The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks requiring covid vaccination for staff and fans

Rate this topic

cuporbust

Just now, Jimmy McGill said:

if you're asking which members of my family I'd want vaccinated, its all of them. And they all are. 

For me , I've not decided 100% what to do. I have no problem with someone choosing either way, as it seems impossible to actually know what the truth is.  

• Vintage 1

7 minutes ago, 6YPE said:

Bloomberg data is American. Our numbers in BC are significantly different.  Everyone, who has received both vaccines, had them 8-12 weeks apart.

Just now, cuporbust said:

For me , I've not decided 100% what to do. I have no problem with someone choosing either way, as it seems impossible to actually know what the truth is.  

well, guess what? in life you never get 100% certainty in all your decision making. 

Just now, 6YPE said:

But you believe everything the TV tells you... 

I believe what my governing board of healthcare practitioners I'm administrated by, the general scientific consensus of health and safety professionals globally, and common sense tell me. I don't for a second believe a story that lacks any compassion for what would be an absolutely tragic story that happened to someone they care about. I understand compassion and in my line of work I was trained in it very thoroughly. It's very important to recognize signs of trauma so you can handle the situation safely and effectively. It's also important to spot the lack there of to handle those situations effectively as well.

3 hours ago, 6YPE said:

Why would anyone take a vaccine that doesn't stop you from getting or transmitting a virus with  99+% survival rate?

98.2%. And before you say that's not a big difference that would be the difference of 10,000 deaths.

It does slow the rate of transmission and the severity of it though. I mean ffs this isn't hard to understand. If you wear a seat belt it doesn't stop you from getting into an accident or getting hurt either so why wear seatbelts?

Your side lost, now go do the right thing or stop whining about it. Christ there shouldn't have been sides to begin with. These mental midgets and their refusal to open their darn eyes would be funny if it didn't mean a kid could die.

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Mustard Tiger said:

All these people all up in arms over this, Are the same ones who have 50 random apps on their phone, Agreeing to terms & accessing photos and contacts. But that's not a breach in their privacy. :rolleyes:

there's a good saying about apps and things like Facebook: "if its free, you are the product"

1 minute ago, EOTM said:

98.2%. And before you say that's not a big difference that would be the difference of 10,000 deaths.

It does slow the rate of transmission and the severity of it though. I mean ffs this isn't hard to understand. If you wear a seat belt it doesn't stop you from getting into an accident or getting hurt either so why wear seatbelts?

Your side lost, now go do the right thing or stop whining about it. Christ there shouldn't have been sides to begin with. These mental midgets and their refusal to open their darn eyes would be funny if it didn't mean a kid could die.

There are no "sides" its about personal choice.

5 minutes ago, cuporbust said:

It's definitely not an easy position to be in and it only gets worse because this wonderful world of information isn't always trustworthy.

1 minute ago, 6YPE said:

There are no "sides" its about personal choice.

I agree that it shouldn't be but then people need to accept their choice and what it means. Stop spreading bs misinformation and accept responsibility for their choice. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, EOTM said:

I agree that it shouldn't be but then people need to accept their choice and what it means. Stop spreading bs misinformation and accept responsibility for their choice. 

And the problem is that it's very very hard to decipher either way. Each side has arguments and at the very least  , some seemingly true data 

1 minute ago, cuporbust said:

And the problem is that it's very very hard to decipher either way. Each side has arguments and at the very least  , some seemingly true data 

93% of our hospitalizations are from the 17% who aren’t vaccinated.  What in the heck else does one need to know?  

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

Just now, cuporbust said:

No kidding 

so what level of certainty do you need to go get a shot? how would you personally measure that?

I do this kind of thing a lot in helping companies with medical device reg's. You can make a matrix of the hazard you are worried about, and put the potential harm and the probability of it happening down on paper and make your decision that way. 

So take your risk of being hurt by a vaccine, its very low. Your personal risk from covid may also be low, and causing you some personal confusion. But what's your chance of passing it on to a vulnerable person if you get infected? do you have a person over 65 years old in your life, e.g.? 

5 minutes ago, cuporbust said:

The modern world has never seen anything like this pandemic (along with global travel), so we're really just pioneers trying to find our way through an unexplored land.

For me, vaxed on not, everyone should continue to wear masks in crowed situations, maintain distance and wash hands.  The only way to stop this virus is to keep reducing its ability to spread and hopefully it will burn out at some point.

• Like 1