The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[DEBATE] Which #7 in their CANUCKS prime are you taking?

Rate this topic

Elias Pettersson

Which #7 in their CANUCKS prime are you taking?  

108 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 hours ago, PetterssonOrPeterson said:

how iconic is the number 7 in hockey? I always associate it with Bourque until he switched to 77.

It's Espo for me....but it's hard to discount Tim Horton....

....I mean how many NHLers are known for great defense and lousy coffee?

Speaking of coffee, Paul Coffey was no slouch, either...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

I edited the question to make it more clear.  Which #7 in their prime, WHILE PLAYING FOR THE VANCOUVER CANUCKS, are you taking?  :)

I'd change my vote from Pederson to Ronning then, albeit  Clifford has this wrapped up anyway.

• Upvote 1

Too hard a choice.  Ronning a fan favourite (and being vertically challenged myself, I always root for the short guy).  Lupul because he dated my sister briefly (Victoria Cougars). Morrison, WCE line and fan favourite. Barry Pedersen ( former Nanaimo Clipper and Cougar), Boudrias the super pest (and one of the best offensive players during the early Canuck years)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

12 hours ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

The player’s prime, or his prime while a Canuck?

If it’s as a Canuck, I’m probably taking Boudrias or Ronning.

If simply the prime of their career, regardless of the uniform, it’s gotta be Barry Pederson, before his shoulder issues and surgery. His first three years in the league, while with Boston, he averaged 43 goals and 105 points per season (with highs of 46 goals and 116 points). None of the others ever really came close to those numbers.

Voting Pederson, since when he was at his best, he was the best player listed on this poll.

It was a short period of time, and it wasn’t in Vancouver, but prime Barry Pederson was one of the best young players (and best players period) in the league. Runner up for the Calder (lost to Hall of Famer Dave Hawerchuk) and then finished 6th place in NHL scoring in both his 2nd and 3rd years in the league.

He was amazing to watch with the Cougars as well.