The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

4 hours ago, Industrious1 said:

I believe the Chinese have something called the social credit system.

You should check that out if you are a fan.  

Well, I read an outline of it.

Really, what it does or it's intention is to have people and buisness  behave better, and hold their associates accountable..........imagine that, don't hang around with bad people!

Now, I totally think it goes too far.............but, how is it bad if a person parks in your spot, and gets punished for it. This way, they learn to be better people..............

How does this relate to Covid?

Well, IMO, I wonder why I should be held back by anti-vaxxers, in not getting my shots  sooner, when they do not give a damn whether I live or die?

The idea of a "social credit system" looks good from the outside, and rewards good behavior! Imagine that rewards you get for being a good person!

Now, I do not trust government that much, but make a list of things in your life where other people affect it negatively, wouldn't it be nice if people actually worked together?

Aka...........pulled on the same rope in the same direction? For the betterment of all.................isn't that is what society strives for...............

12 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

only 15% of all new cases are unvaccinated.  But they still make up over 60% of all hospitalizations.  What's that look like?

image.thumb.png.8f564684722e35dc463aa01ee3d16a44.png

lit looks like a good argument for mandates 

Edited by JM_
  • Cheers 2

6 minutes ago, J.I.A.H.N said:

Well, I read an outline of it.

Really, what it does or it's intention is to have people and buisness  behave better, and hold their associates accountable..........imagine that, don't hang around with bad people!

Now, I totally think it goes too far.............but, how is it bad if a person parks in your spot, and gets punished for it. This way, they learn to be better people..............

How does this relate to Covid?

Well, IMO, I wonder why I should be held back by anti-vaxxers, in not getting my shots  sooner, when they do not give a damn whether I live or die?

The idea of a "social credit system" looks good from the outside, and rewards good behavior! Imagine that rewards you get for being a good person!

Now, I do not trust government that much, but make a list of things in your life where other people affect it negatively, wouldn't it be nice if people actually worked together?

Aka...........pulled on the same rope in the same direction? For the betterment of all.................isn't that is what society strives for...............

Careful Chairman Jan. Don't you know people are entitled to their entitlements? even when it means delaying your care. 

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, JM_ said:

lit looks like a good argument for mandates 

I still vehemently disagree with stripping the rights to body autonomy from people.  That will never change no matter how pro vaccine I am.

I REFUSE to be lumped in to the same category as anti abortion idiots and the hyper religious who believe women don't have a place outside of the home or that people of certain skin colour or orientation aren't equal based on how they look or who they love.

The moment we start stripping rights of that nature from people is the moment THOSE people have won their argument and I just refuse to accept that.

Maybe more restrictions, specific areas of commerce/health/education or something of that nautre but stripping their right to govern their bodies is a mandate to far

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Just now, JM_ said:

Careful Chairman Jan. Don't you know people are entitled to their entitlements? even when it means delaying your care. 

You know Jim, after posting my last post, I started thinking Democratic society has alot of the same rules, it is just that alot of them have eroded...........

12 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

I still vehemently disagree with stripping the rights to body autonomy from people.  That will never change no matter how pro vaccine I am.

I REFUSE to be lumped in to the same category as anti abortion idiots and the hyper religious who believe women don't have a place outside of the home or that people of certain skin colour or orientation aren't equal based on how they look or who they love.

The moment we start stripping rights of that nature from people is the moment THOSE people have won their argument and I just refuse to accept that.

Maybe more restrictions, specific areas of commerce/health/education or something of that nautre but stripping their right to govern their bodies is a mandate to far

I don't believe a mandate has to be designed to do that. I'm all for governing your own choices. But that can't become a consequence for someone else, that has to be the line doesn't it?

Anti-vax is the pinnacle of entitlement. They know they will get their asses saved, if they had doubts I suspect we'd see many more of them get the shot.

What I want to see is a system where yes, you're allowed to refuse vaccination. But that comes with the knowledge that you may not receive treatment if a serious case like cancer treatment needs the bed.

So for the anti-vaxxers they'd have to live with a potential consequence of their choice, but another person would not. 

Edited by JM_
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2

11 minutes ago, J.I.A.H.N said:

You know Jim, after posting my last post, I started thinking Democratic society has alot of the same rules, it is just that alot of them have eroded...........

too many people have become entitled. Its not about greater good, its about me and mine. 

• Cheers 4

3 minutes ago, JM_ said:

I don't believe a mandate has to be designed to do that. I'm all for governing your own choices. But that can't become a consequence for someone else, that has to be the line doesn't it?

Anti-vax is the pinnacle of entitlement. They know they will get their asses saved, if they had doubts I suspect we'd see many more of them get the shot.

What I want to see is a system where yes, you're allowed to refuse vaccination. But that comes with the knowledge that you may not receive treatment if a serious case like cancer treatment needs the bed.

So for the anti-vaxxers they'd have to live with a potential consequence of their choice, but another person would not. 

See I am ok with that.

Our federal health minister suggesting it will become mandatory to have this is what is feeding my statement.  I would be ok with people voluntarily waiving the right to medical care should they contract covid at the refusal of a preventable vaccine.  But I can not accept the idea of mandated injections "or else" which is how his comments read

• Vintage 1

3 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

See I am ok with that.

Our federal health minister suggesting it will become mandatory to have this is what is feeding my statement.  I would be ok with people voluntarily waiving the right to medical care should they contract covid at the refusal of a preventable vaccine.  But I can not accept the idea of mandated injections "or else" which is how his comments read

I think thats the way the con's will spin it, even if its not worded that way. 

• Vintage 1

1 minute ago, Warhippy said:

See I am ok with that.

But here is the rub, I am having difficulty with......

An anti-vaxxer gets covid then pushes a small child out of surgery, because he was too selfish to get vaccinated (it does not have to be a child, it could be anyone)

No, if they want to wave their right to vaccine, they should be waving their right to health care for that illness................

Sorry! They do not get it both ways!

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2

2 minutes ago, J.I.A.H.N said:

An anti-vaxxer gets covid then pushes a small child out of surgery, because he was too selfish to get vaccinated (it does not have to be a child, it could be anyone)

No, if they want to wave their right to vaccine, they should be waving their right to health care for that illness................

we can treat them if we have room left once others in need are looked after. 

• Vintage 2

2 minutes ago, JM_ said:

I think thats the way the con's will spin it, even if its not worded that way. 

He spoke very poorly.

he kept suggesting thats what the provinces wante,d that's where the provinces were leaning and he'd have further talks with them.

But the majority, overhwleming majority of our provinces are conservative run and there's ZERO chance they'd mandate that at the provincial level.  He may have dug himself an ugly hole with that statement

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 2

1 minute ago, JM_ said:

we can treat them if we have room left once others in need are looked after. 

Yes, then when I come in later.................sorry! No room! Get in line! That is what is happening now Jim......

No, sorry all or nothing for me! There are consequences...........your choice, but decide up front, and do it now 

• Vintage 1

18 minutes ago, J.I.A.H.N said:

Yes, then when I come in later.................sorry! No room! Get in line! That is what is happening now Jim......

No, sorry all or nothing for me! There are consequences...........your choice, but decide up front, and do it now 

This from Global News BC last night. Note that this little girl has already lost one kidney to this disease. Her “non-urgent” surgery has been cancelled.

Please don’t anyone try to tell me that an anti-vaxxer is more important.

https://globalnews.ca/news/8502090/bc-girl-surgery-delayed-pandemic/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

29 minutes ago, J.I.A.H.N said:

Sounds like a policy problem more than anything.

I fully agree that something like covid should not push anyone out of anything.  As a cancer survivor, my heart goes out to all the people that have had their surgeries bumped for something that only the most extreme cases of should ever see the inside of a hospital for.  

Hyper-focus on covid and corresponding policies has created this gap and changing said policies will be the only way out of it.  That is up to the government and whatever dozen or so highly paid boards oversee this sort of thing.   Where I live I'm in the hospital every couple months for my tests & maintenance and luckily I have not conversed with any nurses/oncologists  who have told me this has happened here to their knowledge (observation bias, certainly).  So in that way we have been much luckier than some area's but it is not the sort of thing you want to bet on if your life is at stake.  

• Cheers 1

30 minutes ago, J.I.A.H.N said:

I hear you.

Its just so weird, the same folks that will lose their minds over being asked to use a pronoun are OK with people waiting for surgery. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

28 minutes ago, JM_ said:

I hear you.

Its just so weird, the same folks that will lose their minds over being asked to use a pronoun are OK with people waiting for surgery. 

Yes and to boot.anti-vaxxers will take the anti-viral drugs from merek and Pfiser, when available.....................MARK MY WORDS!

• Vintage 1