The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Waivers] Alex Barre-Boulet

27 minutes ago, qwijibo said:

Wasn’t Tampa first since they originally lost him on waivers to the kraken? 

Several in media wrote that Tampa had 1st claim but it's not true according to CapFriendly.  The same question came up with Juulsen earlier this year where someone tweeted that Montreal would have priority if he went back on waivers and someone else then asked CapFriendly to chime in: 

No, the original club does not have priority in the claiming process when a player they lost to waivers is put back on waivers. The only advantage the original team has is if no other club puts in a claim other than them, then they can send that player directly to the minors.

• Thanks 2

19 hours ago, mll said:

Several in media wrote that Tampa had 1st claim but it's not true according to CapFriendly.  The same question came up with Juulsen earlier this year where someone tweeted that Montreal would have priority if he went back on waivers and someone else then asked CapFriendly to chime in: 

No, the original club does not have priority in the claiming process when a player they lost to waivers is put back on waivers. The only advantage the original team has is if no other club puts in a claim other than them, then they can send that player directly to the minors.

Interesting.  I guess the whole “original club that lost player gets priority” thing is a myth.  Thanks for the info. I generally look these things up before commenting but it’s something  I’ve always heard and never heard challenged so I took it as fact.  Thanks for the correction