The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

3 hours ago, I.Am.Ironman said:

From what I've read, the natural immunity isn't as long lasting as the vaccine immunity. The vaccines also lose effectiveness over time though. There have been many reported cases of people getting covid twice which would indicate that natural immunity is still not sufficient to prevent additional infections.

I hope not. How could it be less than 35% effective in 10 weeks as is reported with the booster. I just saw three doctors agree natural immunity is by far preferred, it protects against the whole virus instead of one specific aspect of it. Our own experience with the Canucks bears this out I think, with the new guys who didn't get hit last year being the main guys who are getting it now.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Gatzkek said:

I hope not. How could it be less than 35% effective in 10 weeks as is reported with the booster. I just saw three doctors agree natural immunity is by far preferred, it protects against the whole virus instead of one specific aspect of it. Our own experience with the Canucks bears this out I think, with the new guys who didn't get hit last year being the main guys who are getting it now.

“I just saw three doctors agree ...”

Now that’s evidence.  :lol:

Get vaccinated.  

A new analysis out of the CDC shows just how extremely effective COVID-19 vaccines are against COVID-19 associated hospitalization and death. Among 1,228,664 fully vaccinated individuals across the United States, 185 (0.015%) had severe illness and 36 (0.0033%) died.”

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

“I just saw three doctors agree ...”

Now that’s evidence.  :lol:

Get vaccinated.  

A new analysis out of the CDC shows just how extremely effective COVID-19 vaccines are against COVID-19 associated hospitalization and death. Among 1,228,664 fully vaccinated individuals across the United States, 185 (0.015%) had severe illness and 36 (0.0033%) died.”

Shouldn’t that be enough evidence to cut out this lockdown/restrictions BS?  
Keep the passport and let us get back to normal.  
If you are vaccinated, the only thing holding you back now is the government. 

• Like 1

Just now, D.B Cooper said:

Shouldn’t that be enough evidence to cut out this lockdown/restrictions BS?  
Keep the passport and let us get back to normal.  
If you are vaccinated, the only thing holding you back now is the government. 

For the vaccinated, yes.  There is still a large number of adult antivaxxers that are filling hospital beds, especially the ICU.  If these persons got vaccinated then we could move on.  

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, Alflives said:

For the vaccinated, yes.  There is still a large number of adult antivaxxers that are filling hospital beds, especially the ICU.  If these persons got vaccinated then we could move on.  

They aren’t going too. 
I don’t know why this is even talked about.  
There is always going to be a small chunk who can’t, and another a small chunk who won’t.  
It’s always going to be there.  
We can’t keep catering to the minority. 

100 people going to the pool

5 can’t swim

3 are just there to pee in the pool. 
Do we shut down the pool?   
No.  You teach the 5 to swim, or get them a comfy chair and you tell the 3 pool pissers to go play in traffic.  

We need to find another way.  
We need to take better care and provide for the vulnerable, IMPROVE HEATHCARE, and realize there are always going to be a couple people trying to piss in our pool.  Always going have them. 100%.  

Edited by D.B Cooper
  • Vintage 1

8 minutes ago, D.B Cooper said:

They aren’t going too. 
There is always going to be a small chunk who can’t, and another a small chunk who won’t.  

5 can’t swim

No.  You teach the 5 to swim, or get them a comfy chair and you tell the 3 pool pissers to go play in traffic.  

We need to take better care and provide for the vulnerable, IMPROVE HEATHCARE, and realize there are always going to be a couple people trying to piss in our pool.  Always going have them. 100%.  

Then those adults who refuse vaccination don’t get medical care for Covid.  Do this and we can end restrictions.  But these cowards keep running to the hospitals for medical care for Covid.  

Edited by Alflives
  • Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, D.B Cooper said:

They aren’t going too. 

5 can’t swim

100 people get into a car, 100 people put their seat belts on, see, it does work. In fact, it's just that easy!

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

29 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Then those adults who refuse vaccination don’t get medical care for Covid.  Do this and we can end restrictions.  

That’s bullpooh and we both know it.  
That’s the same as refusing treatment for when you get drunk and crash your scooter.  
We all pay into the system, we all get treatment.    
We all also get the right to choose what we put in our bodies.

The government shouldn’t get that choice.  
They have proven time after time again they are incompetent. Libs, Cons, NDP, etc….. they are all incompetent. 

At this point is gross people think the government can use the vaccine as a cop out instead of improving our healthcare system from the ground up. 
More hospitals, more training, major incentives for doing the training, better wages.  
Instead of real solutions they keep trying to force a group of people to do what they obviously don’t want to do.   
And where are we now??  Same stupid spot we were 2 years ago, except everybody hates each other now.  Hahahahah

Its disgusting.  

Edited by D.B Cooper

2 minutes ago, johngould21 said:

100 people get into a car, 100 people put their seat belts on, see, it does work. In fact, it's just that easy!

First, are they forcing you to inject that seatbelt into your body?   
Second, no cars can hold 100 people.  
The closest thing would be a bus.

And guess what…. Buses don’t have seatbelts!

• Wat 3

12 hours ago, Bure_of_94 said:

No worries. Thank you. I like more reasonable level headed discussion rather than either side condescending and calling eachother names or the general passive aggressive digs we’ve seen society reduced to these last few years. I dropped out of pharmacy after my second practicum and 2nd year of schooling. And I think there is very good chemists and biologists working for these companies. A couple of things that surprised me out of the vaccines is that Merck or Bayer didn’t get involved in a big way as both were very reputable for many years. In fact Merck made the commonly used manuals used in school and in pharmacies. 

I think it was more a matter of Pfizer and Moderna having an easier time scaling up than anything else. 

I think whats also interesting about the case you posted is its an example of the system working. The US FDA did catch them and man did they get slapped hard. 

Companies do try shady things all the time, but thats why we have the FDA, Health Canada, etc. I don't know if you've been following the Elisabeth Holmes trial at all, but thats another great example of the US FDA doing its job. She tried to fake outcomes for a blood testing device and was never able to get it past the FDA and bilked investors out of billions. 

• Cheers 2

10 hours ago, gizmo2337 said:

Do you have a beef with twitter in general? There are a lot of good sources of information there on covid19. Do you believe all twitter sources for covid19 are BS?
Even for hockey we respect the proper sources with blue checkmarks. With a further look, it usually isn't hard to tell what is legit or not.

Its a terrible platform for disseminating info. It lends itself to sensationalism and ranting, like the chemist you seem to approve of. I think it shows he's an unprofessional person based on what you've posted from him.

• Cheers 3

10 hours ago, Gatzkek said:

My one unvaccinated son got covid from his booster loaded in laws at Xmas dinner. They did rapid tests after dinner and found themselves testing positive. Smart. I imagine they did before as well and were negative I hope. No one could be that dumb.

sorry to hear that. I hope he's OK.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

27 minutes ago, D.B Cooper said:

That’s the same as refusing treatment for when you get drunk and crash your scooter.  

They have proven time after time again they are incompetent. Libs, Cons, NDP, etc….. they are all incompetent. 

At this point is gross people think the government can use the vaccine as a cop out instead of improving our healthcare system from the ground up. 
More hospitals, more training, major incentives for doing the training, better wages.  
Instead of real solutions they keep trying to force a group of people to do what they obviously don’t want to do.   
And where are we now??  Same stupid spot we were 2 years ago, except everybody hates each other now.  Hahahahah

Its disgusting.  

Why are adult antivaxxers such cowards?  They refuse safe, effective, and free vaccines but then (when they get sick from Covid) run to the hospital?  Why so cowardly?  

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 2

35 minutes ago, D.B Cooper said:

Its disgusting.  

I totally agree we need to re-tool how we deliver care. But thats not going to happen quickly, and we can't re-invent the past. We are here now, with the system we have.

A small number of people are causing a lot of harm. Why is that OK? 

Do you really think universal healthcare should mean a very small number of people should be able to hurt others? surgical delays are no joke, there's a lot of suffering happening there and its not necessary. 

Edited by JM_
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 2

30 minutes ago, JM_ said:

Its a terrible platform for disseminating info. It lends itself to sensationalism and ranting, like the chemist you seem to approve of. I think it shows he's an unprofessional person based on what you've posted from him.

https://www.cheknews.ca/doctor-pushes-back-on-bonnie-henrys-claims-schools-are-not-a-major-source-of-transmission-933513/
Unprofessional or just openly critical?

"But Jose-Luis Jimenez, a professor of chemistry at the University of Colorado-Boulder and an expert in aerosol transmission, said Henry is wrong when it comes to transmission in school.

“It’s absurd, of course, there is lots of transmission in school,” he said.

Jimenez, who has been openly critical of Henry on social media in recent weeks, explained that COVID-19 is an airborne virus that is strongly affected by mitigations such as vaccination, quality and fit of masks, ventilation, filtration, duration, number of people, size of the classroom among other things. He also said schools are really no different than other public places.

“There is nothing magical about schools. You get airborne transmission,” he said."

Just now, gizmo2337 said:

https://www.cheknews.ca/doctor-pushes-back-on-bonnie-henrys-claims-schools-are-not-a-major-source-of-transmission-933513/
Unprofessional or just openly critical?

"But Jose-Luis Jimenez, a professor of chemistry at the University of Colorado-Boulder and an expert in aerosol transmission, said Henry is wrong when it comes to transmission in school.

“It’s absurd, of course, there is lots of transmission in school,” he said.

Jimenez, who has been openly critical of Henry on social media in recent weeks, explained that COVID-19 is an airborne virus that is strongly affected by mitigations such as vaccination, quality and fit of masks, ventilation, filtration, duration, number of people, size of the classroom among other things. He also said schools are really no different than other public places.

“There is nothing magical about schools. You get airborne transmission,” he said."

why would I take this guys advice, who's sitting in Colorado, over our on-the-ground experts?

• Cheers 2

1 hour ago, D.B Cooper said:

First, are they forcing you to inject that seatbelt into your body?   
Second, no cars can hold 100 people.  
The closest thing would be a bus.

And guess what…. Buses don’t have seatbelts!

Ok, how about 100 people get into 100 cars, and all those people fasten their seatbelts, its a mandated law and has been for decades. Some folks bitched and complained about that for months on end, like they're now doing with a life saving vaccine. Is that better?

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

44 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Why are adult antivaxxers such cowards?  They refuse safe, effective, and free vaccines but then (when they get sick from Covid) run to the hospital?  Why so cowardly?  

Sorry Alf, but I’m not going to continues with you in this thread.
This schtick is fine with hockey, but it seems you can’t have an adult conversation.  

• Cheers 1
  • RoughGame 1

Just now, D.B Cooper said:

This schtick is fine with hockey, but it seems you can’t have an adult conversation.  

Says the guy who felt compelled to assume that I would put 100 people into a car. Adult conversations, right?

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, D.B Cooper said:

Help end restrictions.  Get vaccinated, or stay away from our hospitals.  Then we can move on.  

• Cheers 1