The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] J.T. Miller Trade/Contract Talks

Podzilla

2 minutes ago, Sean Monahan said:

He’s declined statistically and in terms of durability. Unlikely to eclipse 20 goals this year. You think Winnipeg loves that contract? 

You think Winnipeg has an issue with a Wheeler putting up close to an 80pt pace?  He's not the issue.  Scheifele is the one their fans are annoyed with.  Same with Hellebuycks inconsistent play this year.  Not to mention their defensive issues.

• Vintage 1

Just now, stawns said:

Man, no one moves the goal posts the way you do

How? I've always said Miller is unique.  Very rare do players his age achieve what he's doing this year.  You're the one all over the place.

Just now, HKSR said:

How? I've always said Miller is unique.  Very rare do players his age achieve what he's doing this year.  You're the one all over the place.

How is he unique?  He's having a great year, many players have a career year at their peak.

2 minutes ago, HKSR said:

You think Winnipeg has an issue with a Wheeler putting up close to an 80pt pace?  He's not the issue.  Scheifele is the one their fans are annoyed with.  Same with Hellebuycks inconsistent play this year.  Not to mention their defensive issues.

Again, why didn't they go out, last summer, and sign a couple of top 4 dmen to help?

Just now, stawns said:

How is he unique?  He's having a great year, many players have a career year at their peak.

Like i said, very few players of his age in the past 20 years has done what he's doing right now. Unique.  You just keep ignoring that fact so we go around in circles.

Just now, stawns said:

But they haven't been a contender for awhile now.  Why didn't they stock up with the depth they needed last off season?

moving Laine was a ballsy move. Picked up Nate for a bag of magic beans. It hasn't worked out for them this year, but if CH turns it around next year they can be back in the mix. 

• Cheers 1

Just now, stawns said:

Again, why didn't they go out, last summer, and sign a couple of top 4 dmen to help?

Why didn't every team just go out and sign whatever they want?  There's a finite amount of players to go around.  Why don't you tell me who they should have signed last year?

Just now, JM_ said:

moving Laine was a ballsy move. Picked up Nate for a bag of magic beans. It hasn't worked out for them this year, but if CH turns it around next year they can be back in the mix. 

Thank you for speaking with logic.

• Vintage 1

Just now, HKSR said:

Why didn't every team just go out and sign whatever they want?  There's a finite amount of players to go around.  Why don't you tell me who they should have signed last year?

we've all seen how bringing in UFAs can be a disastrous fit. We know Miller fits here. Thats actually worth something. 

The magic two year re-tool comes with risks as well. I don't see much effort on the 'move Miller' side acknowledging the risks of the prospects and picks we might get for Miller not working out.

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, JM_ said:

The bottomline is the issue is not Wheeler.

• Vintage 1

3 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Could they have signed those kinds of players even if they were there? 

Hint, the answer is no because they have a cap number well above the actual limit.  If not for Littles ltir status they'd have to shed even more quality players

Edited by stawns
  • Vintage 1