Canucks Community

CDCGML 2020-21

canuck2xtreme

1 minute ago, ActionJax09 said:

In no particular order Vegas, Florida, Edmonton, Dallas, Pittsburgh

Thanks

denny hamlin smile GIF by NASCAR on NBC

Teamwork makes the dreamwork! 

I had a blast doing BPA selections with Curt for Vegas. We aimed for quite a few safe picks but we wanted to do the organization right. The team had wasted so many assets acquiring picks it would have made no sense to let the team lose all of its selections after a GM quits days before the entry draft. I'm happy you feel we did right by them.

• Huggy Bear 1

Did anyone have Isak Rosen as a primary target in the 20s? I know I grabbed him super early compared to conventional lists but I wasn't going to risk losing him. :lol:

Just curious if I was being overly paranoid? 

44 minutes ago, Rush17 said:

Did anyone have Isak Rosen as a primary target in the 20s? I know I grabbed him super early compared to conventional lists but I wasn't going to risk losing him. :lol:

All I know is that you coulda had the guy at 16, at 19. <_<

:bigblush:

Edited by Sharpshooter
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Sharpshooter said:

@canuck2xtreme, respectfully request you give PO a bit of a breather. He’s certainly someone who deserves our patience and support as a long-standing GM who has been an exemplary GM. $&!# happens, we say things and we’ll get through it. 

Cheers boys. 

Have to agree. When I backed out mid season PO was the guy that rried real hard to keep me from leaving. Hes a really good guy, and think he got a little crabby over those early picks :bigblush:

Hope he comes back!

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Rush17 said:

I had him 17 FWIW

1 minute ago, Devron44 said:

Picking at 7, Guenther not getting selected before me kinda threw a wrench at things. I thought maybe Hughes or Clark would fall. Nope.

Happy with my pick though

I like Svech. Button said his new ranking that is coming out tomorrow.. he has Svech as the 6th best prospect on his personal list. 

You did well Devron imo. I really liked a few of your choices. Oskar, Allan, and Bar were nice gets.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Devron44 said:

I thought maybe Hughes or Clark would fall

The Office Lol GIF

I was SERIOUSLY considering taking Clarke at 3 over Hughes.. But Hughes was my #1 target all year, even attempting to trade up and get him at 1 just incase. If it wasn't for Clarke, chances are I would have paid the hefty price to move uo from 3 to 1

• Vintage 1

5 minutes ago, Rush17 said:

I like Svech. Button said his new ranking that is coming out tomorrow.. he has Svech as the 6th best prospect on his personal list. 

You did well Devron imo. I really liked a few of your choices. Oskar, Allan, and Bar were nice gets.

You just get a gut feeling for a guy sometimes. Right or Wrong there was a couple guys I felt the opposite about it. I didn’t have them on my list and they would have be taken around where I was picking any way.

Funny how it works for some guys their guy gets picked just before them. For me I just breezed through my picks after the first one. 

6 minutes ago, Crabby said:

The Office Lol GIF

I was SERIOUSLY considering taking Clarke at 3 over Hughes.. But Hughes was my #1 target all year, even attempting to trade up and get him at 1 just incase. If it wasn't for Clarke, chances are I would have paid the hefty price to move uo from 3 to 1

It was a toss up for me as well. I would have taken either of them. I don’t really see Power ahead of them by much either. You could almost group the top 10 in together. Not much separates them imo. Be really interesting to see what a re-draft will look like in a few years 

• Like 1