The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

7-11 in Ontario to seek on-site liquor sales

ImConfused

Booze  

19 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Is this actually legit?! And which 7-11s are getting the okay? Our 7-11 used to be the go to after club/bar spot. Get those drunk munchies. Spend an hour trying to buy a hotdog and nachos. Cops probably spend most of their time dealing with the addicts at that joint. Seems like the oddest place to sell and be able to consume in. (Well not the sell part. More places should be able to sell) 

P.S. I'm in Ontario. Is it as sketchy at 7-11 out west like it is here?

• Upvote 1

On 2/19/2021 at 12:29 AM, TNucks1 said:

by decriminalized do you mean, like pharmasave or like a dispensary was available or not getting arrested with X amount of w.e drug.

Sorry it took so long to reply. I needed a break from the forums. lol

I mean not getting arrested with X amount of a drug. It's a lot easier to treat people with drug addictions if they aren't under threat of getting arrested and I think our laws have proven that laws don't stop people from taking drugs, otherwise we wouldn't have this conversation in the first place. lol

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, The Lock said:

Sorry it took so long to reply. I needed a break from the forums. lol

I mean not getting arrested with X amount of a drug. It's a lot easier to treat people with drug addictions if they aren't under threat of getting arrested and I think our laws have proven that laws don't stop people from taking drugs, otherwise we wouldn't have this conversation in the first place. lol

i thought BC did decriminalize some drugs?, maybe im just thinking of when they decriminalized weed before making it legal.

2 minutes ago, TNucks1 said:

i thought BC did decriminalize some drugs?, maybe im just thinking of when they decriminalized weed before making it legal.

I've heard there's proposals for all drugs, but I think it was just marijuana only so far. I could be mistaken though.

Edited by The Lock

On 2/18/2021 at 2:34 PM, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

I’m good with it. But I also think you should be able to sell alcohol just about anywhere and you should be able to drink in public and carry open containers around.

(And I don’t even really drink. At least not anymore, as it doesn’t agree with my meds. But I’ve always thought the liquor laws in Canada were pretty ridiculous.)

Oh man they tried to open it up in some parks in the Fraser Valley and people were like "omg we are going to have drunks all around kids in the parks its going to be awful and make us look like trash"

Wait what?  It would be like drinking a beer instead of a coffee as you watched your kids play in the park, I highly doubt this is going to have the average person suddenly get plastered at the parks, the ones who would get plastered are already plastered lol.

On 2/18/2021 at 3:03 PM, bishopshodan said:

You guys remember the idea we would get liquor in grocery stores etc... here in BC?

In short it was all a play brought to you by Jimmy Pattison. He met privately with Crusty Clark. She had the Yap report pushed out ( poll of 500 BC'rs). People got stoked thinking they will be able to buy booze from the corner stores like in Europe. 

They approved the concept but then for some reason had to decide what a 'grocery store' was...there answer was 'at least 10,000 sq ft'.(hmmm, who owns such big 'shop?')

So there goes any corner store booze sales.

When the new licenses were released JP bought up 95% of them.  That's why you will likely on find wine on the shelves of his mega stores. 

Wasn't the issue the groceries stores had to be xxxx amount of distance from another liquor store so they wouldn't crash the established liquor store?  I think I heard my superstore is getting rezoned to sell wine (don't matter to me, I don't drink that crap, I need whiskey on the shelves) but I think that was one of the issues was places had to be rezoned a lot of the times.  

1 minute ago, Russ said:

Wasn't the issue the groceries stores had to be xxxx amount of distance from another liquor store so they wouldn't crash the established liquor store?  I think I heard my superstore is getting rezoned to sell wine (don't matter to me, I don't drink that crap, I need whiskey on the shelves) but I think that was one of the issues was places had to be rezoned a lot of the times.  

1km if they were going for store within a store 'full service liquor store'. No restriction for 'wine off the shelves', I believe 

9 hours ago, bishopshodan said:

1km if they were going for store within a store 'full service liquor store'. No restriction for 'wine off the shelves', I believe 

Oh ok thats what it was.  Pretty much all the grocery stores I have always gone to are in complexes and they all seem to have liquor stores around that area.