The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks requiring covid vaccination for staff and fans

Rate this topic

cuporbust

7 minutes ago, cuporbust said:

And the problem is that it's very very hard to decipher either way. Each side has arguments and at the very least  , some seemingly true data 

Honestly even just trying to discern if a website is credible or not I have to pull back to university psych courses.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Alflives said:

93% of our hospitalizations are from the 17% who aren’t vaccinated.  What in the heck else does one need to know?  

I think the problem that even though those stays exist there are still pos humans out there trying to make money by telling people that vaccines are poison and you won't be able to have kids and they are putting a dorito in your arm. That information can be a lot to handle because it seemingly comes from all directions. I get it I do but I don't excuse it.

2 minutes ago, cuporbust said:

Is that data true ? If it is , then people need to have a little understanding for why someone is apprehensive 

The vaers data? Vaers is great but you also have to understand what vaers is. Its not verified data and it is self reported for the most part. There isn't data much data actually linking a lot of those things to the vaccine.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, 6YPE said:

You're making stuff up.

Stop being a denier of science fact. 

NEW - 93% of hospitalizations due to COVID in BC are people who are not vaccinated. 90% of new cases are in those who are not fully vaccinated. #bcpoli
Replying to
Dr. Bonnie Henry - "These numbers are a stark reminder of why vaccines matters." #bcpoli
Edited by Alflives
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

24 minutes ago, 6YPE said:

You're making stuff up.

No no, it's reported by the bccdc. You are entirely incorrect. You can google bccdc and check the up to date August report. Just download the pdf that gives the entire report. It's on slide 5, 17 and 18. By saying he is making stuff you are actively spreading false information, because it's accurate.

Edited by shayster007
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

15 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Stop being a denier of science fact. 

NEW - 93% of hospitalizations due to COVID in BC are people who are not vaccinated. 90% of new cases are in those who are not fully vaccinated. #bcpoli
Replying to
Dr. Bonnie Henry - "These numbers are a stark reminder of why vaccines matters." #bcpoli

and Alberta who have more issues with vaccinating but have released more information to the public then BC show 1% of ICU patients fully vaccinated.... NUFF said

• Thanks 1
  • Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, nuck-lifer said:

and Alberta who have more issues with vaccinating but have released more information to the public then BC show 1% of ICU patients fully vaccinated.... NUFF said

The science is clear.  This pandemic is being driven (now) by the unvaccinated.  Why some people still refuse to get vaccinated is beyond my understanding.  It’s better fir them, their families and friends, and their community.  Refusing vaccination now has to be one of the most selfishly ignorant things a person can do.  

• Like 1

A quote out of The Province today: 

Dr.Henry said that unvaccinated people currently account for about 90 per cent of COVID-19 cases in B.C., and 93 per cent of hospitalizations. The risk of infection is about 10 times higher for people who aren't vaccinated, she said.

"These numbers are a stark reminder of why vaccines are important."

While I do agree that vaccines are important, I make a distinction between what private businesses can do and where governments are over stepping their authority.

Private businesses have every right to enact policy and procedures in order to keep both their staff and clients safe. This may include wearing a mask when entering the premises and if they deem it is warranted, to show proof of vaccination for all staff members in order to work there.

If the business is a host of large events in nature; for example greater than 50 at an event, the business should be allowed to see proof of vaccination as a requirement for entry to that event. This would be the case for all NHL games and it is my understanding that the NHL is pushing this policy for all teams to follow.

I do not support government mandated enforcement of vaccinations for government employees other than those in the health care services. Those employees having to be vaccinated can be justified and probably could withstand a constitutional challenge in court. I doubt that trying to force the entire populace to take the vaccine would survive that same challenge in court and nor should it.

Just my opinion on the subject.

7 minutes ago, Kootenay Gold said:

A quote out of The Province today: 

Dr.Henry said that unvaccinated people currently account for about 90 per cent of COVID-19 cases in B.C., and 93 per cent of hospitalizations. The risk of infection is about 10 times higher for people who aren't vaccinated, she said.

"These numbers are a stark reminder of why vaccines are important."

While I do agree that vaccines are important, I make a distinction between what private businesses can do and where governments are over stepping their authority.

Private businesses have every right to enact policy and procedures in order to keep both their staff and clients safe. This may include wearing a mask when entering the premises and if they deem it is warranted, to show proof of vaccination for all staff members in order to work there.

If the business is a host of large events in nature; for example greater than 50 at an event, the business should be allowed to see proof of vaccination as a requirement for entry to that event. This would be the case for all NHL games and it is my understanding that the NHL is pushing this policy for all teams to follow.

I do not support government mandated enforcement of vaccinations for government employees other than those in the health care services. Those employees having to be vaccinated can be justified and probably could withstand a constitutional challenge in court. I doubt that trying to force the entire populace to take the vaccine would survive that same challenge in court and nor should it.

Just my opinion on the subject.

You’re entitled to you’re opinion, but it’s 100% wrong.  We went through this earlier.  Go back and read about our 

Charter, and the limitations on rights.