The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2020/21 CDC Puck League

Master Mind

On 7/31/2021 at 10:44 AM, thejazz97 said:

small.png Sam Lafferty - 2 years, $1.325*

* - Nic Hague (Detroit) and Sam Lafferty (New York Islanders) are RFA offer sheets. @Salter has already matched. Lafferty's contract requires no compensation. @Nail has a week (August 7, 2021 at 11:45 AM) to match. 

Match

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

On 8/3/2021 at 10:26 AM, thejazz97 said:

small.png Anthony Cirelli - 5 years, $5.25m*

Anthony Cirelli (NY Islanders) is an RFA offer sheet. @Nail has one week to match (August 10, 2021 at 10:30 AM). If the Islanders do not match, they will receive a 1st Round Pick and a 3rd Round Pick, both in 2022.

Match.

Happy to have Anthony locked up long-term at a price below his original ask.

• Cheers 1

Vegas is looking to move a few depth guys for picks. Forwards Jankowski, Heinen, and Gregor could potentially be moved. For defensemen, Lyubushkin and van Riemsdyk are options. 

We are also still looking for a top line impact C or RW, an impact D, and potentially a starting goalie as well. Some roster players, picks, prospects could be on the table to acquire these types of players.

To put it in perspective, Hartman, Lucic, Perry, and Jankowski were all in Vegas middle 6 lines when I took over. Blais and Hoglander were on my 1st line. Lyubushkin and van Riemsdyk were on our 2nd and 3rd pairing respectively.

The previous GM left me an enviable prospect pool and cap space to really upgrade quickly.

Edited by wallstreetamigo

17 hours ago, Master Mind said:

TRADE.png.e58eb5f7cd5878252f8414498781dc5c.png

small.png  To NYI: Thomas Harley, Thomas Bordeleau, VGK 2023 1st, VGK 2023 3rd*

small.png  To VGK: Devon Toews, Zach Hyman

*VGK 2023 3rd becomes VGK 2023 2nd if VGK makes the CDC Puck Playoffs in 2022-23*

Didn’t want to move Devon and Zach, but we understand we’re already in a cap predicament and it was only going to get worse next season with both these players as pending UFAs. Figured if we moved them now we could get more than if we waited and used them as trade deadline rentals, so pulled the trigger before the season started.

The mini retool continues on Long Island, we currently have two 1sts in 2022 and three 1sts in 2023. Lots of pieces have moved on from last year and we are also considering Brad Marchand, Patrice Bergeron, and Jake Guentzel.

Interested parties should feel free to message me on Discord.

• Cheers 2

LA KINGS Press Release:

Focusing on the Kings lack of Defensive Depth when I took over in March, we have just completed our 14th trade of my tenure as GM. I didn't intend to be quite so active on the trade front, and truthfully there is maybe one or two more moves we are looking to make before the season starts. OUr latest deal brings in two Dmen and some picks for the cost of one, and while there is a lot more nuance to it than that, I feel the club now has the depth we required but did not have when i took over. Of the Dmen listed below, the ones in BOLD/ITALICS have been added by me(Grey via signing Black via trade, yellow via draft), the regular font guys were here when i got here and any crossed out have as of now been moved out of our system.  Losses you will see I shipped out 2, plus another two I brought in and moved out. For additions, we added 12 defenders, netting us 8 more than we had in March when i arrived. Hopefully this shores up the D depth for a year or two. I only expect to make minor tweaks now on D. Another August day I will have a look at my forward group. Thanks for reading! Paint it BLACK ((go raiders go!!)

Current:

John Carlson

Alec Martinez (UFA signing this summer)

Erik Karlsson (added via trade)

Connor Murphy (UFA signing this summer)

Jamie Oleksiak

Ethan Bear

Brendan Smith (added via trade)

Philip Broberg (added via trade)

Julius Honka (added via trade)

Jacob MacDonald (1st official signing of my tenure)

Libor Hajek (added via trade)

Denis Smirnov

Cam Dineen

Ty Emberson (early May UFA signing)

Benjamin Mirageas

Christoffer Sedoff

Ville Ottavainen (2021 Draft)

Isaac Belliveau (2021 Draft)

Oscar Plandowski (2021 Draft)

Out: 

Mark Giordano (traded out)

Miko Lehtonen (traded in and then out)

Travis Hamonic (traded in and then out)

Ryan Pulock (traded out)

EDIT: I felt i should add in the fact we were up against the cap with almost no depth anywhere, to help explain why great talent was taken to the airport. We now have depth AND cap space and got further than the 1st round this past season. I hope to at least replicate a 2nd round appearance this year and who knows...maybe beat theJazz?

Edited by Primal Optimist
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Master Mind said:

small.png  To LAK: Erik Karlsson (50% ret. in 2022/23 + 2023/24), Philip Broberg, 2023 WPG 1st, 2022 WPG 4th

small.png  To WPG: Ryan Pulock

The LA Kings would like to thank Ryan for all of his service here in this great Pacific Coast barn. It is always tough to lose a key piece of the success we have enjoyed, and it is always risky when that player is likely to go deep in the next years playoffs, thus the value Ryan has shown in this deal. Fortunately, we are thrilled to have landed Erik Karlsson to replace him on the roster along with prospect Philip Broberg to extend the awesome blueline value out over another full career. The picks were the catalyst that made this a deal too good to refuse. Thank you Winnipeg, and GM Art Vandelay for being willing to import and export some talent and assets. It is helpful that Ryan is moving out of the Pacific Division, although it may be tough to face him in a potential third round matchup at some point in the future, but we are happy to cross that bridge when we come to it.

Cheers all and happy summer!

• Like 2
  • Cheers 2

SIGNINGS.png.7b21f96d14dbbab7ad1365f309c462c8.png

small.png Jackson Cates - 2 years, $750k

small.png Odeen Tufto - 2 years, $850,000
small.png Collin Adams - 2 years, $850,000
small.png Alex Steeves - 2 years, $850,000
small.png Bobby Trivigno - 2 years, $850,000
small.png Nicklaus Perbix - 2 years, $850,000

small.png Mario Ferraro - 3 years, $3.775m

small.png Damien Giroux - 2 years, $850k 

small.png Jake Christensen - 2 years, $850k 

small.png Brady Lyle - 2 years, $850k 

small.png Hunter Drew - 2 years, $850k 

small.png Jacob Moverare - 2 years, $850k 

small.png Josiah Slavin - 2 years, $850k 

small.png Bryce Kindopp - 2 years, $850k 

small.png Henry Bowlby - 2 years, $850k 

small.png Alex Limoges - 2 years, $850k 

small.png Alex D'Orio - 2 years, $850k

• Cheers 3

Art feels we've officially ended all trade talks. so far, we made 4 deals (3 were very significant). Moved out almost all of our picks and a few of our prospects. Drafted a guy at 23 OA we thought could be a top 10 pick based on his playstyle. Signed our #1 goalie long term. And most importantly had a lot of fun doing it. 

We did our best to put our team in a position to win next season. All or nothing, The last dance, Puck cup or bust...etc.

This is gonna be Winnipeg's time. Time to taste the fruits and let the juices drip down my chin. I proclaim this : The Summer of Art!!

And here is the final roster

Joel Farabee - Mat Barzal - Victor Arvidsson

JVR - Ryan Nugent-Hopkins - Timo Meier

Tito Beauvillier - Josh Norris - Jeff Carter

Pat Maroon - Barclay Goodrow - Ondrej Kase

Paul Byron, Morgan Geekie

Keith Yandle - Brent Burns

Jeremy Lauzon - Ryan Pulock

Brayden McNabb - Lloyd Braun

Mikey Anderson

Carter Hart

David Rittich

Art can say he is thoroughly happy with this roster. Rebuild complete. From top line center Jeri Lehtera, to $43M worth of retention in one season, to refusing to trade fatboy Dotchin, to hawks legend Cam Ward being the started for 2 years, to trading brady Tkachuk for the pettiest of reasons... it has been a fun journey!

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Haha 1