The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Dmitri Zlodeev | C

On 8/3/2021 at 10:22 AM, Googlie said:

Yeah - I went from 16th birthday to 18th birthday from 6'3" to 6'6" (then added almost 1/2" subsequently, to top out at 199 cms) so is certainly possible.  Weight seems to have similarly increased too, so is maybe correct.  Team fotos should show, as he is the tallest on the team per those stats.

I was 5'9 when I was 18. A few months later I was 6'3. It happens. 

• Cheers 1
  • Wat 1

44 minutes ago, BarnBurner said:

"Wtf Barnburner's a midget. He's too small. He gonna get crushed!" -

"Holy $&!#! We got a steal! Barnburner woulda been 1st round material had he been this tall in his draft year." :frantic:

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Dazzle said:

"Wtf Barnburner's a midget. He's too small. He gonna get crushed!" -

"Holy $&!#! We got a steal! Barnburner woulda been 1st round material had he been this tall in his draft year." :frantic:

It's actually true, as far as height is concerned. My friends couldn't believe the change. Again, it does happen. 

• Cheers 1

5 hours ago, BarnBurner said:

It's actually true, as far as height is concerned. My friends couldn't believe the change. Again, it does happen. 

spacer.png

6 hours ago, BarnBurner said:

I can relate. I was 5’9/5’10 when I graduated high school. I was 19 before I stopped growing. Not crazy super giant like you but I’m 6’0

• Cheers 1

On 8/5/2021 at 10:47 AM, higgyfan said:

I was searching to get an update on Z's height/weight, I found a few of comments by Craig Button.  He's not the kind of player I thought he was at all.

https://www.tsn.ca/dmitri-zlodeyev-centre-1.1472321

Craig Button's Analysis

"Four exceptional attributes; skating, puck skills, processing speed and imagination work in seamless coordination to make a big impact on the game."

Projection: Elite Offensive No. 1 Centre
Comparable: Patrick Kane/Steve Yzerman"

:towel:

As absurd as this projection is, we never had a prospect (outside of Pettersson) quite like this, if Zlod actually comes anywhere close to this potential.

Probably has already been posted, but this part from Scouching talks about Zlodeyev a short time after he was drafted. If the Craig Button projection is accurate, Zlod is a really exciting prospect to watch.

We also got Viktor Persson who had a very good IIHF tournament with Sweden, if I'm not mistaken. We have some really cool players to watch.

Chris Faber’s prospects update:

Dmitri Zlodeyev, 2020 6th Round Pick

In Russia, hockey never stops and that is the type of offseason that Dmitri Zlodeyev loves. He has been playing exhibition games against KHL teams as a part of Russia’s U20 team. Zlodeyev was used as a top-six centre for the team but also experienced some time as a bottom-six winger at times through the exhibition games.

He is going to be trying his hand to make the KHL out of camp with Dynamo but is ready to go to the VHL if it is needed. There are two big moments for Canucks fans to follow this season when it comes to Zlodeyev’s development. The first is obviously his play at the World Juniors, where he looks like a lock to be relied upon as a top centre for Russia. The second will be his KHL debut, the 19-year-old Zlodeyev was pushing for a KHL shot last season and suffered an illness just as he was set to make the jump to the KHL.

It’s going to be an exciting year for Zlodeyev and you should expect to hear his name come up a lot over the next eight months.

https://canucksarmy.com/2021/08/10/what-hearing-canucks-prospects-fabers-august-update/

18 hours ago, Captain Canuck #12 said:

Canucks centre prospect Dmitri Zlodeyev tells me that he has joined Dynamo Moscow’s training camp. He will battle for a KHL roster spot as a 19-year-old.

I don’t always like Faber’s takes, but have to respect his grind. Guy works hard. Has the contacts and actually builds up relationships with our young players, and he puts in more time than pretty much any other media guy watching game video of our prospects, both NA and overseas.

Edited by SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME
  • Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

I don’t always like Faber’s takes, but have to respect his grind. Guy works hard. Has the contacts and actually builds up relationships with our young players, and he puts in more time than pretty much any other media guy watching game video of our prospects, both NA and overseas.

So is Jasek old news and Zlodeyev is taking over his spot?  ;) 

Agreed on Faber, I really enjoy listening to their podcast Canucks Conversation. 

18 minutes ago, VancouverHabitant said:

So is Jasek old news and Zlodeyev is taking over his spot?  ;) 

Agreed on Faber, I really enjoy listening to their podcast Canucks Conversation. 

Jasek isn’t old news but he’s definitely becoming part of the old guard, when it comes to our prospects/system. I still think he’ll play NHL eventually, maybe as soon as 2022-23, and hopefully with us.

Zlodeyev has more of that shiny new toy feel, but he deserves most of the hype he’s getting. Lots of upside there. Hopefully he has an excellent season and takes another step in his development.

And yeah, I appreciate Faber and what he does, especially in creating content around our prospects and young players. I also listen to the podcast occasionally, although I wish they’d shorten or just eliminate the intro music and him and Quads would try to spend less time talking about what they just ate and comparing their go-to orders from McDonalds. But I suppose that’s what the skip 30s button is for.

• Cheers 1

• 4 weeks later...