The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Seattle Kraken at Vancouver Canucks | Oct. 05, 2021 | 7:00 pm PT | Sportsnet One

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

2 minutes ago, Green Building said:

Preseason isn't for setting lines, it's for evaluating players. That said, who knows what Green is going to do until he sets the opening roster. 

It’s actually kinda both.Many options for green and co this preseason 

4 minutes ago, -Moose said:

Except he hasn't played on Horvat's wing all preseason

No, he's been playing on Miller's wing and honestly I'm getting kind of sick of seeing Miller at center. It doesn't work. He is good at faceoffs and that is it. He isn’t a creative enough playmaker in the middle and he isn't responsible enough defensively to play center.

In 3 games, so far in the preseason, Miller has 1 PPG and one assist 4 on 4 on the Petan goal. He has shown 0 chemistry with Garland and Podkolzin. Get Petey back playing so we can have the Lotto Line.

Miller - Pettersson - Boeser

Höglander - Horvat - Garland

Pearson - Dickinson - Podkolzin 

That's how the top 9 should look. With Miller/Höglander and Höglander/Pearson being interchangeable depending on what is or isn't working in specific games. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

21 minutes ago, Primal Optimist said:

I suspect, when I am looking at tonights forward lineup: a large minority of the forward group playing tonight will be cut tomorrow, just has a feel like "last looks" to me. 

Thinking of Dries, Lockwood, Di Guiseppe, Focht, MacEwen. Odds are good 4 of them are cut sooner than later.

Oh yea this is thanks but no thanks group while keeping the vets rested.

1 minute ago, 204CanucksFan said:

No, he's been playing on Miller's wing and honestly I'm getting kind of sick of seeing Miller at center. It doesn't work. He is good at faceoffs and that is it. He isn’t a creative enough playmaker in the middle and he isn't responsible enough defensively to play center.

In 3 games, so far in the preseason, Miller has 1 PPG and one assist 4 on 4 on the Petan goal. He has shown 0 chemistry with Garland and Podkolzin. Get Petey back playing so we can have the Lotto Line.

Miller - Pettersson - Boeser

Höglander - Horvat - Garland

Pearson - Dickinson - Podkolzin 

That's how the top 9 should look. With Miller/Höglander and Höglander/Pearson being interchangeable depending on what is or isn't working in specific games. 

Agreed and it's annoying we haven't seen Horvat with Garland or Pearson with Dickinson yet. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, -Moose said:

Agreed and it's annoying we haven't seen Horvat with Garland or Pearson with Dickinson yet. 

I’d argue we haven’t seen Dickinson at all yet. Dude has been invisible.

I’m hoping to see some urgency in Podz game tonight, and as per usual will be keeping a close eye on Rathbone and OJ. 

Edited by Locke Lamora

17 minutes ago, Beary Sweet said:

excited for tonight if I'll be able to find a way to make my cable work lol.. if not, i'll be scoreboard watching. are Petey and Huggy Bear playing tonight?

They aren’t. Next game. Good luck on your cable

• Thanks 1