

I guess that's why the Newcastle Knights rugby team can get away with it, different sport and country.

Edited by bishopshodan

28 minutes ago, ktcy2 said:

Honestly i don’t wanna see any of those oh I think canucks did great against the Blues but will probably lose to Vegas type, regardless it’s a good learning experience and exceeded expectations type objective bull crap. 

Canucks have Hughes, Pettersson and Markstrom. Probably three of the top 15 players in the league. Remember what Chicago did to us about 10 years ago? Yes, I see our current team somewhat similar to that hawks team with a young Kane, toews, Keith.

Honestly, Canucks in 5 or 6. stop trying to be objective. We are Canucks fans and we are here to win this. 

Yep and we have Patrick Kane on D instead, and they didn't have anyone close to Petey's skill set.

This is a special team, we are going to be spoiled in the coming years.

I voted Nucks in 6.

Edited by xereau
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

I get that, read again I was being a bit silly. I mentioned it in the response that I know it is about the 'Knights' part.

My point was that they are different leagues. But they are both hockey teams and on the same continent.

I guess that's why the Newcastle Knights rugby team can get away with it, different sport and country.

I'd say the different continent/country thing is why the Vegas Knights get to use the name,  as the Newcastle version has been around since 1988.

• Cheers 1

31 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

Doesn't matter about continents and countries.. US and Canada are different countries. London Knights have it trade marked in Canada not in US. It only matters if someone has already trademarked it in that country. Also Rugby and Ice hockey are different sports. So WPG Jets can use Jets in US even though there is a NFL team in US called NY Jets..

New Castle can use it because London Knights don't have the name Knights trade marked in England. Even then its different sport.

If Nike wasn't trade marked by Nike in Canada you could start a shoe company named Nike in Canada..

If you trade marked the name bishopshodan in Canada to start a business no one else can use it in Canada..  but they would be able to use it in US or England unless you trademark it in those countries as well.  

Edited by WHL rocks

4 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

Doesn't matter about continents and countries.. US and Canada are different countries. London Knights have it trade marked in Canada not in US. 

New Castle can use it because London Knights don't have the name Knights trade marked in England. 

If Nike wasn't trade marked by Nike in Canada you could start a shoe company named Nike in Canada..

If you trade marked the name bishopshodan in Canada to start a business no one else can use it in Canada..  but they would be able to use it in US or England unless you trademark it in those countries as well.  

I know, I getcha. I find it dumb as the word Knight is so used everywhere for a long time. I would have like the trademarks to have included city as well. For example if you just say I saw the Knights play, one wouldn't know what team you're talking about. Unlike Nike.

Newcastle Knights are Australian. 

14 hours ago, bishopshodan said:

I know, I getcha. I find it dumb as the word Knight is so used everywhere for a long time. I would have like the trademarks to have included city as well. For example if you just say I saw the Knights play, one wouldn't know what team you're talking about. Unlike Nike.

Newcastle Knights are Australian. 

Doesn't matter Australia England India....

City? If i own a coffee shop in burnaby named ABC coffee you own one in 2 blocks away in Vancouver with same name ?. 

That's not how it works...

Edited by WHL rocks
  • Wat 1