The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Edmonton Oilers at Vancouver Canucks | Oct. 30, 2021

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

1 minute ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Wasn't a fluke we took Vegas to 7 games.  We had stellar goaltending and Vegas lacked the ability to put anyone away.  It caught up with Vegas the next round.

Lol ok bud. You think expecting a goalie to play like that indefinitely while the rest of your team is turtle games and generating next to nothing?

That screams fluke sorry to tell you. The Canucks would have been done in 5 if Markstrom/Demko had even just been good rather than otherworldly.

Just now, wallstreetamigo said:

Lol ok bud. You think expecting a goalie to play like that indefinitely while the rest of your team is turtle games and generating next to nothing?

That screams fluke sorry to tell you. The Canucks would have been done in 5 if Markstrom/Demko had even just been good rather than otherworldly.

I'm honestly curious, why do you watch this team?  It's clear you dislike them

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, wallstreetamigo said:

Well you can say if Tim Thomas had been just ordinary in the Finals, there would be a statute of Gillis in front of the arena.:P

• Cheers 1

4 hours ago, Warhawk said:

Why are you saying that?

A. Since coming here the only things you post are bashing JB. HF is where those ones go.

B. JT. Miller is trash because Lightning traded him and they won cups after is your theory. By that reasoning, they won the cup because they got Luke Schenn. Or John Tavares is trash because after he left the Islanders, the Islanders improved.

C. I could go on but, why bother

1 minute ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Well you can say if Tim Thomas had been just ordinary in the Finals, there would be a statute of Gillis in front of the arena.:P

The Canucks made it pretty easy on Thomas and the Bruins all things considered. He played great but it’s not really the same. The Bruins as a team dominated the Canucks in several games, including finals clinching games. The Canucks weren’t even competitive against Vegas. It was literally all goaltending.

Just now, wallstreetamigo said:

The Canucks made it pretty easy on Thomas and the Bruins all things considered. He played great but it’s not really the same. The Bruins as a team dominated the Canucks in several games, including finals clinching games. The Canucks weren’t even competitive against Vegas. It was literally all goaltending.

He won the Conn Smyth trophy (Thomas).

Edited by NewbieCanuckFan
  • Cheers 1

15 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Benning currently has 7 players on the team who he drafted not 5.  Pettersson, Boeser, Höglander, Podkolzin, Hughes, Rathbone and Demko.  Another 3 picks are currently in the NHL playing for other teams, McCann, Forsling and Gaudette.  He also has an 18 year old in Abby who is a slam dunk to make the team next year.  But we won't even count him.

Please show me another team that has 10 draft picks currently playing in the NHL starting from the 2014 draft.  I'll wait...

Edmonton has 10 draft picks playing in the NHL from the 2014 draft. Now show me another GM with a win-loss record as poor as Benning's that hasn't been fired. I'll wait...

• Cheers 1

26 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

If Gillis was such a great GM, taking over someone else's team to try and win a Cup, then why hasn't any other team even bothered to hire him in the last 8 years?  Don't really good GM's usually find new jobs with other teams after they've been fired?

I'm confused as to how a player who leads his team in scoring can be considered trash.  Can you enlighten me on how that works?

Dont know man but he won two president's cups, GM of the year and one game away from the cup.  He went all in and jeopardized our future, couldn't draft worth a damn but again he was one game away from all of that being forgotten.

His attitude is trash and it can affect a team.  If you're surrounded by negative people it will have a negative impact.  He quit last year, he barely tried 

I hope you're right and I hope he puts his head down and works hard every night, without the antics.

Edited by Warhawk

2 minutes ago, wallstreetamigo said:

Like I said he played great. But he didn’t carry the team all by himself in an entire series. His team was pretty good in those playoffs too. 

We'll have to agree to disagree.  They don't give the Conn Smyth for good performances imho.