The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Detroit Red Wings | Oct. 16, 2021

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

15 minutes ago, Petey_BOI said:

nah, dude. that poster is sick of the negativity where someone doesn't add anything positive to the situation. But if someone is calling you out, maybe you should stop and check yourself. everyone has a voice here, you want to talk about how x player is playing poorly or x coach is just being outcoached that's totally cool and expected. Most people don't this board just to be a sound board of hallelujah's

the words like useless, garbage, idiot are toxic that just breeds negativity, kills peoples vibes and turns otherwise good people into monsters sometimes. so some people here like myself like the negativity to be posted with decency and respect. I too have to work on this, I always do because i care about mental health of everybody here, their like my second family. when we jump on someone its because we care more for our family then one single poster.

you got called out, deal with it anyway you like.

just remember, mod is watching you..

My god dude, once again read the context. I was replying and defending ANOTHER POSTER. I wasn’t even having an argument till you came along on your high horse and I never said anything other than being upset with Chiassons play. Seriously read through the comments. I’m almost never negative on this board. You have absolutely no idea what you’re talking about. 

I was defending another poster from someone saying “wow you have such a sad life”. 

So I can’t call out players and call them useless in your opinion but someone can say “wow you have such a sad life” and call out someone’s personal life and character and you’re okay with that? Seriously. Read the context. And also this board is full of people making literal threads about how bad/ useless players are so it’s not like I’m alone in bashing a players on ice production. 

5 hours ago, nuckin_futz said:

Give me 82 games of this please.

Garland stirring the pot like 90's Theo Fleury (minus the crazy).

Yes, it's been a bloody long time since we had a good 'ol fashioned $h1t disturber on the team like Ruutu or Cook and it's certainly refreshing to see some actual emotion being stirred up.  Only problem is that Uncle Jim gave away the best two pushback players on the team last week (Gad & MacEwan) which we'll need to replace - especially if we get in the playoff hunt later in the season or we'll be outmuscled.  

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Qwags said:

I &^@#ing love Connor Garland. First actual pest with some talent since Burrows.

Our PP needs to be better. Enough of this standing around and passing around the perimeter.

When the hell are we going to see a change on the PP and PK?   It's same old passive ineffective style of play for the last few years and in case anyone in Canuck Mgmt hasn't noticed - IT AINT WORKING !  

So Wake up Uncle Jim and fix what anyone with any semblence of hockey sense can see!  The current coaching staff can't seem to come up with any new ideas so get rid of them!  We couldn't possibly do any worse!

2 hours ago, DeNiro said:

Umm I believe there was a fan favourite in Detroit who used to throw reverse hits all the time, and he was a lot bigger than Garland.

What a salty little turd. Instead of talking trash go buy your goalie a beer. Only reason you won.

Little pissy ass euro. So glad he ended up in Detroit and we got our boy huggy

1 hour ago, Patel Bure said:

Zadina might receive a hefty fine.  He referred to Garland as a “midget” which is considered to be a derogatory slur in the modern era.   

Hopefully, the Canucks and Garland would be within their right to press charges against Zadina but I highly doubt that this would be possible.

5qpru5.jpg

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Petey40 said:

My god dude, once again read the context. I was replying and defending ANOTHER POSTER. I wasn’t even having an argument till you came along on your high horse and I never said anything other than being upset with Chiassons play. Seriously read through the comments. I’m almost never negative on this board. You have absolutely no idea what you’re talking about. 

I was defending another poster from someone saying “wow you have such a sad life”. 

So I can’t call out players and call them useless in your opinion but someone can say “wow you have such a sad life” and call out someone’s personal life and character and you’re okay with that? Seriously. Read the context. And also this board is full of people making literal threads about how bad/ useless players are so it’s not like I’m alone in bashing a players on ice production. 

defend your poor choices however you choose. you choose to say these words, some people don't like them. you can whine all you want, im not giving you any sympathy.

• Wat 1

Just now, Petey_BOI said:

defend your poor choices however you choose. you choose to say these words, some people don't like them. you can whine all you want, im not giving you any sympathy.

Nah you just realized you’re fighting the one person defending another poster from someone saying something uncalled for and are too afraid to admit it. 

11 minutes ago, RU SERIOUS said:

When the hell are we going to see a change on the PP and PK?   It's same old passive ineffective style of play for the last few years and in case anyone in Canuck Mgmt hasn't noticed - IT AINT WORKING !  

So Wake up Uncle Jim and fix what anyone with any semblence of hockey sense can see!  The current coaching staff can't seem to come up with any new ideas so get rid of them!  We couldn't possibly do any worse!

Uncle Jim provided all of the talent that is needed to have the best power play in the league.  It's up to the coaching staff to execute the PP for maximum effectiveness.  So far they are failing in that regard.  But it was to be expected with Green still around. 

We are looking great offensively with the talent we have.  Just wait until Brock is in the lineup.  No reason we can't win games outscoring the opposition.  My concern will be how that talent is being used.  

Edited by Elias Pettersson
  • Cheers 2

5 hours ago, Dazzle said:

Bad luck tonight. It happens.

A+ effort. Bad choice by Green to pull the goalie so early before having control.

You are being too polite!  That was not a bad choice by Green it was bad coaching period.   The same thing that cost game one Vs edmonton with the too many men on the ice.  That is AL On The Coach.   Then not putting Hoglander on the shoot out but pearson who's ice cold now. Then last night in the game Vs Philly our team collapsed and stood still in our own end during the last PK and the extra man situation late in the 3rd because that's how our defensive coach has brainwashed them to play.  Then tonight our useless PP with all play and shots from outside periphery instead of guys driving to the net because thats how they were taught to play the PP by our Special teams coach, then as you said green pulls the goalie way too early and with no control by us.

Our Coaching staff is terrible.  Been saying this for the past 4 years and it's unfortunate Uncle jim didn't have the courage to TERMINATE GREEN AND BUMGARDENER in the summer.  Fingers crossed they'll be Fired in coming weeks so our talented players can be unleashed from these bad habits they were taught and are forced to adhere to.

6 hours ago, 250Integra said:

Also are the coaches blind? This top unit has been together for a couple of seasons and they do not work well together. Constant issues gaining the zone and static movement. Seems like the coaches and players are trying to kill off the Powerplay instead of scoring.

....but, but, but - Remember Coach greens Motto : " If it doesn't ever work, keep trying the exact same thing over & over & over again until you hopefully get different results so I don't look like an idiot for teaching you those bad habits in the first place".

Edited by RU SERIOUS

1 minute ago, Petey40 said:

Nah you just realized you’re fighting the one person defending another poster from someone saying something uncalled for and are too afraid to admit it. 

i like mustard tiger, ive seen saints on this board dematerialize into angry ppl. he's coming from a place of good he gets a pass from me.

trust me i know its hard for everyone, including myself. as a person that often defends himself into the grave, take it from me. you are not getting any internet points.

You will notice i'm not sending out posts to you, in fact its the entire opposite. You are controlling this conversation, and you can make it stop at anytime.

17 minutes ago, RU SERIOUS said:

Jason King is in charge!

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Uncle Jim provided all of the talent that is needed to have the best power play in the league.  It's up to the coaching staff to execute the PP for maximum effectiveness.  So far they are failing in that regard.  But it was to be expected with Green still around. 

We are looking great offensively with the talent we have.  Just wait until Brock is in the lineup.  No reason we can't win games outscoring the opposition.  My concern will be how that talent is being used.  

It was up to Jim Benning to sign Petterson in the off-season to ensure Pettersson is at training on day 1 to work on the PP. You just can't blame the coaching staff for the poor PP.

• Wat 1
  • Upvote 1

So Green pulls the goalie with over 2 minutes left in the game down one goal.  Why?  The idea is to pull the goalie to put your best players on the ice with a one man advantage against a tired opposition.  By pulling the goalie with over 2 minutes left our top players got tired and it also allowed Detroit to make a line change.  

Just dumb coaching really. 

2 minutes ago, Petey_BOI said:

i like mustard tiger, ive seen saints on this board dematerialize into angry ppl. he's coming from a place of good he gets a pass from me.

trust me i know its hard for everyone, including myself. as a person that often defends himself into the grave, take it from me. you are not getting any internet points.

You will notice i'm not sending out posts to you, in fact its the entire opposite. You are controlling this conversation, and you can make it stop at anytime.

Wat.. you’re replying to everything I say lmao. And all good dude, defend your bud as much as you want, doesn’t mean what he said was okay. 

• Wat 1

Just now, Wolfgang Durst said:

It was up to Jim Benning to sign Petterson in the off-season to ensure Pettersson is at training on day 1 to work on the PP. You just can't blame the coaching staff for the poor PP.

The PP looks exactly the same as last year in terms of execution.  I doubt Petey needed an entire training camp to go over exactly what he did last year.  The problem isn't Petey missing camp, or Hughes.  The problem is how to execute the PP with all that talent on the ice.  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, RU SERIOUS said:

You are being too polite!  That was not a bad choice by Green it was bad coaching period.   The same thing that cost game one Vs edmonton with the too many men on the ice.  That is AL On The Coach.   Then not putting Hoglander on the shoot out but pearson who's ice cold now. Then last night in the game Vs Philly our team collapsed and stood still in our own end during the last PK and the extra man situation late in the 3rd because that's how our defensive coach has brainwashed them to play.  Then tonight our useless PP with all play and shots from outside periphery instead of guys driving to the net because thats how they were taught to play the PP by our Special teams coach, then as you said green pulls the goalie way too early and with no control by us.

Our Coaching staff is terrible.  Been saying this for the past 4 years and it's unfortunate Uncle jim didn't have the courage to TERMINATE GREEN AND BUMGARDENER in the summer.  Fingers crossed they'll be Fired in coming weeks so our talented players can be unleashed from these bad habits they were taught and are forced to adhere to.

I think you forget that Canucks addressed the "coaching staff issue" by bringing in Shaw as an assistant coach for defense. You just can't fire on Baumgartner any longer. It's also on Shaw to fix the PK. On a side note: Hamonic who played on the PK is enjoying some quality time with his family somewhere in Manitoba. He not only dishonor his contract but gives also  a &^@# about the Canucks team 2021/2022.

7 minutes ago, RU SERIOUS said:

....but, but, but - Remember Coach greens Motto : " If it doesn't ever work, keep trying the exact same thing over & over & over again until you hopefully get different results so I don't look like an idiot for teaching you those bad habits in the first place".

Is the PP Coach Greens responsibility? I think Canucks have an assistant coach for the PP. Am I wrong about  the assistant coach for the PP. Please let me know. Thank you.

• Cheers 1