The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[ PROPOSAL ] Trade Boeser + 2022 1st for top 2 D

EP4EVA

Hi guys,

I'm not sure who is available from what team but with all the strong wingers we have on this team, and not enough cap space to sign everyone down the road, I suggest we trade Boeser our 22 1st for a top 2 physical D.

Do any of you have someone in mind? Please discuss.

The first person that comes to mind is Jakob Chychrun

Edited by EP4EVA
  • Wat 1

3 minutes ago, EP4EVA said:

Hi guys,

I'm not sure who is available from what team but with all the strong wingers we have on this team, and not enough cap space to sign everyone down the road, I suggest we trade Boeser our 22 1st for a top 2 physical D.

No chance we get a 1st and a top 2 D for Boeser. 

Gotta pick one or the other. draft pick, or a Defenseman.

Even then.. At this stage I dont know if we get a 1st rounder for him straight up, given the goal scoring pace hes on this year. 

6 minutes ago, EP4EVA said:

Hi guys,

How about we trade him for a 1st we use to draft Nemec/Jiricek and say a 3C who can win draws and PK? 

Something like 

To Buffalo Brock + 3rd

To Van Zemgus Girginsons + 1st Fla/VGN

Edited by hammertime
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, eeeeergh said:

No chance we get a 1st and a top 2 D for Boeser. 

Gotta pick one or the other. draft pick, or a Defenseman.

Even then.. At this stage I dont know if we get a 1st rounder for him straight up, given the goal scoring pace hes on this year. 

I think you read that wrong. I meant we trade Boeser and our 1st this year for a top 2 D. A stronger physical defenseman. Like a Chychrun or maybe one of the Avs D since they have a lot of younger skilled D coming up and not enough cap space.

• Haha 1
  • Wat 1

2 minutes ago, hammertime said:

How about we trade him for a 1st we use to draft Nemec/Jiricek and say a 3C who can win draws and PK?

I'm not sure which D prospects this coming draft can make a difference. If that's the case we should hold on to Boeser and our 1st and draft a strong young D with our top 10 pick.

• Wat 1

Just now, EP4EVA said:

I think you read that wrong. I meant we trade Boeser and our 1st this year for a top 2 D. A stronger physical defenseman. Like a Chychrun or maybe one of the Avs D since they have a lot of younger skilled D coming up and not enough cap space.

Oops you're right, my bad. 

I wouldn't want our 1st rounder moved again tbh, unless it was for the final piece we need to make a cup run. Our prospect pool is extremely dry right now. 

Boeser for a shutdown defenseman and a prospect could be a good deal for us, if there's a team out there really struggling to score goals. 

Just now, eeeeergh said:

Oops you're right, my bad. 

I wouldn't want our 1st rounder moved again tbh, unless it was for the final piece we need to make a cup run. Our prospect pool is extremely dry right now. 

Boeser for a shutdown defenseman and a prospect could be a good deal for us, if there's a team out there really struggling to score goals. 

I don't think any team would trade a top 2 D for Boeser straight up. We would at the very least need to cough up a 2nd round pick

• Wat 1

13 minutes ago, EP4EVA said:

Arizona is building around Chychrun - teams don’t move D1s and he’s younger than Boeser and on a solid contract.  They are doing a quick and intentional tank to hoard draft picks.  

18 minutes ago, EP4EVA said:

Colorado is certainly not trading Toews given his importance.  Great contract and cost them only 2x 2nds to acquire.  Leaves Erik Johnson which makes no sense for Vancouver unless you believe Mike Chambers when he says they are looking to move Girard for a scoring forward?  

4 minutes ago, mll said:

Colorado is certainly not trading Toews given his importance.  Great contract and cost them only 2x 2nds to acquire.  Leaves Erik Johnson which makes no sense for Vancouver unless you believe Mike Chambers when he says they are looking to move Girard for a scoring forward?  

At this point Girard would be better than what we have. It would give our defensive core a huge boost and I'm wondering if we could get him for a decent price.

Boeser for Severson is a structure that could make sense. We would need some assurance that Severson would be willing to re-sign, but he hasn't been great this year and might be a bit of a risk in that sense. 

Boeser for Carlo is another outline that makes a lot of sense but I don't think the Bruins would be willing to trade him. 

10 minutes ago, ABNuck said:

Boeser for Dumba straight up...keep our 1st.

BB is from Minnesota, Dumba is from Western Canada...might be a perfect trade.

Dumba is not the kind of D Vancouver needs. Offensive D who is not particularly reliable defensively.  He has Brodin to cover for him in Minnesota.

Guerin couldn’t care less from where players are from.  He’s actually been upset that locals wanted to go there for family reasons vs hockey reasons and has even shipped a few out.  

The Wild don’t have cap space - their buyout cap hits for Parise/Suter increase by 8M next season to reach 13M and then another 2 seasons at 15M.  They are in a rebuild and have winger prospects.  Dumba is possibly a stop gap for Addisson who they want to develop properly in the minors before bringing him up on the regular. 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, mll said:

Dumba is not the kind of D Vancouver needs. Offensive D who is not particularly reliable defensively.  He has Brodin to cover for him in Minnesota.

Guerin couldn’t care less from where players are from.  He’s actually been upset that locals wanted to go there for family reasons vs hockey reasons and has even shipped a few out.  

The Wild don’t have cap space - their buyout cap hits for Parise/Suter increase by 8M next season to reach 13M and then another 2 seasons at 15M.  They are in a rebuild and have winger prospects.  Dumba is possibly a stop gap for Addisson who they want to develop properly in the minors before bringing him up on the regular. 

They are 1st in the Central Division. Whatever aspirations they had at rebuilding, might be shelved as they are over-achieving and might actually have decent playoff chances now. If they add a legit top 6 scorer, and then pickup a Dman to replace Dumba at the tradeline (even a rental) they might actually be convinced to move him for Boeser.

I don't necessarily agree with your assessment of Dumba...he might not be a Chris Tanev, but he's also not Tyler Myers...he's somewhere in between.

To me, Hughes/Myers with OEL/Dumba would be better than having Hamonic in our top 4...and having another Dman that can make a decent first pass (without turning over the biscuit) might actually bolster our offense more-so than having a finisher that doesn't get the chance to do his thing. I always say, build the team from the backend out, then build down the middle, then add the complimentary pieces.

• Wat 1

I'd like to keep Dicky-EP-Boeser together a bit longer.

EP-Boeser have had great chemistry in the past and Dicky may be the player that helps to stabilize the line. 

With Boeser gone, it will be even harder for EP to re-gain his form.

And I think the coaches finally have the right PP configuration with Boeser-OEL-EP. Three guys that can shoot so they have to respect all three shooters.

I think OEL's goal in the last game demonstrated that PP alignments' advantage. Jets defender cheated a bit towards Boeser and the other forward was just too tight towards EP allowing Podz to screen the goalie untouched and OEL had an open shooting lane once he got the puck past the first checker.

I think RD is not the most urgent area of needs. The most urgent tasks:

1. I think it's a shutdown LD to pair up with Hamonic.

2. Get Hamonic fully vaccinated.

3. Develop a penalty killer from within the organization. Audition Hog or Podz or even EP. EP might as well do more defensive work since he isn't producing much offensively and he's the highest paid forward so it makes sense to use him in all situations. 

Edit: just re-watched OEL goal again.

Edited by khay

11 minutes ago, mll said:

lol, with where they are in the standings, if they are in a rebuild, I don't even know what are we doing.

But agree regarding Boeser for Dumba trade. Dumba is not what we need.

• Vintage 1

56 minutes ago, ABNuck said:

Boeser for Dumba straight up...keep our 1st.

BB is from Minnesota, Dumba is from Western Canada...might be a perfect trade.

I don't mind this trade but everyone is right in that Dumba is not what we need. Carlo would be an excellent addition. I wonder if he's available

2 hours ago, ABNuck said:

They are 1st in the Central Division. Whatever aspirations they had at rebuilding, might be shelved as they are over-achieving and might actually have decent playoff chances now. If they add a legit top 6 scorer, and then pickup a Dman to replace Dumba at the tradeline (even a rental) they might actually be convinced to move him for Boeser.

I don't necessarily agree with your assessment of Dumba...he might not be a Chris Tanev, but he's also not Tyler Myers...he's somewhere in between.

To me, Hughes/Myers with OEL/Dumba would be better than having Hamonic in our top 4...and having another Dman that can make a decent first pass (without turning over the biscuit) might actually bolster our offense more-so than having a finisher that doesn't get the chance to do his thing. I always say, build the team from the backend out, then build down the middle, then add the complimentary pieces.

Doesn't make sense for them to weaken their D-corps.  Spurgeon also just got injured against Florida and couldn't finish the game.  Why change a winning lineup especially for a player that is struggling.  They already have Fiala that's completely snake bitten and growing frustrated and frustrating by the day.   Acquiring a D at the TDL also costs assets when they are the ones looking to add picks/prospects.  

Dumba is really not a player I would target.  Dumba-Brodin works for them because Brodin is elite defensively (he really is) but Dumba alone is an adventure.  Such poor decision making - pinching at the wrong time, not analysing the situation and just so many turnovers.  It's clearly cost them the game against Vegas - Dumba admitting as much but at some point they will need to re-assess what to do with him especially at 6M when cap is going to be so tight.  

Cap space is a reality - they will be operating on a shoe string the next 3 seasons after this one.  There are players that are essential to their success who won't be going anywhere - Kaprizov, EriksonEk, Foligno, Hartman, Brodin, Spurgeon for sure.  They will likely try and trade Fiala for futures because even at 5M they can't afford him (not that his play right now warrants 5M).  

They are not going to rush their rebuild - it's how they got stuck in mediocrity in the past.  Their prospects are down in Milwaukee developing properly.  As Guerin explains they want them to become difference makers not just guys playing in the NHL.  So they'll do the right thing for the long term.

They also haven't really dominated other than a few games.  No team has had to mount a comeback more often than the Wild as they often trail on the scoresheet.  It shows resiliency and that they are developing the right culture but it doesn't equate being able to win it all. 

Edited by mll

2 hours ago, ABNuck said:

Having transition type D who can make a good first pass is a wasted asset with these coaches though. They want the team chipping pucks out.