Canucks Community

CDCGML 2021-22

canuck2xtreme

Maple Leafs 2022 draft results

Matvei Petrov - #34 (/) 

2021 6th RD pick by Oilers

Dmitri Buchelnikov - #126 (+74)

#52 by DET IRL

We couldn't be more pleased to see Buchelnikov go in the middle of the 2nd round. I think hes gone to a very good up and coming team, and I could see him and Raymond being huge assets for me in a few years!

I have had a few big grabs in my 3 years drafting in GML now (in terms of GML vs NHL draft pick), but Buchelnikov is the biggest jump yet!

Drew Commesso (+34)

GML - 80

NHL - 46

Prokhor Poltapov (+35)

GML - 68

NHL - 33

Logan Mailloux (+39)

GML - 70

NHL - 31

Dmitri Buchelnikov (+74)

GML - 126

NHL - 52

Can't wait for next years draft, as we have 8 picks, and we plan on doing some heavy scouting as compared the the previous 3 drafts. 

Lets get FA going!

Edited by Gator
  • Like 2
  • Cheers 2

15 hours ago, Sharpshooter said:

BOSTON'S 1st Round Summary:

Cutter Gauthier

GML - 6th Pick 

IRL - 5th Pick

Very happy with how it turned out. This kid is what Philly can build around in a couple-three years. Smash-mouthed skill. 

My next 3 picks:

Maxim Barbashev 

#93 - GML

#161 - NHL (Rangers)

Samuel Savoie

#125 - GML

#81 - NHL (Blackhawks)

Graham Sward

#127 - GML

#146 - NHL(Predators)

Biggest swing for the fences pick was Maxim Barbashev. Glad I was able to take a swing with this player. Offense minded, high hockey IQ and physical forwards are those I can be patient with. 

Savoie, looks like another high motor speedster, with a nose for the net. Chicago is building a fast team. Looking forward to seeing Savoie fighting to make the team in 3 years or so.

Sward was one of the better dmen left at the end of the draft that I thought had potential. Another swing tbh.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

33 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

Sward was one of the better dmen left at the end of the draft that I thought had potential. Another swing tbh

If a late rpumd Dman was to be drafted by a team, I think the Preds would be the top team I would want to take them. They seem to develop Dmen pretty well.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

It's been years since I drafted last time in the league and that was for The Wild. I came away with 2 solid NHL players out of the 4 picks I made (Rakell, and Mayfield) so I hope I'm just as fortunate with this haul of draftees. 

Noah Ostlund  GML 27  NHL 16 (+11)

Jiri Kulich  GML 24  NHL 28 (-4)

Matthew Poitras GML 91  NHL 54 (+37)

Ty Nelson  GML 37  NHL 68 (-31)

Jordan Dumais  GML 65  NHL 96 (-31)

I knew I reached on Dumais, and was a little surprised that Poitras fell to me at 91, but am really surprised that Ty Nelson was the 21st defenseman off the board. Though I never got to see much in the way of game tape, his scouting reports were of a Ryan Ellis type d-man. I guess his size was what had him fall down draft boards but if thats what he turns out to be, Ill be really happy getting him at 37. 

• Like 2
  • Cheers 2

2 hours ago, Gator said:

If a late rpumd Dman was to be drafted by a team, I think the Preds would be the top team I would want to take them. They seem to develop Dmen pretty well.

That’s what I was thinking after they drafted him. 

It was a swing, hopefully not a miss, but the fact that the Preds liked him makes me more optimistic. 

4 hours ago, Sergei Bobrovsky said:

SIGNING: The Detroit Red Wings have re-signed restricted free agent defenceman Haydn Fleury to a two year contract extension.

spacer.png Haydn Fleury - 2 year, $2.2 million dollar contract. ($1.1 million per season)

We traded for Hayden when I first took over this club, and while he didn't have the best season we still believe he has the talent and drive to compete in this league. 

Thanks to Agent Sergei for the negotiations.