The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Speculation] Drance & Dhaliwal: Jake McCabe & Brendan Smith are two D UFAs Canucks will be interested in

19 minutes ago, TNucks1 said:

downgrade no thanks, but if we can get zadorov for something else i'd be down.

Downgrade but cap relief.

Zadorov and 2nd or 3rd would be fine by me.  Gives our blue line some much needed grit and snarl.

2 hours ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Would a free agent like Erik Gudbranson not be a viable option at this point as well? He’d probably not really demand more than a $1M at best at this juncture in his career. Would provide way more muscle than either of the aforementioned players. 

I’d sign Gudbranson just to play the games against Vegas. The $1 million would be well spent watching him rag doll Reaves every game. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

I’d sign Gudbranson just to play the games against Vegas. The $1 million would be well spent watching him rag doll Reaves every game. 

he played 18:04 avg per game last year, so still got a little in the tank.

If he's willing to be the heavyweight here, he's worth a look.

• Upvote 2
  • Vintage 1

1 hour ago, aGENT said:

Yeah, Mayfield's a pipe dream at this point unfortunately.

I wonder if something like Schmidt back to WAS for Jensen + Eller + maybe a pick would fly? 

Cap's basically a wash and it would add nice C depth and a solid skating, shut down RD for us.

Really though, I'd be fine signing Hamonic and Hakanpaa (or similar) and moving Schmidt after the fact as well, preferably maybe for an expiring RFA 3C looking for a raise. Maybe a Bennett or a Robert Thomas type.

Robert Thomas is part of their core.. they arent moving him.

23 minutes ago, EddieVedder said:

Robert Thomas is part of their core.. they arent moving him.

Yeah, likely not. Doubt Panthers are in a hurry to get rid of Bennett after he fit so well either. Just spit balling.