The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDCGML 2020-21

canuck2xtreme

8 hours ago, greensman said:

@AndreLePlum @winterhawks @Sharpshooter @arby18_

Well I’m pretty high right now so I’m just gonna say it like it is... these past few days or expansion and entry draft have been both fun and heartwarming. 95% of the reason is because of you guys, the membership. (5% cause I’m awesome and am gonna kick some ass this season).

I feel so blessed to be back in the league, and I’m very proud of the team I’ve constructed this week. I know I love this game, and know you all do too. I’d like to say that above all of these factors, I’m most impressed by the above GM’s, who maintained the utmost in professionalism and maintained their course through adversity and bad news... even communicating and finding the fun in the game throughout.

You all may know already, but being that LA’s roster was fully exposed, I declined taking a 1st from their organization, as stealing Fiala was more than I expected expansion could provide. 

Effective immediately, the above remaining GM’s may reclaim their 1sts from my club, in exchange for 3rds. I would like your 2022 3rd, but if it’s currently gone, I will accept your 2023. 

@canuck2xtreme if you require full trade PM’s, I’m happy to send them, otherwise consider this post my club’s agreement. If the other GM’s would just also post their approval please. 

You may notice that I did not address Vegas, who currently has no GM, so I’m keepin that one... SUCK IT :lol:! (2022 VGK 1st please)

Lets have some fun!!! 

E6769581-E492-47B9-82C5-E9AEEEC3A0CB.gif

I gladly accept these terms! Andre

We managed to do a fair amount of business on draft day, and we're pretty happy with how it all shook out.

Draft Picks

18 - Matthew Coronato (RW) - Chicago (USHL)

50 - Evan Nause (D) - Quebec (QMJHL)

96 - Tristan Lennox (G) - Saginaw (OHL)

Trade

To LAK: Max Comtois (RFA) + Troy Stecher + Jake Leschyshyn + 96th Pick (Tristan Lennox)

To DET: Patrick Maroon + Craig Smith (50% retained)

Signings

Max Comtois (RFA) - Two-year deal worth $3.5m per season

Tanner Pearson (UFA) - Three-year deal worth $3.25m per season

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

Thrilled with my draft, unthrilled with being interred with TWICE by the same cheating GM, and yes it is cheating to apply psychological pressure to a guy you know has mental health issues: I am extremely offended by this. The league really needs to have some kind of penalty for fudging about with a guy while he is trying to do stuff on a timer, as it is truely TAMPERING at its finest, something the league promises in the CBA to "deal with strictly".  Honestly I am disturbed by the lack of official comment and I think a team doing this in the future should lose the pick entirely. It didn't happen to anyone else so don't tell me how i should feel or react. This was harrassing pressure to exert influence over a result. 

ON the upside the New York Rangers are very happy to welcome to our organization:

13th. Simon Edvinsson

45th. Zach Dean

62nd. Aleksi Malinen

63rd. Justin Robidas

111th. Vinny Iorio

123rd. Niko Huuhtanen

Welcome aboard chaps. 

Edited by Primal Optimist

20 minutes ago, Primal Optimist said:

Thrilled with my draft, unthrilled with being interred with TWICE by the same cheating GM, and yes it is cheating to apply psychological pressure to a guy you know has mental health issues: I am extremely offended by this. The league really needs to have some kind of penalty for fudging about with a guy while he is trying to do stuff on a timer, as it is truely TAMPERING at its finest, something the league promises in the CBA to "deal with strictly".  Honestly I am disturbed by the lack of official comment and I think a team doing this in the future should lose the pick entirely. It didn't happen to anyone else so don't tell me how i should feel or react. This was harrassing pressure to exert influence over a result. 

ON the upside the New York Rangers are very happy to welcome to our organization:

13th. Simon Edvinsson

45th. Zach Dean

62nd. Aleksi Malinen

63rd. Justin Robidas

111th. Vinny Iorio

123rd. Niko Huuhtanen

Welcome aboard chaps. 

This is unhinged.

4 minutes ago, theminister said:

If you're going to falsely accuse me of something I'm going to call it like I see it.

I made a mistake and you're assigning malicious intent.

Get bent.

you made a 'mistake' twice in the whole draft, but only during your picks that were within some minutes of my picks. I simply don't take your word on it, but my word is backed up by the actual thing you did: picking out of turn twice. i would tell you to get bent but your already crooked.

and then you double down by calling me unhinged. 

Edited by Primal Optimist

Just now, Primal Optimist said:

you made a 'mistake' twice in the whole draft, but only during your picks that were within some minutes of my picks. I simply don't take your word on it, but my word is backed up by the actual thing you did: picking out of turn twice. i would tell you to get bent but your already crooked.

I was drunk. I'm sorry if that screwed with your head.

But you're being an ass. And you're wrong.

31 minutes ago, Primal Optimist said:

Honestly I am disturbed by the lack of official comment

Do not confuse my lack of a response as a lack of action or response.  You were clearly not in the mood for a calm discussion, and I was too tired for the tirade.

We took steps last night, and will take further steps in the future.  But those do not need to be argued about here.

I don't even want to do this anymore

i am done. 

one year i offered millions more than another team for a player and didnt get him becuase "the other GM needed that player more"

and now i am somehow offending worse than you and the "no response was not a no response".

I will miss my team but not you guys.

I quit.

• Cheers 1

The last thing i am going to say is that you will find over time that you have less and less people willing and able to keep up and put up with the shenanigans. A closed loop of feedback will be the death of any system that requires 32 folks to play correctly. It is harder and harder to get people interested in doingg the work to make a keeper league work and you should really take a look at how you treat the folks who try. turnover sucks. I won't be back. Thank you to the nicer GM's who i enjoyed playing with, but tthis game has flaws so deeply instilled in its workings that I am simply done. Take care, don't message me tM, i don't want to hear whatever comes out of your mouth.

• Cheers 1

Just now, Primal Optimist said:

I don't even want to do this anymore

i am done. 

one year i offered millions more than another team for a player and didnt get him becuase "the other GM needed that player more"

and now i am somehow offending worse than you and the "no response was not a no response".

I will miss my team but not you guys.

I quit.

You may want to step back from the ledge and cool down a bit. 

• Like 1

In other news.. the New York Rangers franchise got the faller of the 2021 Entry Draft and just got insane value for that pick. A great situation for any GM running the Rangers. Let's hope cooler heads prevail - there is no need to have this conversation out publicly. 

It is what it is I suppose. When someone's had a few drinks and he's enjoying the draft mistakes can happen. There is no specific rule about punishment so you have to understand it's not something you can think of on the spot when your running the draft.

We had 10 other things on our minds including who to take for Vegas. One time sure it's whatever. A second time he got a warning and he did not repeat it. No need to lose your cool my man.

Wish you well. I find it silly you want to leave over that. But that decision lies solely in your hands.