The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Bo Horvat Trade/Contract Talks

HOFsedins

2 minutes ago, jyu said:

I'd go after Byram.

OEL's skating has deteriorated so much, we are going need to replace him shortly. 

Concussion does scare me, so ideally we would need a 1st + a prospect on top of Byram. If we get him, we should afford him all the time in the world to recover from it and do not rush him back in the line up.

Is his skating "deteriorating" or is he just still dealing with whatever foot issue he was having earlier this season? He's looked fine for stretches and was good last year. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, I.Am.Ironman said:

Byram is LHD and a concerning injury history. I would hope to get a better fit in exchange for Bo. 

Byram can replace Hughes as part of our core 5.  Then we trade Hughes for a young 200 foot centre.  Hopefully a right shot guy to compliment Petey.  

3 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Is his skating "deteriorating" or is he just still dealing with whatever foot issue he was having earlier this season? He's looked fine for stretches and was good last year. 

Bryan, (guy from Hughes’ trade)

OEL, Myers

Dermott, Bear

I'd be happy if our D came out looking like this after moving Bo and Hughes. 

We could add depth too with guys like Newhook (Bo trade) and a young checking centre (Hughes’ Trade) 

4 minutes ago, aGENT said:

It's been affecting him since last season. There were moments where he straight out got beat to the puck even though he had extra strides on the opponents going back to last season.. At this point, if he's not being held out as injured, then it's safe to assume that what we are seeing is what we will see from him moving forward because it's likely a chronic problem and something that he's been playing with for years. 

Having said that, OEL is still a good player because he possesses great stick work and high IQ. But because of his skating, we should look to upgrade on him and move him down to 3rd pairing in a couple of seasons.

Getting Byram, if he does fully recover, we will have two excellent puck movers on the ice for 40-45 minutes a game. We can manage Hughes minutes much better. OEL should still be able to provide 16-18 minutes from the 3rd pairing by then.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Bryan, (guy from Hughes’ trade)

OEL, Myers

Dermott, Bear

I'd be happy if our D came out looking like this after moving Bo and Hughes. 

We could add depth too with guys like Newhook (Bo trade) and a young checking centre (Hughes’ Trade) 

I would like Hughes and Byram. That has the potential to be one of the best one-two punches on defence since Pronger and Niedermayer. 

I remember in the 2007 playoffs, Pronger and Niedermayer on the ice for like 50 minutes. I don't even remember who their 3LD was.

Hughes-Bear

Byram-Schenn

OEL-Dermott

I'd be OK with the above defence next season.

Trade Myers to clear cap space, even if we have to eat up cap.

Draft a center in 2023 with a top 10 pick that could join the team in a couple of seasons to play behind Petey. 

Acquire a 3C via UFA.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, jyu said:

I would like Hughes and Byram. That has the potential to be one of the best one-two punches on defence since Pronger and Niedermayer. 

I remember in the 2007 playoffs, Pronger and Niedermayer on the ice for like 50 minutes. I don't even remember who their 3LD was.

Hughes-Bear

Byram-Schenn

OEL-Dermott

I'd be OK with the above defence next season.

Trade Myers to clear cap space, even if we have to eat up cap.

Draft a center in 2023 with a top 10 pick that could join the team in a couple of seasons to play behind Petey. 

Acquire a 3C via UFA.

Yup.  Your plan is better.  Hughes and Byram would be great.  Would it be too much to add Rathbone to Bo if that’s what it took to get Byram. 

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Yup.  Your plan is better.  Hughes and Byram would be great.  Would it be too much to add Rathbone to Bo if that’s what it took to get Byram. 

I would add Rathbone if it gets us Byram + 1st + F prospect.

With Byram and Hughes, there's no roster spot for Rathbone.

• There it is 1

16 minutes ago, jyu said:

At this point, if he's not being held out as injured, then it's safe to assume that what we are seeing is what we will see from him moving forward because it's likely a chronic problem and something that he's been playing with for years. 

Thanks Dr. Rechi

drrecchi2.jpg

I heard the same about Karlsson and his ankle the last couple years. Seems to be ok this season...

• Cheers 1
  • RoughGame 1

2 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Thanks Dr. Rechi

drrecchi2.jpg

I heard the same about Karlsson and his ankle the last couple years. Seems to be ok this season...

If OEL recovers like Karlsson, we win. 

But hey! Be respectful! I'm giving my opinion based on what I've seen from OEL. He hasn't recovered his skating for more than a year.

Don't you go around f*cking compare me to the piece of $hit scumbag, Dr. Recchi.

Edit: I'm saving that meme the next time I see you giving an opinion on player's health.

Edited by jyu
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, jyu said:

If OEL recovers like Karlsson, we win. 

But hey! Be respectful! I'm giving my opinion based on what I've seen from OEL. He hasn't recovered his skating for more than a year.

Don't you go around f*cking compare me to the piece of $hit scumbag, Dr. Recchi.

Edit: I'm saving that meme the next time I see you giving an opinion on player's health.

b28010fb-5c07-4e2d-b76a-29ce4234928e_tex

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Yeah, I don't see how Hughes, Byram and OEL... or their eventual cap hits, is at all a long term solution.

OEL can, and likely will be able to, run a power play for the next few years even if he’s slowing down 5 on 5. (Which is an if for me! Haha.)  Giving him PP 1 duties is probably the best way to maximize his cap hit, as well. 

With all that said, I’m incredibly cautious on Byram - isn’t he hurt again?  

• Cheers 1

11 minutes ago, ilduce39 said:

If we get Byram we should move Hughes for a huge haul.  And I love Hughes. 

It would be too much fun to be a chipmunk on the shelf in Allvin’s Office when players are discussed.

Out Bo and Hughes.

In Byram and ? 

• Cheers 1

12 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Yeah, I don't see how Hughes, Byram and OEL... or their eventual cap hits, is at all a long term solution.

OEL's contract runs out the year QH's contract runs out and the cap will rise.

I think it can work out. 

15 minutes ago, Alflives said:

It would be too much fun to be a chipmunk on the shelf in Allvin’s Office when players are discussed.

Out Bo and Hughes.

In Byram and ? 

As disappointing as the season has been it sure is interesting to see what they do here.

Maybe Sharangovich or Mercer… plus  Wood and Nemec? I’m not familiar with New Jersey’s depth at all.  

Edited by ilduce39
Edited after looking
  • There it is 1