Jonathan Myrenberg | D

GoldenAlien

1 hour ago, Hogs & Podz said:

Who pooped in your cornflakes?

Nobody until you showed up.  

Something offensive in what I said? 

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

Jim Benning?  Repeatedly. 

Are you implying that I'm not happy with Jonathan Myrenberg pick? I've been quite high on him ever since he was drafted.  

Very happy with Jim Benning's drafting, unlike you and @Fred65 ;)

On 7/27/2022 at 11:05 AM, Boudrias said:

I can see divided loyalties next month. We have Swedish prospects but no Canadians. :( 

No problem for me; Sweden all the way cuz, CANUCKS.

Plus I am sick of how entitled the Canadian Juniors are, so conceited, always think they're the best.

That will change if we draft Canadians.

• Haha 2

37 minutes ago, Hogs & Podz said:

Lol... Just interesting you decided to have a negative take on positive news about one of our prospects.  

Negative take? 

1 hour ago, VancouverHabitant said:

Are you implying that I'm not happy with Jonathan Myrenberg pick? I've been quite high on him ever since he was drafted.  

Very happy with Jim Benning's drafting, unlike you and @Fred65 ;)

Benning has definitely drafted better than the Habs.  Now there’s a craperolla team with no future.  

Just now, Kuzy said:

Breaking: Negative person is surprised at backlash following negative comment. More at 11

Breaking: your reading comprehension is apparently non-existent. 

On 7/15/2022 at 12:11 AM, VancouverHabitant said:

I'm actually extremely optimistic at the moment with Ryan Johnson at the helm of Abby.  Expecting to see some results trickling in, two years from now.  

I'll try not to be so negative @Kuzy ;)

Edited by VancouverHabitant

10 hours ago, VancouverHabitant said:

Elite at scrimmages and intrasquad games. 

Your comment above can easily be construed as sarcasm, implying that our prospects are ONLY elite at scrimmages and intrasquad games. I think this is the source of the backlash.

1 hour ago, RomanP said:

Your comment above can easily be construed as sarcasm, implying that our prospects are ONLY elite at scrimmages and intrasquad games. I think this is the source of the backlash.

I've been one of Myrenberg's biggest supporters since he was drafted, as can be seen in the previous 5 pages.  

@Hogz and Podz and @Kuzy maybe didn't follow this summer, but Myrenberg's last time on the ice was in our development camp where he looked really good.  So he's gone from an excellent year in the SHL, to impressing in the developmental camp (scrimmage) and intrasquad game.  

Their fault for assuming that this was somehow a negative comment. 

Tongue in cheek obviously!  Why would I call someone "elite" without it being a joke. Geez Louise 

Edited by VancouverHabitant

18 minutes ago, VancouverHabitant said:

I've been one of Myrenberg's biggest supporters since he was drafted, as can be seen in the previous 5 pages.  

@Hogz and Podz and @Kuzy maybe didn't follow this summer, but Myrenberg's last time on the ice was in our development camp where he looked really good.  So he's gone from an excellent year in the SHL, to impressing in the developmental camp (scrimmage) and intrasquad game.  

Bud, I'm not taking sides here, just pointing out what seems like a root of the disagreement.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, RomanP said:

Bud, I'm not taking sides here, just pointing out what seems like a root of the disagreement.

I never said you were taking sides, I'm really not sure why I've needed 5 posts to explain that I was not being negative.  

On 7/9/2022 at 1:50 AM, VancouverHabitant said:

Got minutes in the SHL as an 18 year old and that's damn impressive! Can't wait to see/hear how he stacks up in the development camp and hopefully our young stars tournament. 

I'll try to cut out my negativity seen on full display here two months ago.  

This thread has been derailed too much by this, back to Jonathan Myrenberg!  

4 hours ago, VancouverHabitant said:

Tongue in cheek obviously!  Why would I call someone "elite" without it being a joke. Geez Louise 

Clearly your "joke" was poorly delivered, that's how it came across. Some serious backpedaling here.