The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Is it time for the Canucks to deploy the change-up?!

Rate this topic

Bruce Boudreau

https://nypost.com/2017/03/09/i-spent-a-week-in-the-nhl-there-was-too-much-drinking-fighting-screwing/

“They have this thing called a ‘change-up,’ when a player is not on form, not scoring,” Chin said. “The manager will call a change-up, and basically, that player has to go out and ruin himself for the night then come back the next day with the attitude of you just don’t care.”

How exactly would a player “ruin himself” for the night, you ask?

ADVERTISEMENT

“They send him out, drink 20 pints, go off with a couple of women, whatever he wants, and come back the next day,” Chin said. “That’s the way they live. It’s the culture, what they believe in, letting off steam like that. I don’t know if they look at the science behind it.”

After no showing in the Mile high city its time for the Canucks to run a little wild in Vegas and have a boys night out a bonding trip if you will..

A Friday night of debauchery out on the town. Bump up their stipends or per diems just for Vegas.

Maybe that's the magic elixir. It can't hurt anyways they can't play any worse than tonight!!!

Edited by Chip Kelly
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Flying V, it's not as if we can do worse

Flying V Mighty Ducks GIFs | Tenor

It is funny, but you reminded me of a team I played on a few years ago, where I had a buddy come play for us for a game, during the game we had a Power play, and it was very dismal to say the least. My buddy looked at me on the bench, and said "Ah, yes! The Herring ball formation". meaning no one knew where the others were going. No plan, but they tried hard!

• Haha 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

Not only was drinking in front the coaches acceptable, Chin said, but it was sometimes a strategy to break out of a slump.

“They have this thing called a ‘change-up,’ when a player is not on form, not scoring,” Chin said. “The manager will call a change-up, and basically, that player has to go out and ruin himself for the night then come back the next day with the attitude of you just don’t care.”

How exactly would a player “ruin himself” for the night, you ask?

“They send him out, drink 20 pints, go off with a couple of women, whatever he wants, and come back the next day,” Chin said. “That’s the way they live. It’s the culture, what they believe in, letting off steam like that. I don’t know if they look at the science behind it.”

3 hours ago, Chip Kelly said:

https://nypost.com/2017/03/09/i-spent-a-week-in-the-nhl-there-was-too-much-drinking-fighting-screwing/

After no showing in the Mile high city its time for the Canucks to run a little wild in Vegas and have a boys night out a bonding trip if you will..

A Friday night of debauchery out on the town. Bump up their stipends or per diems just for Vegas.

Maybe that's the magic elixir. It can't hurt anyways they can't play any worse than tonight!!!

That sounds like a game plan ................................................................Straight outta Surrey!

might as well hit the gun range on the edge of town after and lay a clip or two on the house!

image.png.0f69bcd1bd21f5f626186a20eb0e3369.pngimage.jpeg.b3072d4b27f27b3d0bd10f248c1b1f2d.jpegShooting Range GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

• Haha 1