The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks requiring covid vaccination for staff and fans

Rate this topic

cuporbust

53 minutes ago, Dumb Nuck said:

Included? You’d require proof to enter a grocery store?  

unless a business dealt with young/sick/old as the bulk of their clients I would not let them require proof from customers or staff, except as stated, large venues.

Im sure I’m missing some but you’ll get the gist, these are the business I would allow to require proof:

SCHOOLS, DAYCARE, SENIORS HOMES AND SENIORS SERVICES, HOSPITALS, MEDICAL CLINICS……

Pretty much any retail business would not be allowed to require proof from their staff or customers.

I don't agree, but I appreciate the specificity of your answer, and do get the line you're drawing. 

I'm free market, if a business wants to make a passport a rule for their business then we shouldn't stand in their way. 

8 minutes ago, morgo said:

I've made plenty of points...  None of you can address them so you resort to name-calling and flippant remarks as you've just illustrated here.

I didn't call you a name. If your victim complex doesn't allow alternative ideas perhaps a forum meant for discussion  isn't the place for you. Make an actual verifiable point or at least something that isn't incredibly condescending just once and you will likely get a better reaction. You are getting what you are giving and you're doing nothing but winge about it.

How about a slate wipe to reset because honestly every interaction surrounding you seems to be less than positive. Make a point here and let's talk  about it like grown ups. No judgements and no petty crap I promise but I expect the same in return.

If you aren't interested in that at all and you just want to keep going with how things are going then obviously don't bring up a topic.

Edited by EOTM
  • Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

I don't agree, but I appreciate the specificity of your answer, and do get the line you're drawing. 

I'm free market, if a business wants to make a passport a rule for their business then we shouldn't stand in their way. 

Think what would happen it suddenly they announced you could not enter any grocery store without proof of vaccination, I’m pretty sure there’d be riots, imagine if they said that in the US.

I remember hearing somewhere choices have consequences.

3 minutes ago, Dumb Nuck said:

Think what would happen it suddenly they announced you could not enter any grocery store without proof of vaccination, I’m pretty sure there’d be riots, imagine if they said that in the US.

Then a grocery store would see an opportunity to serve the people complaining.  Free market.

3 minutes ago, Dumb Nuck said:

I'm wondering if not being able to enter grocery stores has ever been brought up in an official capacity regarding passports?

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Dumb Nuck said:

they do and they should. 

The business would, maybe, lose some sales. But then again, maybe not.

4 minutes ago, Dumb Nuck said:

Are you suggesting that it’s an acceptable consequence for the grocery store owners and employees, who have a policy for vaccine passports, to be targets of violence?  

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, EOTM said:

I didn't call you a name. If your victim complex doesn't allow alternative ideas perhaps a forum meant for discussion  isn't the place for you. Make an actual verifiable point or at least something that isn't incredibly condescending just once and you will likely get a better reaction. You are getting what you are giving and you're doing nothing but winge about it.

How about a slate wipe to reset because honestly every interaction surrounding you seems to be less than positive. Make a point here and let's talk  about it like grown ups. No judgements and no petty crap I promise but I expect the same in return.

This is some twilight zone level stuff here.  I have presented plenty of alternative and verifiable viewpoints and did so without attacking anyone...  But because I defend myself when attacked personally for doing so, I have a victim complex...  Unreal.

You personally have not called me names but many others have and you want to give them a free pass while shaming me for defending myself.  Okay :rolleyes:.  I have tried to present my opinions like a grown up, it's the people responding to me who are acting like children by throwing tantrums that consist of nothing but name calling, insults and ridicule...  All because my opinions differ from the overall consensus.  I'm not looking for sympathy...  If that's how people want to act, they are more than welcome but I'm not being "condescending" by pointing it out.  I'm just calling a spade a spade.

• Cheers 2

11 minutes ago, EOTM said:

I'm wondering if not being able to enter grocery stores has ever been brought up in an official capacity regarding passports?

No it hasn’t, but some here are suggesting it should be that way, I’m just pointing out what I think would happen as a result.

9 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Are you suggesting that it’s an acceptable consequence for the grocery store owners and employees, who have a policy for vaccine passports, to be targets of violence?  

I’m saying people have rioted for much less and we are talking about the unvaxxed, this is just my belief, how do you think the unvaxxed would react to not being able to buy groceries?

Just now, Dumb Nuck said:

I’m saying people have rioted for much less and we are talking about the unvaxxed, this is just my belief, how do you think the unvaxxed would react to not being able to buy groceries?

Violence is not acceptable.  I don’t understand why anyone would suggest that antivaxxers have some sort of right to riot and harm store owners? 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

Violence is not acceptable.  I don’t understand why anyone would suggest that antivaxxers have some sort of right to riot and harm store owners? 

Irregardless, what do you think would happen? 

Action: ban unvaxxed people from grocery stores.

Consequence: riots and/or looting.

Am I wrong in my assertion? 

Just now, Dumb Nuck said:

Again, why would anyone suggest violence is a right?  

3 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Again, why would anyone suggest violence is a right?  

Geez Alf, I’m not suggesting its ok I’m stating that that is what I think would occur, but if you don’t want to answer fine, no point going on.

Edited by Dumb Nuck
  • Cheers 1

37 minutes ago, morgo said:

This is some twilight zone level stuff here.  I have presented plenty of alternative and verifiable viewpoints and did so without attacking anyone...  But because I defend myself when attacked personally for doing so, I have a victim complex...  Unreal.

You personally have not called me names but many others have and you want to give them a free pass while shaming me for defending myself.  Okay :rolleyes:.  I have tried to present my opinions like a grown up, it's the people responding to me who are acting like children by throwing tantrums that consist of nothing but name calling, insults and ridicule...  All because my opinions differ from the overall consensus.  I'm not looking for sympathy...  If that's how people want to act, they are more than welcome but I'm not being "condescending" by pointing it out.  I'm just calling a spade a spade.

Lovely but I'm not sure I believe you completely. Let's do it now. Give me an alternative viewpoint you have said that you can backup and we will talk about it. 

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, Dumb Nuck said:

No it hasn’t, but some here are suggesting it should be that way, I’m just pointing out what I think would happen as a result.

Yeah I think people on both sides of this coin kind of over estimate what a vaccine passport will likely have included in it. 

20 minutes ago, Dumb Nuck said:

There is also curbside pickup.  Unvaxxed people can still get groceries.  They would just not be able to go into the grocery store.

2 minutes ago, Viper007 said:

There is also curbside pickup.  Unvaxxed people can still get groceries.  They would just not be able to go into the grocery store.

And you think the unvaxxed people will go, no problem, we’ll just use curbside pickup?

I asked a question and no one seems to want to answer, I’ll ask one more time and make it multiple choice so there’s no beating around the bush.

If it was announced that unvaxxed people were not allowed entry into any grocery stores what do you think would happen?

1) nothing, they’d all accept it and figure out how to get food.

2) peacefully protest.

3) riot and/or loot.

1 minute ago, Dumb Nuck said:

And you think the unvaxxed people will go, no problem, we’ll just use curbside pickup?

I asked a question and no one seems to want to answer, I’ll ask one more time and make it multiple choice so there’s no beating around the bush.

If it was announced that unvaxxed people were not allowed entry into any grocery stores what do you think would happen?

1) nothing, they’d all accept it and figure out how to get food.

2) peacefully protest.

3) riot and/or loot.

I think it will be 1 since it's quite the minority.

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Viper007 said:

I think it will be 1 since it's quite the minority.

Fair enough but it’ll still be about 10% of the people , that’s quite a lot. Look how people reacted when they were told they had to put on a mask to enter, imagine if they went for food for their family and some minimum wage teenager tried to stop them from entering. 

And no Alf, I am not condoning anything, I’m trying to have a discussion about what the reaction would be if we implemented passports for grocery stores.