The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CURE TO CANUCKS ROUGH START

Rate this topic

hockeygod77

17 hours ago, DeNiro said:

You can tell they’re confused every time they play.

I honestly think we’re seeing a battle of what the coaches are telling them and what their natural instincts are. 

I think the coaches want them to play safe low event hockey that relies on the other team turning over the puck and capitalizing on chances.

The players with the skills they have want to hold on to the puck for longer and make plays on the fly. Transition quick and take chances to force offense.

The result is a blend of the two where they’re not playing the best of either style. Half the guys are dumping it in and changing while the other guys are still trying to force plays.

The disconnect between the players and the coaches is painfully obvious. And that’s on Benning for trying to force a skilled team to play Greens style of hockey. If he wanted Green to be coach he should have built his team more like the 06/07 Canucks. Big D and four lines full of grinders mixed with stellar goaltending.

I couldn't agree more with this.

The scary thing is, if Benning's still here he'll get to pick a new coach....his track record doesn't prove that he's capable of that.  

If a miracle happens and this team turns things around, I still will be wary under this management group.  If the players just take this upon themselves to go out there and play and not listen to the screaming at their backs, I bet they'd have better results at this point.  This roster should not be struggling to the extent they are.  This isn't a player or two who are in slumps, this is a team that's showing absolute disarray at times.  

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, -DLC- said:

I couldn't agree more with this.

The scary thing is, if Benning's still here he'll get to pick a new coach....his track record doesn't prove that he's capable of that.  

If a miracle happens and this team turns things around, I still will be wary under this management group.  If the players just take this upon themselves to go out there and play and not listen to the screaming at their backs, I bet they'd have better results at this point.  This roster should not be struggling to the extent they are.  This isn't a player or two who are in slumps, this is a team that's showing absolute disarray at times.  

When Deb gives up hope, yikes. 

• Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

When Deb gives up hope, yikes. 

I haven't.  I'm here for the long haul and will cheer the boys on, win and lose.  Just a little unsettled right now, that's all.  A few good wins would change all that on the surface, but I'm so nervous about it all.

I just think that you have to try something new and I love this roster and want them to play inspired hockey.  I feel a change in coaching, which is what most teams do when they're totally underperforming, could ignite that spark..

Holding my breath hockey is tough...I live, die and breathe this team and I don't want to see this disintegrate to the point that we start losing players who are the ones I get excited to watch.  And that concerns me.

• Huggy Bear 1

WILLIE MITCHEL GOEF COURTNAL MAYBE GIRE DARCY ROTA..I STILL THINK MIKE GILLIS IS WAY BETTER THAN JIM BENNING...I FONT HATE BENNING BUT HE IS A BIT OF CLUTS WHEN PICKING PLAYERS...ONLY REASON HEWON IN BOSTON WAS THE TEAM WAS ALREADY PRETTY MUCH THERE..YOU NEED TO GET SOME REAL HOCKEY PEOPLE...