The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Bo Horvat Trade/Contract Talks

HOFsedins

1 minute ago, HOFsedins said:

Ok that makes more sense why you think that. To be fair I think the plan was to keep them both, which was very possible and still is. But the fact Bo has had his best season so far did not help. He is using this season to cash in on a long term contract which is perfectly the right thing to do. Just doesnt help us that he's playing as good as he is atm. Don't think anyone expected Bo to be scoring at this rate.

Well he was about the same pace the last half of the season too. My beef with the whole thing is they low balled him in the summer. I figured anywhere between 7-7.5 would have gotten a deal done. Then the signed Miller, then Horvat kept up his great scoring pace.

In the end it just feels like the disrespected Bo and I don’t think it’s all about money now. I think Bo wants out and if thats the case I don’t blame him one bit 

• Upvote 2
  • There it is 1

2 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

7x8 is the same money, $56 million, offered to Miller who accepted it after a 99 point season.  Miller could have gone to free agency as well and tried his luck but he didn’t. People seem to forget BO held out in his last contract and missed training camp. Seems to be a pattern with him. 

Comparing him to Henrik Sedin is kind of a joke really. 

Bo is the better all around player and the leader of the team.  He should have been the priority.  They disrespected him and it’s going to have deep consequences

• Cheers 3
  • Vintage 1

5 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

7x8 is the same money, $56 million, offered to Miller who accepted it after a 99 point season.  Miller could have gone to free agency as well and tried his luck but he didn’t. People seem to forget BO held out in his last contract and missed training camp. Seems to be a pattern with him. 

Comparing him to Henrik Sedin is kind of a joke really. 

Pettersson held out too so maybe he shouldn’t be captain then?? I don’t understand this statement 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, stawns said:

Bo is the better all around player and the leader of the team.  He should have been the priority.  They disrespected him and it’s going to have deep consequences

Bo had 52 points last year. Miller had 99.  So I don’t agree with Horvat needing to be the priority signing simply because he is wearing a C.

As for deep consequences, this situation is similar to when Linden was traded.  The deep consequences from that deal is that we ended up with Bertuzzi, then Daniel, then Luongo and then went to the Cup finals.  Seems like I would be okay with those consequences. 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Devron said:

Well he was about the same pace the last half of the season too. My beef with the whole thing is they low balled him in the summer. I figured anywhere between 7-7.5 would have gotten a deal done. Then the signed Miller, then Horvat kept up his great scoring pace.

In the end it just feels like the disrespected Bo and I don’t think it’s all about money now. I think Bo wants out and if thats the case I don’t blame him one bit 

I agree. Bo should have gotten signed in the Summer. That lowball offer that reported was disgusting. But let's be real, the body of work from both Bo and JT the past 3 years has been quite a difference. So I understand why a decision was being made to lock up JT when they thought it was a fair deal.

• Cheers 1

Just now, Elias Pettersson said:

Bo had 52 points last year. Miller had 99.  So I don’t agree with Horvat needing to be the priority signing simply because he is wearing a C.

As for deep consequences, this situation is similar to when Linden was traded.  The deep consequences from that deal is that we ended up with Bertuzzi, then Daniel, then Luongo and then went to the Cup finals.  Seems like I would be okay with those consequences. 

You can disagree all you want, I think every GM in the league would take Bo over Miller……..points tell a small fraction of a players value

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 3

1 hour ago, Warhippy said:

What does Lysell do for this team though?  Fights with Lekkerimaki for one of the non existent forward positions.

We need defense, picks and assets for the defense for the future.

Lysell is another asset.  At this stage of the game, the Canucks best move is to acquire as much trade capital as possible.  Then utilize that capital to acquire pieces we need from other teams that have more to choose from (ie. Non contenders)

Does anyone trust this bloated, diversity first, front office to actually win a trade trying to sell Bo to the highest bidder when every team knows that he is never going to re-sign in Vancouver?

People talking about 3 pieces back?  Yeah, I expect these guys if they actually do trade Bo to wait too long and get back a late 2nd, B prospect and a contract.  I don't trust Alvin to get anything of substance.  They bet on the wrong horse only after they failed to execute a trade due to their ego.  Double-down is incoming.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, stawns said:

Because he’s a better all around player and leader

I'll give you that but I'm sorry, they are in a results based profession. You are worth what you are producing. Before this season started, Horvat was not a 8M dollar player and JT simply is. I can argue that I still don't think Bo is a 8M dollar player.

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Devron said:

Pettersson held out too so maybe he shouldn’t be captain then?? I don’t understand this statement 

We are on the second round with Horvat.  So it’s a little different. If Petey holds out on signing an extension in the last year of his next deal prior to becoming a UFA then we can talk about it then. 

Just now, Elias Pettersson said:

We are on the second round with Horvat.  So it’s a little different. If Petey holds out on signing an extension in the last year of his next deal prior to becoming a UFA then we can talk about it then. 

What is the difference?

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, stawns said:

You can disagree all you want, I think every GM in the league would take Bo over Miller……..points tell a small fraction of a players value

99 points is almost double from 52 points. No sane GM in the league is going to prioritize signing a 52 point player over a 99 point player. 

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, stawns said:

Highly doubt the consequences will be that bad. Horvat couldn't do anything with this team since he began playing here. Not a knock on him, absolutely the managements fault. But just saying, what's the worst that can happen that we haven't seen yet? Bottom 3 in NHL standings? Sure, I think most might even welcome it.

1 minute ago, Devron said:

What is the difference?

Horvat’s contract is an issue every time. So not sure what you mean. This is the second go around with him and it’s distracting the team cause we are in the middle of a season and he doesn’t care. Like I said if Petey pulls the same stunt 2 years from now then we can talk. 

These kind of statements are usually a precursor to a trade. Very soon.

This will not die, it will only grow with every shoulder shrug, nod of the head or slow skate back to the bench.

The heat this will produce could be the incentive to pull the trigger on an offer.

Coming through the team kind of points to them being prepared for something

Wanted to keep it private but couldn't have been louder unless he used a mega phone or less public if he took out a billboard.

Edited by ToTellTheTruth
  • Haha 1